Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crowd today?

Sorry if this has already been posted else where , what was the crowd figure?

Comments

• Attendance: 19,720 (3,154 from West Brom) 
  • 19,720 with 3,154 away fans, (according to the football app on my phone).
  • That’s not too shabby.
  • I think 20K is just about in the decent zone, any less would have been disappointing. Hopefully will be even bigger at Barnsley with the free ticket offer and some of those fans will come back. 
  • se9addick said:
    I think 20K is just about in the decent zone, any less would have been disappointing. Hopefully will be even bigger at Barnsley with the free ticket offer and some of those fans will come back. 
    Plus more time to promote the game

They've only really had a few days to push ticket sales for today
  • I e seen crowd figures before where I think many were absent. Today from NWQ I’d say that both upper and lower north were full, west was fuller than I can remember and pretty much everyone who has a ticket was there. 

Probably over 18k actually present.

Thank you Lee, JJ, Matt and HE, it’s good we have our Charlton back. 
  • Did it sound loud in the rest of the stadium? I sit in the NU and it normally sounds loud most games so hard to get perspective. 

Surprised how quiet West Brom were most of the game, if you were riding high at the top of the league I think we would create a much better atmosphere away from home. 
  • When we are in NU i watch how far the chants run down east and west stands and today it was a long way. That’s then proper loud. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I e seen crowd figures before where I think many were absent. Today from NWQ I’d say that both upper and lower north were full, west was fuller than I can remember and pretty much everyone who has a ticket was there. 

Probably over 18k actually present.

Thank you Lee, JJ, Matt and HE, it’s good we have our Charlton back. 
    I did and I wasnt....
  • Thought the baggies were pretty decent, numbers and noise. Esp after bringing 2k last week.
  • I'm normally in NU and barely hear away fans. Today, thanks to a lucky Valley Gold draw, I was in the Exec Box seats on halfway in East Stand. Hate to say it,  but on several occasions West Brom were louder. Great effort,  esp with drums, but acoustics not always in our favour. 
  • NugNug
    edited January 2020
    se9addick said:
    Did it sound loud in the rest of the stadium? I sit in the NU and it normally sounds loud most games so hard to get perspective. 

Surprised how quiet West Brom were most of the game, if you were riding high at the top of the league I think we would create a much better atmosphere away from home. 
    Baggies were pretty loud, atmosphere from both ends was good. Our goals definitely deflated them where as their goals didn't seem to affect our noise. Didn't get the keeping of the ball by them though, and noticed on the highlights a player of theirs actually throwing the ball into the crowd before the corner when we scored the goal. No idea why he did that, never seen that before.
  • se9addick said:
    I think 20K is just about in the decent zone, any less would have been disappointing. Hopefully will be even bigger at Barnsley with the free ticket offer and some of those fans will come back. 
    Likely to be lower given that Barnsley probably won’t bring more than 2,000 
  • Nug said:
    se9addick said:
    Did it sound loud in the rest of the stadium? I sit in the NU and it normally sounds loud most games so hard to get perspective. 

Baggies were pretty loud, atmosphere from both ends was good. Our goals definitely deflated them where as their goals didn't seem to affect our noise. Didn't get the keeping of the ball by them though, and noticed on the highlights a player of theirs actually throwing the ball into the crowd before the corner when we scored the goal. No idea why he did that, never seen that before.
    It was weird. Our second goal came after their fans had mucked around keeping the ball too. 
  • Bearing in mind Millwall ain't had 21,000 for 30 years. 
  • I sit in Covered End lower, there is practically a row behind me and 6 seats in my row always empty yet always show as sold out and has been all season.  Annoying as mate came today and couldn't get one near me as all shown sold out so he had to slum in in the west with the rif raff.
  • With no concessions, one win in 14 games, a 16,000 plus home turn out is bloody good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bearing in mind Millwall ain't had 21,000 for 30 years. 
    Yeah but they're just a shit club all round
  • se9addick said:
    Surprised if they bring more than about 800.
  • se9addick said:

I was in West Stand block L. West Brom were very loud, I thought. 
  • If the 'feel good factor' returns to the club and the fans, especially if/when we get our players back from injury and results pick up, it can surely only be a matter of time before the end blocks in the East and West stands are re-opened to satisfy demand for seats.
  • If the 'feel good factor' returns to the club and the fans, especially if/when we get our players back from injury and results pick up, it can surely only be a matter of time before the end blocks in the East and West stands are re-opened to satisfy demand for seats.
    West block H was open today.
  • se9addick said:
    Season ticket holders of Barnsley can bring a friend for free.
  • edited January 2020
    se9addick said:
    That’s a bit daft, given it means half the away fans don’t need to pay. It’s a better offer for them than us.

Unless the rules have changed it’s not necessary either.
  • se9addick said:
    That’s a bit daft, given it means half the away fans don’t need to pay. It’s a better offer for them than us.

How to win friends and influence people...... 
  • se9addick said:

You mean the ones that have season tickets