Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hermes Delivery

Anyone else been having problems with Hermes delivery? Had a delivery supposedly happen on Sunday with it being delivered to me and signed for by me... didnt happen! The signature is fake and the parcel never arrived. 

Aparantly they use agency staff on sundays and my normal delivery driver delivered 2 parcels one on Friday and one today with no issues! 

Tried contacting hermes but when you ring their number its all automated and they hang up without putting you through to anyone! Try their live chat and its just an automated bot that wont connect you to anyone! Have tweeted them but no response and their head office phone is a premium number that just says they are closed! 

They are a joke firm! 

Anyone know how to contact them? The parcel thats missing is my sons main gift that he requested albeit just a cheap pressie but still dont like the fact its been nicked! I have reordered the same popduct but paid more for express delivery to make sure my normal driver will be delivering it!

Comments

• Anyone else been having problems with Hermes delivery? Had a delivery supposedly happen on Sunday with it being delivered to me and signed for by me... didnt happen! The signature is fake and the parcel never arrived. 

Aparantly they use agency staff on sundays and my normal delivery driver delivered 2 parcels one on Friday and one today with no issues! 

Tried contacting hermes but when you ring their number its all automated and they hang up without putting you through to anyone! Try their live chat and its just an automated bot that wont connect you to anyone! Have tweeted them but no response and their head office phone is a premium number that just says they are closed! 

They are a joke firm! 

Anyone know how to contact them? The parcel thats missing is my sons main gift that he requested albeit just a cheap pressie but still dont like the fact its been nicked! I have reordered the same popduct but paid more for express delivery to make sure my normal driver will be delivering it!
    It’s no help to you but I’m hoping for a popduct for Christmas too
  • edited December 2019
    Have you tried your waste bins? We’ve found parcels in the recycling before. I know someone who used to work for Hermes. In short, if they don’t deliver, they don’t get paid. That’s why they don’t care where they leave them
  • Agree Hermes are useless. I wont order anything from people who use them.

You need to take up with the sender dont waste any time on Hermes.
  • They always put my deliveries behind my bins regardless of the weather or if I’m in or not !  . Bloody useless
  • Abysmal firm.  I used them once to deliver something I sold on eBay.  They smashed it to smithereens and laughed when they delivered it.
  • Pay the cheapest, get the worst service - no surprise there. Having said that, generally speaking I've not had many issues with them. Had as many lost parcels through royal mail as them.
  • Similar problem a few weeks back. I couldn’t even find out how to talk to them. Useless 
  • Follow them on Twitter then every day you get to see stacks of people complaining. I'm amazed they haven't gone out of business.
  • I am going to buck the trend here and say I have never had a problem with them. I use them a lot for sending however none of my clients complain about stuff not arriving and when they deliver to me they always knock or leave a card to say where the goods are.

I would not say they are the cheapest either. 
  • I think when you place an order you should be able to choose which carrier you want to use. I would always choose Royal Mail, for one because I want to support Royal Mail, and for
    two, because if they try and deliver and I’m out, they take it back to the sorting office and I can collect it the next day. None of this rearranging your delivery bollocks.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Have you tried your waste bins? We’ve found parcels in the recycling before. I know someone who used to work for Hermes. In short, if they don’t deliver, they don’t get paid. That’s why they don’t care where they leave them
    First place i looked but no such luck. Im trying to contact the place i bought it - TJ Hughes, but getting no luck getting hold of them either!
  • They are proper pony , ordered some shit from John Lewis twice in the last month and they send all this about its here, there and out for delivery and time it's gonna come then there's a problem and can't deliver and that drags on for 2-3 days before eventually delivered . twats

they don't knock on the door,  we've just been finding guff left by the door in the bushes etc and fair play they leave a card saying where it's been left but hey crazy idea ring the fucking doorbell and i'll take the delivery,  I'm a hermit i don't go out 
  • Worst in the world never book a Hermès to house rule 1 

find their drop off points and arrange to collect from there 

home delivery is wank pick up delivery is good 
  • Very unhappy with their delivery.
    Text to tell me my product would be delivered at between 11.00 - 14.00.
    Received the text at 12.45. when we were out.
    It was thrown over our fence into the back garden.
    Neighbour lost a delivery from them last week that had been signed for.

• They are proper pony , ordered some shit from John Lewis twice in the last month and they send all this about its here, there and out for delivery and time it's gonna come then there's a problem and can't deliver and that drags on for 2-3 days before eventually delivered . twats

they don't knock on the door,  we've just been finding guff left by the door in the bushes etc and fair play they leave a card saying where it's been left but hey crazy idea ring the fucking doorbell and i'll take the delivery,  I'm a hermit i don't go out 
    Are you in a crap game over Xmas?

Their strapline "Hermes for hermits" does have a certain ring to it to be fair
  • Long shot, but try speaking to the people you bought the product from. Hermes gets a lot of business from a company called parcel2go which is like a compare the market for delivery companies. I run a small mail order business and I use Hermes, but via parcel2go. Your seller may have access via them. Worth a try anyway.
  • My scarf was delivered no problem.
  • Think Hermes is bad? You should try ordering off Deliveroo........
  • My local Facebook group has people nearly every day complaining about Hermes, either no delivery, delivered to an invisible man or address, and then a useless number to ring. I would stay clear of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    What is good about royal mail is if you are not in, you can easily pick the parcel up next day. DPD is pretty good and what we (my printing company) use - they give a one hour delivery slot on the morning of your delivery and if you can't make it you have a range of options. I hate being told my delivery could happen any time between 6am and 8pm. 

Hermes depends on the quality of your local delivery person. These are not post men or women but usually somebody driving along in their ford fiesta. The previous one we had was rubbish but our current one is a bit better. I would prefer to be able to select No Hermes when ordering but touch wood the things they have been supposed deliver this Christmas, they have. Even though they have just left at the door!
  • Hermes are terrible. Within the last couple of months three separate people ordered three separate packages to my house.

Two of those eventually turned up, after much chasing up with the companies they were purchased from. The third never arrived.

Also over summer my work colleague had a package delivered to the block of flats they live in. A picture was sent when it was delivered, showing the package half hanging out of the communal letter boxes. Which of course meant it was stolen by the time she got home that evening.

She had to once again chase up the company she ordered it from who sent a new package, just for the exact same thing to happen again!

• I think it was Hermes who told me they had tried to deliver a parcel 4 days before it was due. It took 2 days to finally speak to a human at their customer ‘support’, only for them to tell me they had no idea where my parcel was, and they announced they were going to launch an ‘investigation’ into where the parcel was, which would take 72 hours. After that then they would report back to me. In the meantime, the parcel arrived in perfect order on the day it was due, and the next day the ‘investigation’ concluded my parcel was probably missing.
    I was left unsure, as to whether I had been in contact with a firm who had efficiently delivered my parcel exactly on time, or if I had been dealing with a bunch of clowns who had no idea what was going on. I concluded it was both. Tbf, you can get a lot of that with companies.
    Have to say DPD are good. They arrive on time, you can track them, and they re-deliver if you are not in. They even tell you the driver’s name. Good old Ivan, he’s mustard.  :)

• Received 2 deliveries thru them last week on time arrived in marked Hermes vehicles. Both supposedly required signatures I received emails showing a line in a signature box for both. Nobody signed anything for either. Not just their agency subbies taking the piss sounds like the whole setup is shabby. 
    The vendor still obliged to refund you for failure to deliver 
    Pay by credit card?  Use that dispute procedure as well if necessary 
  • Amazon’s delivery moron hereabouts has taken to leaving parcels on the doorstep in full view of the road in all weathers. If I catch the prick in the act I’m gonna suggest it seeks employment better suited to its intelligence and integrity - politician perhaps 
  • edited December 2019
    I wouldn't bother contacting Hermes, just contact the company you ordered from - it's on them to replace the lost order. Hermes will just shrug their shoulders if you do manage to get hold of them. 

Have worked for a company that used Hermes to deliver for a while, they were dead cheap which is why we switched from Royal Mail. Switched back after less than 6 months as customer complaints skyrocketed. 
  • 3blokes said:
    I think it was Hermes who told me they had tried to deliver a parcel 4 days before it was due. It took 2 days to finally speak to a human at their customer ‘support’, only for them to tell me they had no idea where my parcel was, and they announced they were going to launch an ‘investigation’ into where the parcel was, which would take 72 hours. After that then they would report back to me. In the meantime, the parcel arrived in perfect order on the day it was due, and the next day the ‘investigation’ concluded my parcel was probably missing.
    I was left unsure, as to whether I had been in contact with a firm who had efficiently delivered my parcel exactly on time, or if I had been dealing with a bunch of clowns who had no idea what was going on. I concluded it was both. Tbf, you can get a lot of that with companies.
    Have to say DPD are good. They arrive on time, you can track them, and they re-deliver if you are not in. They even tell you the driver’s name. Good old Ivan, he’s mustard.  :)

DPD are very good for the reasons you've stated. I've had 4 packages delivered in the last week or so, all on time and all delivered by a guy in his 20s called Sunny. Thoroughly pleasant chap who always asks how you are and addresses you as "sir". Thoroughly deserves any tips he receives over Christmas.
  • I think we are fairly lucky around here, everyone knows the Hermes lady and where she lives, I pass her 3/4 daily while out with the dogs and while the delivery is slow once she has a parcel for us she’ll let us know while we are out and tell us she’ll leave it behind the car. One delivery company told us they delivered something at a certain time and I posted a cctv video on twitter of my house at that very time showing no one coming anywhere near it. Strangely they realised their mistake and found it had been left off the van!
  • Received a delivery confirmation e-mail stating I had signed for a parcel last Thursday evening, whilst me and my partner were in the polling booths. Even the dog wasn't home.
    The attached "signature" was just a line and a dot.

Also, I work in Logistics and regularly have their drivers attempting collections, always the same conversation.
    Me:"What are you collecting mate?"
    Hermes driver: "No idea"
    Me: "Where's it going?"
    Hermes driver: "No idea"