Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who owns the Valley? - The Ownership Thread

edited January 2020 in General Charlton
Do we have a definitive, clear, unambiguous answer to this yet?

Comments

• HE Tahoon Nimer, seeing as he is the majority shareholder of ESI, who own Charlton Athletic Football Club
  • Panorama Magic General Contracting L.L.C. owns more than 50% but less than 75% of the shares of East Street Investments Limited. Mr Matthew Southall owns more than 25% but less than 50% of the shares of East Street Investments Limited.

However there is no indication that either Roland Duchatelet or Richard Alan Murray Obodynski have resigned as directors of Baton 2010 Limited the Company that contains the Freehold and Leasehold Properties of the Group.

Anyone got access to HM Land Registry?
  • No change for Baton, Football club or holdings at companies House as of yet. 
  • didn’t the king of Cardigans @Henry Irving say that contracts were being exchanged today on the transaction?  
  • sam3110 said:
    HE Tahoon Nimer, seeing as he is the majority shareholder of ESI, who own Charlton Athletic Football Club
    Thanks.  Just for a bit of further clarification, does "Charlton Athletic Football Club" own the Valley, or is the freehold of the ground still owned by Baton? 
  • Rothko said:
    didn’t the king of Cardigans @Henry Irving say that contracts were being exchanged today on the transaction?  
    Et tu Brutus
  • Rothko said:
    didn’t the king of Cardigans @Henry Irving say that contracts were being exchanged today on the transaction?  
    Was that with regards to Baton, the club, the Valley or anything (or everything) else?
  • LenGlover said:
    Panorama Magic General Contracting L.L.C. owns more than 50% but less than 75% of the shares of East Street Investments Limited. Mr Matthew Southall owns more than 25% but less than 50% of the shares of East Street Investments Limited.

However there is no indication that either Roland Duchatelet or Richard Alan Murray Obodynski have resigned as directors of Baton 2010 Limited the Company that contains the Freehold and Leasehold Properties of the Group.

So, does that mean the ground is still owned by Duchatelet (and Murray)?  Or is it just a case of the paperwork not catching up with the current facts yet?
  • Chizz said:
    LenGlover said:
    Panorama Magic General Contracting L.L.C. owns more than 50% but less than 75% of the shares of East Street Investments Limited. Mr Matthew Southall owns more than 25% but less than 50% of the shares of East Street Investments Limited.

So, does that mean the ground is still owned by Duchatelet (and Murray)?  Or is it just a case of the paperwork not catching up with the current facts yet?
    Don't know hence my question re HM Land Registry.

One hopes it is as simple as 'the paperwork not catching up' given that the share details I posted above re East Street Investments Limited only hit the Companies House website yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    Et tu Brutus
    Brute
  • Baton own the valley and training ground if I'm right....and that is still owned by the Belgian bin dipper until we know better. 
  • edited January 2020
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    HE Tahoon Nimer, seeing as he is the majority shareholder of ESI, who own Charlton Athletic Football Club
    Thanks.  Just for a bit of further clarification, does "Charlton Athletic Football Club" own the Valley, or is the freehold of the ground still owned by Baton? 
    As I understand it:

Charlton Athletic Holdings owns the Valley and Sparrows Lane.

Charlton Athletic Football Company deals with the football operations.

Baton 2010 owns both those.companies.

Therefore, own Baton you own the lot.
  • rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    As I understand it: Charlton Athletic Holdings owns the Valley and Sparrows Lane. Charlton Athletic Football Company deals with the football operations. Baton 2010 owns both those.companies. Therefore, own Baton you own the lot.
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?
  • Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    As I understand it: Charlton Athletic Holdings owns the Valley and Sparrows Lane. Charlton Athletic Football Company deals with the football operations. Baton 2010 owns both those.companies. Therefore, own Baton you own the lot.
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?
    Bingo
  • Who owns the Baton Ball? 😉
  • Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?
    According to Companies House it's still Duchatelet, but that will probably be paperwork lagging the sale.

Baton exists to facilitate changes of ownership. 
  • Really need to hear it's  L,S and two smokin  barrels. 
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?
    According to Companies House it's still Duchatelet, but that will probably be paperwork lagging the sale.

I'm not sure that there will be any obvious paperwork indicating the change of ownership until such time as the next Baton 2010 Ltd accounts or Confirmation Statement are due.

The best indicator in the meantime will be Duchatelet and Murray resigning as directors which has not happened as yet.

The other alternative is via HM Land Registry if anyone has access.
  • Chizz wuming at his best.
    Ignore 
    Douchbag now owns fuck all of Charlton 
  • LenGlover said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?

I'm not sure that there will be any obvious paperwork indicating the change of ownership until such time as the next Baton 2010 Ltd accounts or Confirmation Statement are due.

The best indicator in the meantime will be Duchatelet and Murray resigning as directors which has not happened as yet.

I'd think the resignations and appointment of new directors will happen soon enough, and probably the changes in persons of significant control. Not sure if they can wait for confirmation statements or not - I've personally made one change to my company's shareholding through the confirmation statement but the other items weren't affected. 
  • edited January 2020
    LenGlover said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?

Having just checked on the LR nothing has changed nor the charges for former director loans  

plus, why nothing from the EFL announcing its completion all very odd
  • rikofold said:
    LenGlover said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?

I'd think the resignations and appointment of new directors will happen soon enough, and probably the changes in persons of significant control. Not sure if they can wait for confirmation statements or not - I've personally made one change to my company's shareholding through the confirmation statement but the other items weren't affected. 
    The confirmation statement is due in just over a month...... 
  • LenGlover said:
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    LenGlover said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    rikofold said:
    Chizz said:
    sam3110 said:
    Thank you. 

Who owns Baton 2010?

Having just checked on the LR nothing has changed nor the charges for former director loans  

plus, why nothing from the EFL announcing its completion all very odd
    I suspect that the money has not yet changed hands hence the delay.

They wouldn't pay £60m as reported yet not purchase the ground and training ground.
    This is what concerns me. We assume they've paid c£60m, we assume they own the ground and we assume they own Sparrows Lane. But nothing official - either government documents or EFL statements - confirm any of that. 
  • I imagine @Airman Brown would know the finer detail on this.
  • Despite being a worrier, even I can't imagine our new owners wanting anything to do with small fry Roland. I'm sure they own the whole lot.