Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland Departure - Date Prediction

Comments

• edited November 2019
    ross1 said:
    Has the departure date been announced yet, I thought we were still waiting for the EFL to agree?
  • edited November 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    Prize is a copy of The Jimmy Seed Story, or the rarer 'Soccer From The Inside', with a dedication mentioning the takeover. It's the date of the sale, which might differ from the date of the announcement. 
    @Ollywozere - you had a point!)

Ah..... this is awkward. The club have welcomed new owners, so I thought the sale had been done. 
    The statement on the OS states 'We are privileged to take ownership of such an historic club and it is incredibly exciting to be part of the process of building a fresh future for the fans, loyal club staff and players of Charlton Athletic.
    While we may be the club owners, truly we are only the custodians.'
    But if they fail the EFL directors test then I guess the sale will be on hold? I may have jumped the gun slightly here, and if I have then there'll be two prizes, one for the announcement date, the other for the official sale date, if different.

• JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Prize is a copy of The Jimmy Seed Story, or the rarer 'Soccer From The Inside', with a dedication mentioning the takeover. It's the date of the sale, which might differ from the date of the announcement. 

Ah..... this is awkward. The club have welcomed new owners, so I thought the sale had been done. 
    The statement on the OS states 'We are privileged to take ownership of such an historic club and it is incredibly exciting to be part of the process of building a fresh future for the fans, loyal club staff and players of Charlton Athletic.
    But if they fail the EFL directors test then I guess the sale will be on hold? I may have jumped the gun slightly here, and if I have then there'll be two prizes, one for the announcement date, the other for the official sale date, if different.

If Roland got through EFL approval then???
    if they don’t then I’ll present the book to the next winner 😂 Fancy that Jim?
  • CafcSCP said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

If Roland got through EFL approval then???
    if they don’t then I’ll present the book to the next winner 😂 Fancy that Jim?
    No need to Paul. If the EFL cause a delay I can offer a prize for the closest to the official date. Two winners!
  • Great example of the selflessness of Charlton fans from both cafcscp and js!
  • I’m getting itchy.  You don’t think we should re-open this thread by any chance do you?
  • 23rd december
  • edited December 2019
    Not a scooby... but can I choose the method of his leaving?

• 27th 😉
  • 08/01/20 @Alwaysneil

06/01/21 @Scoham

04/01/22 @PopIcon

20/03/20 @N01R4M

06/01/21 @CH4RLTON 

I haven’t checked this 100%, but I think these are the remaining guesses made before the announcement on the official site a few weeks ago.

Not taking any predictions made after that announcement.

• Sponsored links:

• What about when the deal’s actually done and dusted.

That will be the moment to actually bring out he champagne (and James’ prize)
  • edited December 2019
    What about when the deal’s actually done and dusted.

That will be the moment to actually bring out he champagne (and James’ prize)
    So as the EFL approval of the Sale seems to be imminent, I could accept predictions from now, if anyone wants to make one?

I’ll start with my prediction of 31st December 2019 
  • Monday the 30th December 2019
  • 01/06/2020
  • cafc_will said:
    Monday the 30th December 2019
    Unlucky. My 31/12/19 also down :-(
  • 1/1/20
    Good luck 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• 08/01/2020
  • Can’t have that one mate, it’s my birthday and I claimed it months ago when the Aussie takeover wasn’t quite as imminent as we thought. 

• Can’t have that one mate, it’s my birthday and I claimed it months ago when the Aussie takeover wasn’t quite as imminent as we thought. 

Sorry @s@sarge1g  

'08/01/20 @Alwaysneil

06/01/21 @Scoham

04/01/22 @PopIcon

20/03/20 @N01R4M

06/01/21 @CH4RLTON'

• JamesSeed said:
    Can’t have that one mate, it’s my birthday and I claimed it months ago when the Aussie takeover wasn’t quite as imminent as we thought. 

Sorry @s@sarge1g  

'08/01/20 @Alwaysneil

06/01/21 @Scoham

04/01/22 @PopIcon

20/03/20 @N01R4M

06/01/21 @CH4RLTON'

Oh dear, not one right
  • Numbers said:
    2/1/20
    Numbers predicted today?
  • Numbers said:
    2/1/20
    Numbers predicted today?
    Says December 2019 on his post. 
  • LenGlover said:
    Numbers said:
    2/1/20
    Numbers predicted today?
    The one 9 posts above posted in December 2019 says " 2/1/20"
  • LenGlover said:
    Numbers said:
    2/1/20
    Numbers predicted today?
    Sorry Len have I made a mistake about the rules. If 2020 predictions need to be made in 2020 ignore me.
  • LenGlover said:
    Numbers said:
    2/1/20
    Numbers predicted today?
    The one 9 posts above posted in December 2019 says " 2/1/20"
    We are at cross purposes!

I thought intially that you were suggesting Numbers made his prediction of today today rather than in December 2019.

Yes Numbers got it right back in December.

Well done!