Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clean Sheets 2019/2020 Season

A few questions have been raised, as to how good our defence is in this division.

Last season our defence was rock solid (playoffs apart) it’s a big step up this season, and we are up against better attacking players.

I think we’ve had a cracking start to the season, but am longing for us to get into a groove of having clean sheets game after game.

Im just wondering who our first clean sheet will be against this season, in the league ( I’ve got no idea) and how many clean sheets we kept last season / how many we normally keep in a season?

I’m predicting 12 clean sheets for the season.

Comments

• Options
    Took four games to keep a clean sheet last season

Even then we only kept seven up until January
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Clean  sheets are for monks. 

In all other cases as long as you score more goals than you let in then you're fine.
  • Options
    1st clean sheet. 
    Forest tonight. 
    You heard it here first. 
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    In my opinion, you can’t get out of this division (upwardly) playing rock and roll football , clean sheets are a necessity for success, but we’re doing all right at the moment! 

More points at the moment than Barnsley and Luton we’ve had a decent start, but need to try and keep it going as long as possible.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
  • Options
    I wash mine every two weeks.
  • Options
    Reading.
  • Options

It was at that point that Phillips came in - and we had a more settled defence from then on
  • Options

It was at that point that Phillips came in - and we had a more settled defence from then on
    It was Purrington coming in that made the big difference. Dillon was excellent, but no better than Steer really
  • Options

It was Purrington coming in that made the big difference. Dillon was excellent, but no better than Steer really
    Yeah you have to remember that Phillips started the season and only kept the one clean sheet before being replaced by Steer
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I don't know if anyone on here has got either got the info they can copy and paste on here ( i haven't got the time at the moment) but i would love to know how many clean sheets we've kept in the last 10 years, (home and away) how many points we got and what our final league position was ( real anorack / train spotting stuff i know)  i just find this kinda stuff interesting, at least it show what you've got to aim for if you want to be successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I don't know if anyone on here has got either got the info they can copy and paste on here ( i haven't got the time at the moment) but i would love to know how many clean sheets we've kept in the last 10 years, (home and away) how many points we got and what our final league position was ( real anorack / train spotting stuff i know)  i just find this kinda stuff interesting, at least it show what you've got to aim for if you want to be successful.
    Statto is a good website for that sort of thing - Only covers up to 2016/17 season though

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/charlton-athletic/

Edit: Sadly only gives last season as the rest of the yearly stats arent working
  • Options
    I thought this thread was gonna be for incontinence advice....
  • Options
    Yay, first one of the season!
  • Options
    About bloody time... Defence has deserved it for a while

Knew it would happen today though, said above that it took four games last season before getting one
  • Options
    2 down, fought like tigers today.
  • Options
    Just wondered how many we’ve kept this season, and when was the last time we kept a clean sheet?
  • Options
    Surely it wasn’t the 3-0 win v Derby?
  • Options
    Just wondered how many we’ve kept this season, and when was the last time we kept a clean sheet?
    how many - look at the statbank
    last one - Derby H
  • Options
    Phillips out....

Bring in ..... Hmmmmm?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 3-0 win v Derby was 16 matches ago!
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Phillips out....

Bring in ..... Hmmmmm?
    Philips has been one of our best, if not best players, surely we need to bring in quality defenders?
  • Options
    Reading and Brentford come to mind but cant remember any more
  • Options
    Leeds 
  • Options
    Reading and Brentford come to mind but cant remember any more
    You’re right, that was back in August!
  • Options
    Just added them up 4 clean sheets in 27 matches.
  • Options
    BR3red said:
    Phillips out....

Bring in ..... Hmmmmm?
    Philips has been one of our best, if not best players, surely we need to bring in quality defenders?
    I was joking - Phillips has been a hero
  • Options
    Luton: 1 clean sheet (3-0 against Bristol City).
    Barnsley: 3 (1-0 against Fulham and two 0-0s against Wigan and Swansea).
    Wigan: 5 (2-0 over us, 0-0 Barnsley and Blackburn ,1-0 against Birmingham and Forest)
  • Options
    Our last 0-0 in the league was on the 16th of March against Bristol Rovers
  • Options
    Another one last night, how many is that for the season?