Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Goes against what Matt was saying in the Interview the other day but we'll see. The last line of the below is a bit more positive and Bowyers point is a fair one, without him signed up it will make signing the right players tricky. 

The Valley manager said: “I want to put it to bed. Everyone knows I want to be at the club.
    “I want Matt and my agent Rob Segal – who is coming to the West Brom home game tomorrow – to put a contract together this weekend.
    “There is no reason why they can’t. They are both in the same place.
    “Matt has told me that is what they will do.
  • No concerns

Bowyer wants to sign players yet players wont sign because there is Managerial uncertainties - Bowyer and Southall appear to be acting quickly on this to sort out his future so the question doesnt get asked during player negotiatans again
  • ‘Demands’ ... That’s gonna end well, isn’t it
  • Doesn’t sound like Bowyers MO to me. He didn’t even press hard for a contract under the Belgian idiot. If there is truth in this then perhaps the dynamic between Lee and Matt might not be quite as positive as we first thought and hoped.
  • Doesn’t sound like Bowyers MO to me. He didn’t even press hard for a contract under the Belgian idiot. If there is truth in this then perhaps the dynamic between Lee and Matt might not be quite as positive as we first thought and hoped.
    Some may call it a "strange" dynamic.
  • No need to overreact - at this stage, at least. I hate headlines that say 'demand' which is swiftly followed by the opening sentence of the article which is altogether lighter - Charlton manager Lee Bowyer wants his contract sorted this weekend.

Let's just wait and see.
     That's Cawley for you these days.
    Right little drama queen.

(I assume he wrote it?)
  • No need to overreact - at this stage, at least. I hate headlines that say 'demand' which is swiftly followed by the opening sentence of the article which is altogether lighter - Charlton manager Lee Bowyer wants his contract sorted this weekend.

Let's just wait and see.
     That's Cawley for you these days.
    Right little drama queen.

(I assume he wrote it?)
    You only have to click the link to confirm he didnt
     My bad. Peas in a pod those two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer didn't write the headline, lets see what happens, press conference today at SL and Southall's at the Valley later 
  • Honeymoon over in 5,4,3.....
  • Wouldn't class it as a demand and wouldn't say there's cracks appearing. 

Matt had an idea (thinking it would be in the best interest to focus on transfers), Bows realised it's not best for the future of the club (not being able to sign the right players) and Matt's realised his mistake and is rectifying it (meeting this weekend to sort out a contract). 

If anything it's a good dynamic as they're both new at this and listening to eachothers problems and finding solutions. 
     So did Bowyers agent agree with the original stance or not?
  • edited January 2020
    Well, we aren't playing WBA tomorrow for a start so that's one fact wrong in that article, so who knows how many more...??

However, I did say on the MS interview thread that the ESI tenure hasn't started well as they said weeks ago that the first thing they wanted to do is to sort out LB's contract......and then in his interview said after the transfer window shuts.

Out of frying pan into the fire.

• might have been written for a Friday edition I guess
  • Sponsored links:

• MS "I will have to make decisions that they fans won't like............... but I will then explain why"....... or something to that effect.
    Well this next couple of weeks will certainly be interesting.
  • To be fair to ESI it made sense to sort Bowyer's contract out once the window closed - It meant that they could all focus on bringing in players as there is a deadline of 31st January that has to be met before we cant do that anymore

Worst case scenario we had until the summer to sort out his Contract

This player though has just thrown a spanner in their plans and has made everyone realise its not going to be as simple as that!!

Should ESI / Bowyer have thought of that before now? - Yes!!...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I said after the interview that I was okay with Southall making mistakes provided he explain them and that they're learnt from, after all he's not going to be perfect as he's a young man coming into a role he's never done before
  • Sounds like a clickbait story invented by the media. The words used do not sound like those  that Bowyer uses. Obviously he will want his contract sorted but equally will have better long term relations with new owners if he doesnt contradict statements they have made. He didnt do this under the evil Belgium empire why start today. 
  • Never dull being a Charlton fan is it. 
  • Think there's a bit of an OTT reaction going on due to the clickbait headline.

ESI have stated previously they want to tie Bowyer to a new deal as a priority.

Matt Southall then says in his interview they'll discuss it after the January window. Pretty sure this is coming from Bowyer and probably because a player he wants to sign wants reassurance Bowyer will be here long term.

Also pretty sure there was a similar sound bite made last year about Bowyer wanting to get the January window done before discussing a new contract with RD.

Bowyer says ESI want the deal to happen so hopefully we'll have some good news come Monday morning. Not confident we'll have 2 new players for Saturday as this was probably from 1 of the 2 if it's led to Bowyer speaking out.

• The new owners are forming relationships with incumbent personnel under extremely stressful circumstances, not least because of the ticking clock. There seems to be no shortage of genuine goodwill to get things moving. Time Will Tell takes over from It Is What It Is ....

• If this was from a sports reporter rather than Toby Porter, contibuter to muck raker, and without many sports news stories to his name, it might have some credence.
  • Well, we aren't playing WBA tomorrow for a start so that's one fact wrong in that article, so who knows how many more...??

However, I did say on the MS interview thread that the ESI tenure hasn't started well as they said weeks ago that the first thing they wanted to do is to sort out LB's contract......and then in his interview said after the transfer window shuts.

Out of frying pan into the fire.

You could, i dunno, wait to see what happens.....
    But where is the fun in that?