Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Most Overrated Products

Comments

• .....Give me a pair of Nike Internationalist ID for 50 quid, any day over a pair of Gazelle 
  • Controversial I know, and I get some of the attraction but, for the same dough, I'd get a decent pair of NB 996s 

• Beats headphones. A product designed for idiots with no concept of sound quality.
    Disagree on this. I got some through work a while back and they were maybe the best overhead headphones I've owned. Durable, comfortable and perfectly good sound to my ears. Headphone snobbery is way more irritating to me! They may be overpriced, but they're perfectly decent headphones. 
  • edited January 2020
    iPhones. They don't do anything better than a top Android but they cost 3-5x as much. They're fashion accessories. 

High heels. They seem desperate. Why not be your true height? I don't walk around on stilts.

IPAs. Tastes like someone scooped it out of a ditch.
  • Pie & Mash. 

Jank meat in a moody soggy pastry, but you have to like it otherwise what sort of geeeeeza are ya. Plus you have to tell everyone you've ever met or know that you're currently eating it.
    Sounds like @UEAAddick

: - )
  • Got to balance out this apple bashing nonsense, sorry.  

There's hardly a day that goes by when I don't get the chance to rip the piss out of some windows laptop owner who can't connect to the wifi or spends 15 minutes trying every combination of keystrokes, laptop, screen reboots and cable switches and still can't get their demo going; my apple laptop connects instantly, no hands.

They are virtually hacker proof and almost no-one could break into my laptop if it was stolen.

Top of my list would be Audis.
    + 1 for Bose, Nandos
  • Greenie said:
    Don’t get the Apple hate, it’s totally unjustified, been using Macs since 92, never had a virus, unlike wanky PCs that are just pony in every way.
    Last time I used a PC laptop I closed it and then opened it again And had to wait 3-4 weeks for it to reboot. 

Do you still have to know code and type in stuff like C: to find a hard drive on a PC? If they’re so much better, why have the manufacturers copied so many of the Apple software and hardware designs? 

I just looked up ‘latest Galaxy phone’ and it’s more expensive than my iPhone was! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    cafc375 said:
    Pandora jewellery. My missus has bought loads over the last few years, even she's now realised how horrendously overpriced it all is. 
    Yep, mine hasn't yet realised. The amount of shit charms I've had to buy for silly money. Only silver lining is it's an easy xmas/birthday present. 
  • The Premier League
    Any so called 'premium lager' which is same as any of the other pasteurised, pressurised shite that gets served here.
  • Krispy Kremes - a doughnut (sic) is a fluffy thing with jam in it and covered in sugar.
    Cupcakes - WTAF?!
    Pretty much anything sold in Shoreditch.
  • Rothko said:
    agree on RayBands, be a real person and buy Oakleys

Persol - good enough for Steve McQueen then good enough for me.
  • Adidas bumpers
    Plimsolls with 3 stripes and 60 quid price tag. 
  • .....Give me a pair of Nike Internationalist ID for 50 quid, any day over a pair of Gazelle 
    Plimsolls with a tick and a 50 quid price tag. 
  • + Another for Bose. 
    I bought some of them about 20 years ago. They have 2 inch paper tweeters and a 6 inch subwoofer. I paid a lot of money for not a lot of sound. 
     I read somewhere that Bose stands for; Buy Other Stereo Equipment.

• Technology is great except for having to try to remember zillions of passwords, and forever having to remember your email for a password re set.
    And the need for plug sockets, right now I have all eight plugholes on my trailing sockets being used and also the other socket is being used too.
    There is a fortune to be made by somebody who can help with the spaghetti of wires and the demand for passwords.
    You need to leave this forum you heathen 
  • seth plum said:
    Technology is great except for having to try to remember zillions of passwords, and forever having to remember your email for a password re set.
    And the need for plug sockets, right now I have all eight plugholes on my trailing sockets being used and also the other socket is being used too.
    There is a fortune to be made by somebody who can help with the spaghetti of wires and the demand for passwords.
    LastPass is your friend on the passwords front, then you only have to remember one! 
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcpolo said:
    seth plum said:
    Technology is great except for having to try to remember zillions of passwords, and forever having to remember your email for a password re set.
    LastPass is your friend on the passwords front, then you only have to remember one! 
    Don't you also have to remember all your passwords in order to set up last Pass?
  • seth plum said:
    cafcpolo said:
    seth plum said:
    Don't you also have to remember all your passwords in order to set up last Pass?
    It would help but technically no, but that would mean doing password resets for all your accounts. It will generate complex passwords for you though. 
  • Absolutely anything with the Birds Eye label on it: Meagre portions of shit 'food' designed to fleece the unsuspecting. Heinz baked beans: Ordinary product sold at extraordinary prices, still earning a living from false-memories of 'a million housewives every day'. Coke: Not as good as Pepsi. Lager: Almost never the genuine article. Mass produced shit that's been specially watered down for the British market. Cider that isn't cider, but is really just alcopops with a more adult name - it's just a kids drink mixed with cheap spirit, but people lap it up.  Tins of tuna that are half empty when you put off the brine. Sausages that are a mix of fat and cereal. Meat that's injected with water. And if you switch to veggie you get absolutely shafted with ridiculously overpriced mushroom based products and restaurant offerings with little thought and little substance. Come to think of it, more or less everything we eat and drink in rip-off Britain is over-rated.
  • edited January 2020
    iainment said:
    PopIcon said:
    Things that everyone else seems to crow on about, but you can't see the value in.

Yorkshire Tea
    Richmon Sauages
    Netflix
    I Phones
    Richmond Sausage? I've only met one person in my whole life who eats these.
    3% pork meat, 97% life dust.
    Irish lads I used to drink with reckons they were the best sausages by far, I'll eat em because I ain't fussy, but they ain't nice, at all
    I’m just passing where that sausage shop was near where Greenwich hospital used to be. They had the best sausages when I was still eating meat.
    Agree with that.  We lived just past the hospital and would always get our sausages there.
  • iainment said:
    PopIcon said:
    Things that everyone else seems to crow on about, but you can't see the value in.

Yorkshire Tea
    Richmon Sauages
    Netflix
    I Phones
    Richmond Sausage? I've only met one person in my whole life who eats these.
    3% pork meat, 97% life dust.
    Irish lads I used to drink with reckons they were the best sausages by far, I'll eat em because I ain't fussy, but they ain't nice, at all
    I’m just passing where that sausage shop was near where Greenwich hospital used to be. They had the best sausages when I was still eating meat.
    Was it a Kennedy’s?
    Wash your mouth out with soap. It was an independent.
  • Any Apple product.
    Once me and the Mrs went over to Samsung a few years ago, we ain't gone back. The Galaxy seems to bounce a bit better than an I Phone as well, as the glass screen doesn't go to the very edge
    Ms AA has had Windows and Android 'phones for work, she couldn't stand either of them and I have to agree, both operating systems are awful. So, whilst Samsung may or may not make better actual 'phones that Apple, the user experience is in my opinion worse.
  • Pizza Hut, Aberdeen Steak House, Nando's, etc., etc.
  • people really need to distinguish between apples phones and their computers

iPhones are clearly overrated whereas their computers are vastly superior to windows machines. my MacBook pro is the greatest bit of kit- super fast, never goes wrong, never crashes, no viruses, incredible battery life and stupidly light
  • Stig said:
    Absolutely anything with the Birds Eye label on it: Meagre portions of shit 'food' designed to fleece the unsuspecting. Heinz baked beans: Ordinary product sold at extraordinary prices, still earning a living from false-memories of 'a million housewives every day'. Coke: Not as good as Pepsi. Lager: Almost never the genuine article. Mass produced shit that's been specially watered down for the British market. Cider that isn't cider, but is really just alcopops with a more adult name - it's just a kids drink mixed with cheap spirit, but people lap it up.  Tins of tuna that are half empty when you put off the brine. Sausages that are a mix of fat and cereal. Meat that's injected with water. And if you switch to veggie you get absolutely shafted with ridiculously overpriced mushroom based products and restaurant offerings with little thought and little substance. Come to think of it, more or less everything we eat and drink in rip-off Britain is over-rated.
    With you on ALL of that... except coke. Clearly better than Pepsi.