Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW ARTICLE: WHAT FANS OF OTHER CLUBS ARE SAYING

Clink link below for a summary of what fans of other clubs have been saying about our appointment of Parkinson

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/

Comments

• All the comments are what I would expect from the outside looking in and to be honest they are all probably bang on right.

It is only blind faith of being an addicks supporter that you hope, and it is just hope, that a few new signings may just turn it around. From the inside looking out my head agrees with the other teams supporters; my heart is red and dead, hoping for the resuscitation.
  • cant see one on there who isnt saying what the majority of us are thinking.
  • edited January 2009
    We are a joke club.... we are a joke club.... we are a joke club going down....

I knew people would say this stuff i had someone say to me Charlton were a premiership fluke club and that they were amazed we satyed up that long even though his clubs highest finish was 9th!

Guess Who?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]cant see one on there who isnt saying what the majority of us are thinking.

apart from the millwall fan who seems to think we'll be playing them next year when we all know they are going up :-(
  • Interesting comment from the Aberdeen fan.
  • At least we will be underdogs again now.

Could just work to our advantage. It did under Curbs.
  • Len, that is the most rose tinted thing I've seen in ages!

:-)
  • Derby: What are Charlton doing ? He’s not won a game since taking temporary charge, yet give him the job
    Do they want to go down?

Surely this is what we r all thinking, makes me wonder wat Murray was thinking, financial or not there are loads of cheap options that would have made alot more sense, IMO someone like Mickey Adams, yes he may not be the best manager in the world but he was able to save Fulham in a much worse situation, he also saved Coventry in the Championship, and can't imagine he is on very much at Brighton!!!
  • edited January 2009
    Very interesting and pretty intelligent set of reactions. No crowing or schadenfreude, apart from the predictable berk or two from Millwall or Palace. Mostly just astonishment bordering on disbelief - so same reaction as us, really.

The most poignant comment comes from the Norwich fan:

"We once looked up to Charlton, now they seem clueless..."

Thinking about all the implications behind that statement, it's not just poignant. It's bloody heartbreaking...
  • The thing is - there's 30/40 or so clubs that are all pretty much of a muchness - all the way from where hull and fulham are down to where, hmm, you lot are - and I suppose down a bit further to where you're going are teams such as leicester.

You're just experiencing what all of these clubs, and ourselves (palace) have been experiencing periodically for the last, oh, 103 years - vast tracts of time when we couldn't win a game for love nor money, when our manager was clueless and things seemed very bleak. Your current angst is, IMHO, derived from the fact that you've had it good for so long that some of you perhaps got a bit above yourselves.

Your period under Curbishley and lennie lawrence were like ours under Coppell - one man's genius briefly elevating a club above it's rightful position in the scheme of things. Look at Pompey - now they've got Adams in charge and their Russian owner wants out, the ship is sinking fast as fcuk, back to where they rightly belong.

For all the guff that Murray used to gloat about (well run club blah blah blah blah) generic business sense only goes so far in the insane world that is football - now you haven't got a genius to run the football side of things, having a "well run club" and balancing the books is all you have left - and the effect on the football side of things is plain to see. Even Jordan chucking (by our standards) endless piles of cash at palace over the last 8 years has only left us in our par league position - 8th in the second division.

Welcome to our world! It's just amazing to see that you've made such a dog's dinner of life back in the real world of the second division!
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair do's DS.
  • edited January 2009
    Aye, fair-do's! Palace fans coming on here and talking common sense? Makes you realise anything's possible - even Charlton returning to winning ways. Good post, DS.
  • Don't get ahead of yourself now Nigel, we'll hav to wait a few more months for that now
  • so, apart from the views of virtually all the posters on here and the majority of supporters from other clubs, looks like the board have made the right decision.

idiots.

I, for 1, will boo the manager & the board for all its worth and will show my displeasure whenever I can. This has been a scandalous decision and if it is about money and not footballing reasons why Parky has the job then the game ain't worth playing anymore.
  • :oO yawn ;o)
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so, apart from the views of virtually all the posters on here and the majority of supporters from other clubs, looks like the board have made the right decision.

idiots.

I, for 1, will boo the manager & the board for all its worth and will show my displeasure whenever I can. This has been a scandalous decision and if it is about money and not footballing reasons why Parky has the job then the game ain't worth playing anymore.

Dear oh dear...what's the point of dissing Parky at this moment in time...he has a job to do...whether we think he's the right man or not is another thing altogether but to boo him is just plain daft....I asume you'll be getting a seat right next to the dug out and close to the directors box in order to get 'maximum impact' from your one man demo....what a laugh that would be...I'd change seats for the rest of the season just to watch your antics...which of course are all talk by you.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so, apart from the views of virtually all the posters on here and the majority of supporters from other clubs, looks like the board have made the right decision.

idiots.

Please don't bother coming any more then. We are all extremely disappointed but booing will make it worse and I hope you don't sit near me cos anyone booing won't continue without me telling them what I think of them.

SUPPORT THE SHIRT.
  • And dont be booing near me either
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21

I knew people would say this stuff i had someone say to me Charlton were a premiership fluke club and that they were amazed we satyed up that long even though his clubs highest finish was 9th!

Guess Who?[/quote]

Interesting that someone would say that, quite a few ill informed (sky fed armchair fans) fans of top flight clubs seemed to think that about Charlton, to them I say "Balls" Charlton were as big/good as anyone in that league outside the big 4 and Spurs and Villa during our tenure in the Prem, if we were a "fluke" club then what does that make Wigan,Fulham,Stoke,Hull,Portsmouth and all the others who are all much of a muchness and festoon the top flight??
    8 seasons out of 9 in one of the worlds toughest leagues is most definately not a "fluke", that was down to hard graft decent stewardship great board and great fans (plus the occasional bit of real class). We may be in adverse times at the moment but we are still a fantastic club that has achieved much that others can only dream about, so "balls" to the neysayers. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21

Guess Who?

Interesting that someone would say that, quite a few ill informed (sky fed armchair fans) fans of top flight clubs seemed to think that about Charlton, to them I say "Balls" Charlton were as big/good as anyone in that league outside the big 4 and Spurs and Villa during our tenure in the Prem, if we were a "fluke" club then what does that make Wigan,*****************Fulham*****************,Stoke,Hull,Portsmouth and all the others who are all much of a muchness and festoon the top flight??
    8 seasons out of 9 in one of the worlds toughest leagues is most definately not a "fluke", that was down to hard graft decent stewardship great board and great fans (plus the occasional bit of real class). We may be in adverse times at the moment but we are still a fantastic club that has achieved much that others can only dream about, so "balls" to the neysayers. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!!

It's the team in stars!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2009
    Jesus H Corbett!!! Coming from a supporter of a team like that!!!!!!!!! The phrase 'overgrown ego's spring to mind. The mighty, mighty Foolham, they are the definition of Premier league fluke club, nothing more needs to be said!
  • I do have a rather irrational dislike of that particular club actually... honestly look up "NOTHING CLUB" in the Collins English and that lot would be there...

Al-Fayed's millions, A neutral section (lol), happy clap sticks and goal music for years, the worst home or away "support" in the country bar none... yes even worse than ours!

dearie me...
  • Yep totally agree with the above, Foolham are the ultimate nothing club, and they are as appealing as excema.
  • edited January 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE7[/cite]Derby: What are Charlton doing ? He’s not won a game since taking temporary charge, yet give him the job
    Do they want to go down?

Surely this is what we r all thinking, makes me wonder wat Murray was thinking, financial or not there are loads of cheap options that would have made alot more sense.[/quote]

Agreed with both sentiments SE7.
    It does rather beg the question if we go another 8 or 9 games stumbling along and picking up the odd 1 or 2 points (entirely possible given the current situation) whether the board will still believe they made the right decision as relegation would be all but sealed, sadly I think the whole Parkinson thing has been a total disaster, I would dearly love to be proved wrong but I just can't see it.