Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Are West Ham going down??

Have you seen their remaining fixtures?

09/02 Man City (a)
24/02 Liverpool (a)
29/02 Southampton (h)
07/03 Arsenal (a)
15/03 Wolves (h)
20/03 Spurs (a)
04/04 Chelsea (h)
11/04 Newcastle (a)
18/04 Burnley (h)
25/04 Norwich (a)
02/05 Watford (h)
09/05 Man Utd (a)
17/05 Aston V (h)

I'd be very worried if I was them. 

Comments

• A fair bit of discussion on their recent form here...

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61604/west-ham#latest
  • LenGlover said:
    They always get out of it like Palace.
    Let's hope that this time they don't. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    If they get relegated, they'll keep Cullen.

If they stay up there's a decent chance we'll be able to buy him.

Oh bugger. Hadn't thought about that. They'd better stay up then.                Although, to be honest, I'm not sure we'll get him either way. Let them go down!
  • If we have a genuine chance of goin up then you wouldn’t want them down,  if our owners are chancers them bring em down for bants 
  • Oggy Red said:

I've heard others say this, but I'm not quite sure how anyone can be certain. Lots of clubs that get relegated have a fire sale.
  • Now are they losing 28 million quid a year!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder if they will fill their new stadium when playing in the Championship?
  • Have you seen their remaining fixtures?

09/02 Man City (a)
    24/02 Liverpool (a)
    29/02 Southampton (h)
    07/03 Arsenal (a)
    15/03 Wolves (h)
    20/03 Spurs (a)
    04/04 Chelsea (h)
    11/04 Newcastle (a)
    18/04 Burnley (h)
    25/04 Norwich (a)
    02/05 Watford (h)
    09/05 Man Utd (a)
    17/05 Aston V (h)

I'd be very worried if I was them. 
    Not going to get many points over those next 7 games so a lot will be riding on the last 6.

Realistically they need to beat Southampton, Burnley, Watford and Villa at home and pick up something at Newcastle and Norwich. Lose any of those games though and they're in even more trouble.

I think they'll find a way to squeeze out of it though, they usually do.
  • Oggy Red said:

Isn’t he out of contract? If we are in the same division  as they that more attractive than us? 
    He’s guaranteed a game here. 

Hopefully we are already in his ear about building the team around him. 

My biggest concern if they (hopefully) get relegated  is how cheap they will make it to attend games to attract crowds. They aren’t paying for the stadium so will be able to have ridiculously low prices to attract floating fans. 
  • Oggy Red said:

Isn’t he out of contract? If we are in the same division  as they that more attractive than us? 

My biggest concern if they (hopefully) get relegated  is how cheap they will make it to attend games to attract crowds. They aren’t paying for the stadium so will be able to have ridiculously low prices to attract floating fans. 
    They activated a clause that gave him another year on his deal, so he's their player until 2021 now.
  • Oggy Red said:

They activated a clause that gave him another year on his deal, so he's their player until 2021 now.
    S@@t I didn’t realise that! 
  • They can offer cheap tickets etc but the atmosphere at their games will be poisonous, especially if they don't start well.
  • Didnt rate Moyes when he was last there. He proper lucked out.

West Ham are normally pretty shit apart from one player who always digs them out.

They don't have a Payet or an Arnautorvic this time round.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:
    They can offer cheap tickets etc but the atmosphere at their games will be poisonous, especially if they don't start well.
    Would be really toxic.
  • They’ve got a tough run in and will have to raise their game if they want to stay up, not a great result yesterday against Brighton.
  • Do hope so
    Be a great derby next season
  • BR3red said:
    Ouch

Tough run...

Haven't been to the Olympic Stadium since - well The Olympics...

Next season hopefully.... 👍
    We will take more fans than they will have
  • Oggy Red said:

I dont think its a given, Oggy. Lets say we finish strongly. Lets say ESI clearly show their rebuilding plans for the close season. Meanwhile they are down, the atmosphere is toxic. Will they even stick with Moyes? If we make him a good offer, what would he go for? People say, well he’s a Hammers fan. I dont think the pros think like that. But there is one more very important person in this question, whom nobody is considering, because they are always in the shadows.....

His agent.

Move = payday. Stay = zilch....

• I think they’ll go down.

But if they do there’s no chance of Cullen joining, which is a real shame. They also would have Bowen so would likely be fairly strong next season in the Championship.
  • edited February 2020
    There is a very real third option. West Ham sell him but not to us.
    If Cullen has a strong finish to the season I can see several clubs at the bottom of the PL/top of the Championship being interested in him. At his age he needs to step up a level which we can't offer in the short term.