Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pride of The Valley

Apologies for posting a slightly random thread..... my 92 year old Dad, 83 years a fan, was the 'Pride of the Valley' on Saturday and received a signed shirt before being interviewed on the pitch before the game. In addition Dad enjoyed meeting several players past and present. My brothers and I enjoyed seeing the old man have such a great day so much that we all forgot to buy programs for ourselves. The program has an article about Dad in the 'Fan in focus' section and we would all dearly love to have a copy each. So, to the point.... having been unsuccessful with requests to the club (so far) i was wondering if any of you on here have a spare or unwanted copy. We're looking for 7 and i would be extremely grateful if those of you who have a spare to pm me. Bit long winded this but thanks for reading.....cheers all.

Comments

• Think I have a spare copy. PM me and I can send it to you 
  • Nice one @77Hullathome

Just saw this come up on the BGS Alumni page. Im ex-Collins House, was the House named after your dad?
  • Nice one @77Hullathome

Just saw this come up on the BGS Alumni page. Im ex-Collins House, was the House named after your dad?
    Haha I was Collins too!
  • Your dad taught me maths at BGS; quite a formidable character but a great teacher!
  • And me.  Used to talk Charlton when he passed through the canteen where we were sitting.  
  • Folks, i'm going to email Olly shortly but will pass on the teaching related posts to Dad.... he'll be very interested. If you'd like to PM me with your true identities he'll have a better idea of who you are  :) .... thanks all for your posts.
  • What a lovely fella your dad is. I loved meeting and interviewing him pitchside. Please pass on my thanks to him for him being a great interviewee. 

• Thanks bc_addick.... all messages are being passed on to Dad but you and everyone else who spoke to Dad on Saturday made the day very special for him....and the rest of the family who were there. He's written a letter to the club expressing his thanks and i hope you all get to see it.
  • Apologies for posting a slightly random thread..... my 92 year old Dad, 83 years a fan, was the 'Pride of the Valley' on Saturday and received a signed shirt before being interviewed on the pitch before the game. In addition Dad enjoyed meeting several players past and present. My brothers and I enjoyed seeing the old man have such a great day so much that we all forgot to buy programs for ourselves. The program has an article about Dad in the 'Fan in focus' section and we would all dearly love to have a copy each. So, to the point.... having been unsuccessful with requests to the club (so far) i was wondering if any of you on here have a spare or unwanted copy. We're looking for 7 and i would be extremely grateful if those of you who have a spare to pm me. Bit long winded this but thanks for reading.....cheers all.
    The matchday programme for the visit of West Bromwich Albion was a takeover special and the best-selling of the season, so far. Supporters who missed out on picking up their copy can purchase online by clicking here.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e208cb79a079/he-tahnoon-it-is-an-adventure-i-want-to-last-for-many-years
  • Sponsored links:

• Excellent, thanks for the link....