Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trainers

For all you people that are into fashion,just being reading a book on trainers over 300 classics from the rare vintage to the latest designs.Also some good chapters on the football casual scene from the late 70s and 80s.The book is by a chap called Neal Heard and its quite simply called Trainers

Comments

• you should edit the category to non charlton related. :-)
    i found the link.

trainers
  • Really sorry i will remember that next time
  • good work on the book tavern, i'll look that up.
  • i see trainers as a complete waste of cash nowadays.

Soon as i need a new pair it will be straight down Soccer World for a 70% off pair of Reeboks....
  • i've got a pair of Dunlop Green flash on at the moment, and they're the nuts.

Trainers are good Afka, more fun then normal shoes
  • ha me too i got a 70% off pair in sportsworld the other week.
  • original gazelles, 80 sheets.
  • For me the best in this book are Trimm Trab,forest hills and stan smiths and sl76 have all these apart from trimm trab that iam going to get
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]i've got a pair of Dunlop Green flash on at the moment, and they're the nuts.

Nice work Rothers, quality trainers.

[cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]original gazelles, 80 sheets.

Ha my Mrs bought me a pair of blue gazelle originals for crimbo, they are thee muts nuts.

Although show me forest hills anyday, they are the single most coolest amazingest trainers init, tav i make you right dood
  • I still think K-Swiss are better than Stan Smith's

A change is as good as a rest anyways!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I still think K-Swiss are better than Stan Smith's

A change is as good as a rest anyways!!! ;-)

you loser ;-) (winky thing)
  • I want a pair of old skool Golas, but having a mare getting them
  • adidas-jeans-blu.jpgWhat about these?
  • Last pair I bought was some Green Puma States from Ashford Retail Park Half Price £30 !
  • Adidas Jeans are well up there Rothko
  • dood they are cool

I aint sure, but the other day rothko i was in this wierd shop in nuxley village, its like a brick a brac shop, had stuff like cuttlery crockery towells wicker baskets and the likes, and they ghad a massive selection of golas! try it man!
  • I had Dunlop Green Flash first time around, in the 70s...got them from Woolies (along with the rest of my school uniform) and used them for PE...all you Johnny Come Latelys ;-)

Have always been in to trainers until bought my first pair of shoes this year, aged 36 (other than school shoes when a kid - in which case it was clarks commandos) - now don't think that you can beat a decent pair of brown brogues..preferably from Jeffrey West.
  • cool O, I might have a ride over there on Saturday
  • [cite]Posted By: 04 MCS[/cite]dood they are cool

I aint sure, but the other day rothko i was in this wierd shop in nuxley village, its like a brick a brac shop, had stuff like cuttlery crockery towells wicker baskets and the likes, and they ghad a massive selection of golas! try it man!

It's OK to say you were in Oxfam Ollie, honest !
  • unbeatable (i have them in maroon). even the six million dollar man wore them.

steve austin
  • Sponsored links:

• Good colour les_says but do like the blue version as well
  • MCSMCS
    edited January 2007
    Charlie, when i was 7 my bro (morts_genius who posts here soemtimes) got me diadora Borg Elite, and the bigger boys at skool used to slate them! Lucky i didnt give a rumours about it or it would of messed me up! Broad shoulders me! lol so i understand you johnnie come lately trainer breakers!

Yes very droll stone!
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Good colour les_says but do like the blue version as well

that is blue.
  • am95.jpg

These are the best trainers, end of, go with everything, last forever, comfy as anything.
  • who wears these then?
  • Gazelles were worn by Take That the first time around so they are definately cool !
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Gazelles were worn by Take That the first time around so they are definately cool !

I am ignoreing that!

Rothko thoise nike things are minging
  • Your wrong Ketman, so wrong
  • Rothko,

I like my trainers but they are awful. The only thing they would look good in is a coffin.

The first Adidas ones were ok, prefer white trainers myself. My Stan Smiths are fooked but I'll still wear them for the next 3 years.
  • yeah good call that tavern i'v read it very decent read.
    personal favourites for me are always going to be adidas: gazelles, forest hill, munchen, trimm trab etc etc