Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Very good read. Great work!
  • Good Interview and a lot of take out of it.

The museum bit is the most important, obviously.

On Meeting with fans groups on 24th the email went out at 03.54 this morning and @killerjerrylee and @wwtone will be there for Bromley Addicks.

So have they not bought the Valley either?  Seems to read that way.

• Good Interview and a lot of take out of it.

The museum bit is the most important, obviously.

On Meeting with fans groups on 24th the email went out at 03.54 this morning and @killerjerrylee and @wwtone will be there for Bromley Addicks.

So have they not bought the Valley either?  Seems to read that way.

Which contradicts what was in the SLP and press conference.  But makes more sense because they would have trouble breaking up the "holdings" company. 
  • While on the subject of the takeover, I ask Southall to clarify the structure of the deal. He confirms that ESI now own Charlton Athletic Football Club Limited and have a “legal obligation” within the next six months to complete the purchase of Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited, where the freehold of both the training ground and The Valley sit as assets.

oh dear ...

• thank you, interesting and worrying
  • I spose the ideal scenario would've been if ESI completed the take-over, lock stock and barrel at the beginning of November, tied Bowyer etc down with nice long contracts and entered the transfer window, cash on the hip ready to go. What happened isn't the ideal scenario, it's Charlton.

Hopefully, after 6 months, the issue regarding the bricks and mortar is sorted, but people are also concerned about management contracts and buying players before the end of this window too 🤷‍♂️
  • Even compares club purchase with home buying - Charltonised already  :)
  • It’s a good article, but I still worry about the separation, I may give myself an obligation to purchase a season ticket in 6-months....
  • Great interview. Surely if there is a legal obligation to purchase Charlton Athletic Holdings there isn’t much to worry about on that score. 
  • Did he discuss signing Alan Simonsen?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's subject to approval of planning permission to turn both into flats
  • Enjoyed reading that 
  • Marman Limited welcomes you to Charlton Athletic.........used to be the writing on top of the main stand when Hulyer bought the club, but not the ground - therein lay the seeds of leaving the Valley
  • edited January 2020
    So they've bought the club, one can assume for £0 (as Roland said it was free, he was only charging fir assets) and have made a 'promise to pay' £50 million (allegedly) for the assets in 6 months. We better hope we survive and don't get relegated then..... 

For a group who know our history seems a very 'strange' situation potentially making us homeless once again 
  • scruffle said:
    So they've bought the club, one can assume for £0 (as Roland said it was free, he was only charging fir assets) and have made a 'promise to pay' £50 million (allegedly) for the assets in 6 months. We better hope we survive and don't get relegated then..... 

For a group who know our history seems a very 'strange' situation potentially making us homeless once again 
    Shades of Hulyer - from memory he paid jack all for the club, but took on all the overheads and a thumping great lease to use the Valley - his failure to pay the bills saw us end up bankrupt - I will have to check Rick’s book, but I am sure one of the parties who were owed money and thus pushed matters to high court was Glikstein for unpaid rent
  • Glad he has mentioned his best friend because I nearly let it out the bag a few weeks ago :smile:
  • Is it ‘purchase the valley’ or is it ‘to complete the purchase’ aka they pretty much already have 
  • So if I read correctly, as it stands they are in ‘Mark Goldberg territory’ (with Noades still owning Selhurst) and them just owning the ‘football club with no fixed assets’?

If that’s the case, anyone with any knowledge around these attached legal obligations? Does there mean there is a fixed agreement of price to be completed within a certain timeline?

What happens if that doesn’t get met? 
  • Sponsored links:

• So if I read correctly, as it stands they are in ‘Mark Goldberg territory’ (with Noades still owning Selhurst) and them just owning the ‘football club with no fixed assets’?

If that’s the case, anyone with any knowledge around these attached legal obligations? Does there mean there is a fixed agreement of price to be completed within a certain timeline?

We pay rent to Uncle Rolly or he chucks us out
  • Maybe the delay from the EFL was around the money being there to complete the purchase. Positively the EFL signed it off.
  • No wish to piss on my own chips or anyone else’s, but there are some things coming out now which worry me a great deal
  • Maybe the delay from the EFL was around the money being there to complete the purchase. Positively the EFL signed it off.
    The same EFL who were on the look out for Bury I assume you mean
  • Well done on a fantastic piece, Weegie ! 

Like others, I'm taken aback by the ownership of The Valley news but I await the further thoughts of those far more knowledgeable about such things. 

Currently, burying my head in the sand....again. 
  • They did take ages though
  • Is this the ‘strange’ thing Bowyer was talking about? 

Still hoping it'll all get completed within the next 6 months and it was all down to what MS said initially, regarding getting control of the footballing side of things before January.

As it stands, worst case scenario is that MS has lied. But I still can't understand why he would do so knowing full well that it was all going out on public domain?  
  • Could this be the "Strange" thing Bowyer mentioned?
  • Bowyer said it was strange.
    He was right, as usual.