Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

West Bromich Albion v Charlton | Sat 11 Jan | 15:00pm KO | Match Thread 11/01/2020

Comments

• Charlton: Phillips, Matthews, Oshilaja, Lockyer, Gallagher, Pratley (c), Green, Sarr, Dempsey, Davison, Doughty

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Purrington, Pearce, Williams, Forster-Caskey, Morgan, Hemed
  • 4-5-1 I assume .  Looks very average; can’t understand Dempsey over Albie 
  • WBA: Johnstone, Furlong, Bartley, Ajayi, Townsend, Livermore (c), Sawyers, Phillips, Pereira, Robson-Kanu, Zohore Subs: Bond, Hegazi, Brunt, Krovinovic, Edwards, Diangana, Austin
  • Surprises Dempsey is staring not Morgan.  The bench looks much stronger than a few weeks ago.  
  • Deji left back or Sarr?
  • wmcf123 said:
    4-5-1 I assume .  Looks very average; can’t understand Dempsey over Albie 
    Could be, or 532 or 541 or 433, or 4321.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Four changes and Andre Green makes his league debut.

• Against arguably the best team in the championship. 
    We look really week.

• I don't like the new line up gif. Preferred the Hummel branded one with out kit colors.

#SouthallOut
  • It could be 352 I guess

Lockyer, Pratley, Sarr

Mathews, Oshilaja, Dempsey, Gallagher, Doughty

Green, Davison
  • We played 4-5-1 against them last week

Wouldnt be surprised to see it again, Sarr and Doughty down the left - Green and Matthews down the right in support of Davison
  • Deji left back or Sarr?
    Doughty as wing back?
  • wmcf123 said:
    It could be 352 I guess

Lockyer, Pratley, Sarr

Mathews, Oshilaja, Dempsey, Gallagher, Doughty

Green, Davison
    Really hope Pratley and Oshilaja are in their proper positions. 
  • We played 4-5-1 against them last week

Wouldnt be surprised to see it again, Sarr and Doughty down the left - Green and Matthews down the right in support of Davison
    Can’t imagine why Sarr would be left back when Purrington has his best ever game against Swansea 
  • Sponsored links:

• Phillips
    Lockyer | Oshilaja | Sarr
    Matthews                            Doughty
    Gallagher | Pratley | Dempsey
    Green | Davison

Hope Pratley brought his running boots.
  • Gallagher must be due a goal.
  • Hope we get a Lockey/Oshilaja partnership at some point. Do think that could solve a few of our problems.
  • edited January 2020
    Whoever edited the thread title has put WBA at home! Tut tut @i_b_b_o_r_g can you look into it please?
  • SDAddick said:
    I don't like the new line up gif. Preferred the Hummel branded one with out kit colors.

#SouthallOut
    It's an mp4 not a gif. #SDAddickOutFirst
  • wmcf123 said:
    We played 4-5-1 against them last week

Can’t imagine why Sarr would be left back when Purrington has his best ever game against Swansea 
    No very true... Unless Bowyer has seen something to exploit from watching West Brom's games - Might even prefer Sarr's height out there for whatever reason
  • edited January 2020
    Charlton: Phillips, Matthews, Oshilaja, Lockyer, Gallagher, Pratley (c), Green, Sarr, Dempsey, Davison, Doughty

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Purrington, Pearce, Williams, Forster-Caskey, Morgan, Hemed
    ............................ Phillips 
    Matthews Lockyer Pratley Sarr Doughty 
    ............. .. Dempsey Deji Gallagher
    .................. Green Davison 

That would be my guess. Green might be playing behind Davison, creating a midfield diamond.

I also don't understand Albie not starting. I thought he looked very good at the base of the midfield last weekend, and really made an impact. The only thing I can really think of is Dempsey provides more physicality, but with three CBs and Deji in midfield, we need creativity in midfield. 

Also, Green was clearly signed to be a Winger/Striker. Don't know how much he's played up front though, so will be interesting to see. Definitely has a lot of talent, and has been highly regarded for a while.

Lastly, could see Deji in defense and Pratley in midfield, but I think Pratley has looked better at CB than CM, and the inverse for Deji, who is better on the ball than Pratley.

Bloody brilliant to see JFC on the bench. We have desperately missed a midfielder like him and Cullen. I think Cullen starts training next week as well. It's worth remembering that the season before last JFC was brilliant, scrappy in midfield and good on the ball. Was unlucky at the start of the season. Can't wait to see him back in midfield. 

Also, I still think Hemed has a lot to give, we just need him fit. He is proven at this level. And Jonny Williams is Jonny Williams. There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel finally. 
  • Sky predict this line up 
  • Hope it’s not our usual start after a break where we look as rusty as old boots, and go one down early doors. 
  • Are we playing at the Hawthorns or..?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!