Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal my god.

What was al that about. That was one of the worst premiership performances I can remember.
Gutless. Even with our depleted squad we would never have given up like that.

Comments

• Plenty of times we did don't worry about that. 
  • They’ve played worse than that in the last couple of months . By the way De Bruyne was outstanding in the first half . As good a performance as I’ve seen in recent years.
  • 1 shot on target 33 seconds in. 
  • They have so much to do just to become a top 4 team again, the defence is laughable. De Bruyne's first goal Kolasinac actually moves his head away from the ball. Probably thought it might sting, bless him.
  • Surely got to be a capital G there ?

Gooners are shite
  • You’ve had 2 senior players in the last few weeks having tantrums on the pitch 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:
    It feels like it must be at least a decade now since I started expecting them to go out and spend big on a centre back at the start of every transfer window, and every transfer window they have failed to do that and instead spent their money on an exciting or creative attacking player.

I really think their attacking players are on a par with anyone else in Europe, but some of their defensive players would struggle to get in a bottom Prem/top end Championship side.

I don't understand. Just buy some proper defenders and a proper captain.
    Yep, when you see Palace signing the likes of Cahill you'd think a couple of signings like that would see them right.
  • edited December 2019
    Only club never to have been relegated from the top flight however they never reached it on merit in 1919 either having finished 5th in the old second tier the previous year. They won a vote by the then Division one clubs over Spurs.

Edit; As Woolwich Arsenal however they were relegated to the old second division at the end of the 1912/13 season before their move to North London in the 1913 close season and name change to 'The Arsenal' in April 1914. It's a moot point but as the revamped Arsenal they haven't been relegated.
  • Me too until recently but an executive box Everton fan I know put me straight recently. Here you go;

Everton were relegated for the second time in 1950–51 and did not earn promotion until 1953–54, when they finished as runners-up in their third season in the Second Division. The club has been a top-flight presence eversince.
  • edited December 2019
    Naby would improve the Arsenal defence, which is a comment on the current incumbents rather than BeckenSarr.
  • Couldnt happen to a nicer or more deserving bunch.

I wonder if they still think finishing second was bad?
  • They are just like us but on a bigger scale, thought they were better or deserved much better than what they had.

You naturally stagnate when you have a manager in charge for a certain period of time you hit that ceiling and always want more.

But seeing arsenals demise, really does make me laugh because majority of the fans still live in the "glory" days don't understand the game has moved on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• What good manager wants to deal with Arsenal. They feel like the next Everton.
  • MrLargo said:
    It feels like it must be at least a decade now since I started expecting them to go out and spend big on a centre back at the start of every transfer window, and every transfer window they have failed to do that and instead spent their money on an exciting or creative attacking player.

I really think their attacking players are on a par with anyone else in Europe, but some of their defensive players would struggle to get in a bottom Prem/top end Championship side.

I don't understand. Just buy some proper defenders and a proper captain.

Yes! I’ve always found that flabbergasting. When they were a Premiership winning side they had the likes of Sol Campbell and Tony Adams at the back.  What do they have now, Sokratis and Luiz? Then they go out and spend 70 million on… a winger. I’ve just never understood it. And when I talk to Arsenal fans about it, the problem is barely on their radar.

And Ozil mystifies me. Gooners practically brown-nose the bloke, but his body language on the pitch is a disgrace. He goes missing in matches, walks about, sulks when they’re losing, is clearly a problem in the dressing room, and Arsenal fans won’t hear any criticism of him.  

• edited December 2019
    I don't sympathise with them at all, but can certainly understand their frustrations.

They pay the highest ticket prices in the world and they moved from Highbury to the Emirates with the promise that in doing so, they could compete with the worlds biggest clubs, and now look at them. They have an owner who doesn't seem interested in the club, they're struggling to find a top manager and their transfers have been a disaster.

Spurs have overtaken them on the pitch and look how quickly they acted when they got rid of Pochettino. Jose was in the next day. Arsenal still haven't got a managerial plan and they sacked Emery 2-3 weeks ago.
  • It’s brilliant watching Arsenal as they are incredibly rubbish. Finishing 8th is probably the best case scenario. Can’t see them finishing above Wolves.

Arsenal to not appear to have any type of plan what’s so ever in place. Could do with Aubameyang being sold to really push them down the table.

Wengerout
  • They will suffer from postwengerism the same way that Utd have suffered from postfergieism both managers didn't really leave the club with good squads and management didn't really get how to tackle the void they left 
  • lolwray said:
    They will suffer from postwengerism the same way that Utd have suffered from postfergieism both managers didn't really leave the club with good squads and management didn't really get how to tackle the void they left 
    Come to think of it we still haven't recovered from curbs leaving 
  • When you've had a manager for 15 or more years like Curbs, Fergie, Wenger the change is huge. They weren't just team managers but all three set the culture across the whole club / business. It is easy to underestimate the vacuum left but history shows it is very difficult to fill.

The consequence is clearly a long period of instability and lack of success without that leader showing the way.

Things can only get better? Seems not.
  • My eldest supports Arsenal, so i do take an interest in them. Was watching pepe yesterday and wondering how/why they paid 70m for him. All flashy flicks, but absolutely no end product. A winger in a team that dont play wingers! I mean who the hell sanctioned that transfer? Just buy a couple of decent defenders and a defensive midfielder ffs. Oh, and playing lacazette occasionally might help too. 
  • There are ups and downs with football clubs but sadly some fans of the bigger clubs seem to think endless success is guaranteed. I'm assuming Arsenal will lose a lot of their recent fans who want to invest in a new 'brand'.

It's good for the game when new teams come to the fore or so I think.