Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough Chairman Interview - Marcus Maddison

Interesting watch - says exactly what happened with the MM saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqEv7KECPQ

Comments

• I too dislike the traffic in London.
  • edited February 2020
    Didn't expect to hear so much detail about the fee, wow.

1.5m payable in stages, 500k payable after 50 games for the club, 500k when we get promoted to the Premier League and a percentage sell on.
  • Fascinating. Really enjoyed that.
  • edited February 2020
    On Ivan Toney: "if we don't get promoted, we will sell him in the summer"

Sounds like there's 15-16 clubs who want him based on what is said.
  • So Matt was trying to meet up a deal for Ivan Toney and got told "we couldn't afford him". So he is more than likely to go to one of 2 Premiership teams i relegated and has 7 clubs altogether interested him. Has to be Leeds or West Brom from the Champioship then... " So MM never wanted to go to Charlton then. Good. Glad he didn't come.  Shame we are not going to get Toney.
  • Bournemouth were looking at Toney if Josh King went to Man U.

Brentford had four bids rejected for Toney.
  • Very insightful interview and boy can he talk.  Interesting to know what we actually offered without all the assumptions clouding the issue.

I think we can assume Toney will be out of our budget with so many clubs after him, whilst some of them will have no problem breaking the bank  to acquire him.

Like a few of our fans have said I think we have dodged a bullet with Madison. It might be that Madison could be in for a wake up call in the summer when he does look for a permanent move.  Hull could struggle between now and the end of season having sold their best creative player  & main goalscorer. Their crowd was down to 10K and I read the atmosphere was subdued from the start, not surprising when you sell your best 2 players.   

Like Posh Chairmen said 'they have moved on', we also move on as a club.   
  • Sponsored links:

Peterborough want £10 mil . Way out of our league 
  • Would love to have a pint with him and pick his brains on what it's like running a football club 

Peterborough want £10 mil . Way out of our league 

Can't blame em when Derby paid 10m for Bielik. It's madness.
  • Great video. Shows how open a chairman can be if he so chooses. Glad that our chairman appears to be cut from the same cloth.
    Really pleased that we didn't sign Maddison. Doubt if he would have done much for team morale. 
  • Mike said:
    Interesting watch - says exactly what happened with the MM saga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqEv7KECPQ
    I must admit no idea whether I’m having the wool being pulled over my eyes, but I love listening to that fella.
  • Great honesty from the owner. As for Maddison....... what a wanker! 
  • Fascinating, thanks for sharing.

Feel like we dodged a bullet with Maddison. Clearly a quality player and his stats are ridiculous over three seasons, but attitude not great. It seems he wants a very high wage even for championship football. 
  • £1.5m guaranteed payable in stage plus £0.5m after 50 games, another £0.5m if we get promoted to EPL plus a sell on percentage.

So we were willing to spend £1.5m albeit not all of it now.

So do we have money?
  • £1.5m guaranteed payable in stage plus £0.5m after 50 games, another £0.5m if we get promoted to EPL plus a sell on percentage.

So do we have money?
    I guess that depends what the first instalment would have been and when it would have been paid. The fact that Birmingham were knocked back when they wanted to defer any payments until the summer suggests that P’Boro would have wanted some serious money up front. 
  • Sponsored links:

So do we have money?
    Its just about spending it the right way in January!!
  • Sounds like we dodge a bullet with this one. Wow .. if ever there was a Prima Donna 
  • edited February 2020
    Good video, sounds like we maybe dodged a bulllet with Maddison. Clearly didn’t fancy it and would have just been coming for the money.

Also nice to know that we did ask the question about Toney, but we’ve got to be realistic and accept that it’s just not going to happen with the amount of interest in him.
  • I just hope that the interest in him is now over... 
  • Disappointed that both Lee and Steve had to travel up to Peterborough in the first place if Maddison said no at the very beginning

I guess a sign of that is why DM didnt bother ringing us with the loan offer on Thursday like what he did for Hull

I know we're only getting one side of the story but hearing DM say that has made me glad we've not gone and signed him - Especially when he spoke about the player occasionally not being up for the fight if he didnt fancy it one weekend (I cannot stress enough how we cant afford to have that type of player on our books at the moment)

Would be curious to see what players already at Charlton have his agents though (Why the hell do you need more than one, your a League One player!!)

Also pretty shocking that there is no agreement for Hull to keep him on a perm despite them paying the six figure sum!!

Sounds to me like he'll use Hull to showcase what he can do and then sign with a bigger club (should one come along, really hope they dont!!)