Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Much as it galls me to praise Liverpool

hats off to a team that mathematically can't finish lower than 14th by the end of January and, if they win tomorrow, lower than 8th by 1st February.

They have had a remarkable season so far.

Comments

• Nobody can finish lower than 8th by the 1st February. 

:wink:
  • Hate em... For lots of reasons... But they deserve this seasons success. 
  • already got more points this season, then they’ve managed in 17 Premier League season since 1992
  • Man Utd once won the premier league with 75 pts.
  • I think this is the best team I’ve seen in English football in my lifetime. 
  • Davo55 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I’ve got no personal reason to dislike Liverpool. Likeable manager, likeable players and an owner that does things the right way. Would sooner see them win it than City, United or Chelsea. They’re the best team from my childhood too so there’s a nostalgia thing, I’m happy to see them do it. 

I was up in Liverpool last week and watched the Wolves game in a pub. The fans I chatted to were all good people and not remotely full of themselves. They’re nervous as hell! Happy to see them do it. 
    Good to see this. I'm always bemused by the hatred that so many posters have for Liverpool. They are a fantastic club. Going to Anfield to see us play there was a highlight of our Prem years.
    Yeah I was at Bartlett’s debut when we got stuffed. The roar as they came forward was genuinely intimidating, I’ve not experienced that elsewhere to that extent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    I’ve got no personal reason to dislike Liverpool. Likeable manager, likeable players and an owner that does things the right way. Would sooner see them win it than City, United or Chelsea. They’re the best team from my childhood too so there’s a nostalgia thing, I’m happy to see them do it. 

I was up in Liverpool last week and watched the Wolves game in a pub. The fans I chatted to were all good people and not remotely full of themselves. They’re nervous as hell! Happy to see them do it. 
    Like them or loathe them they are proper club. Chelsea and Man City need to go back to lower / mid table in the next few years
  • Ok I'll bite...  bloody bin dippers!
  • Ok I'll bite...  bloody bin dippers!
    How many of the players are actually Scousers? Doubt many even live in Liverpool either?
  • Next to palarse and millwank they are the team I hate most 

Just curious as to why?
  • Listen to Klopps comments regarding the FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury. Should answer a few of your queries. 

Shame as I was starting to like them after they turned down hosting England at Anfield because the sun needed to have a reporter there. 

Just curious as to why?
    If you have to ask then I really don't know how to answer 
  • Whether you like their fans of not you have to admit they are playing wonderful football.
  • Never really had to dislike them and seems they've gone about building a team and management structure the right way so absolutely fair play to how they're going right now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• A team other than City,  United or Chelsea to win the Prem title.  Can't see anything wrong with that at all. 

Also,  like some others have said I grew up watching their European Cup exploits under Bob Paisley and used to love their games. Always had a thing about the Kop surge too. 

One of our finest away performances came at Anfield in the 3.3 draw. 
  • A had a girlfriend who was a Liverpool supporter and she nicked all the wheels off my car so I've had a soft spot for them ever since.
  • edited February 2020
    16 February, a third of the season left pretty much and mathematically Liverpool cannot finish lower than 5th!

Incredible.

• Can’t stand the whole victim aspect aswell as the whole scouse not English carry on - yes the sun were wankers and I in full agreement ,

The constant hijacking and whinging of there fans is tedious I also find klopp an arrogant wanker - loved him at Dortmund but now not so much. 
  • Can’t stand the whole victim aspect aswell as the whole scouse not English carry on - yes the sun were wankers and I in full agreement ,

The constant hijacking and whinging of there fans is tedious I also find klopp an arrogant wanker - loved him at Dortmund but now not so much. 
    I still like Klopp but I am finding him more arrogant and you would imagine that’s only going to get worse. 
  • Said on the premier league thread that it's crazy to think that if they'd won at Man Utd earlier this season, they'd have won 35 straight games.

That's ridiculous at any level.
  • Davo55 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:

Good to see this. I'm always bemused by the hatred that so many posters have for Liverpool. They are a fantastic club. Going to Anfield to see us play there was a highlight of our Prem years.
    Ditto. Never understood the hate to the fans (altho 1/2 the family are from merseyside)... always been a cheerful friendly bunch to me. 

In my office everyone blindly hates liverpool and their fans and no1 has a legitimate reason why! 

They give the neutral fan some great european nights and actually invent decent chants.  They've always backed the team even in the bad times. 
  • I like this Liverpool team, suspect that’s a lot to do with me preferring Klopp to Pep. They are an exceptional team doing something special. Although if don’t win the  league for nearly 30 years, you should be scrapping it on the last weekend, not winning it in February