Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• ....and it's too late now, damage done. We're looking for safe houses as we speak
    Is that like buying a football club?
  • edited December 2019
    In reference to Grapevines post. Nimer appears to be a trusted and astute businessman. 
     Going the whole hog. Asking his prospective chairman to be a presence at games or posting messages on social media does not appear to be the actions of a man of his calibre unless it's pretty much nailed on.

Another thing I picked up on from one of the vine's previous posts was his experience of business's run from that neck of the woods.
    He said the set up was usually pretty opaque. But if there was a problem or issue then a phone call was made or a whisper in the right ear, and it was pretty much sorted straight away.
    The EFL may find a few holes in the plan but I'm pretty sure a hasty solution is just a phone call or whisper away.
  • Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

If you want to reveal your personal details to others that’s entirely up to you. By please respect everyone else’s right to anonymity should they wish. 

Same for Soundas and for everyone else.
    Dear AFKA,
    I've never really understood why anonymity is needed. I'm sure there's a good reason, I've just never stumbled upon it. 

• edited December 2019
    Just caught up on the last five or six days of posts on this thread. Jeez. Some people.
  • I'm beginning to think the next two weeks could be critical. 
    Don't you start!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

If you want to reveal your personal details to others that’s entirely up to you. By please respect everyone else’s right to anonymity should they wish. 

Dear AFKA,
    I've never really understood why anonymity is needed. I'm sure there's a good reason, I've just never stumbled upon it. 

It's not IMHO that it's needed but for some it's desired.

Given the abuse some get from elsewhere I can see why.

Plus we're not all as vain as @bobmonro to use our real names 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't trust Wikileaks
  • Derek Nimmo died in February 1999 - according to Wikileaks
    He never did find that dinosaur
  • JamesSeed said:
    Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

Dear AFKA,

It's not IMHO that it's needed but for some it's desired.

Given the abuse some get from elsewhere I can see why.

Plus we're not all as vain as @bobmonro to use our real names 😁
    Grrrr! 

And it’s Bobe
  • Fumbluff said:
    Derek Nimmo died in February 1999 - according to Wikileaks
    He never did find that dinosaur
    He did. Big Millwall Fan.
  • Thank you admin for removing Mr Walkers post and my responses from this thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    The word 'should' is interesting....and why the further delay?
    Personally I want it to go through, I want us to be rich, I want all the success that may follow, but I am simply passing on what I have heard. Not going to say who from, and i hope it is speculation born of worry and fear.
    If any of you know anything else then share, especially if it rubbishes what I have written, I would be delighted.
    You haven’t actually written anything.
    What do you want, the conversation written out word for word as I remember it? A script?
    I have said I feel less confident than I did after having the conversation, not that the takeover is off.
    I mentioned some elements like the time it has taken being a bit of a worry, that the EFL are not being villainous, that personal checks are over, that Duchatelet has not been especially thorough himself, that Bowyer was evasive about Taylor's contract in an interview.
    I will add that the key fundamental in all this, from the three parties, the EFL, Duchatelet,and  the buyers/wider investors is, guess what, the money.
    If all that makes me an attention seeking wrong un who spouts continuous bullshit then that is the problem for those who see it that way, I passed on my experience and linked it to my degree of confidence. I am content with that, whatever others think.
    Don’t think anyone thinks that Seth. Maybe you could have explained things a bit better - as could have Bowyer in his pre-match sky chat.  People will always take comments how they want to - and usually it’s negative. That is understandable given the last 6 years and having to endure the likes of old dirty teeth, his bint sidekick and that Weasel Murray.  We are also in limbo, not really had any real clarity  since we heard about the takeover picking up pace. That said, Southall did say they would be making no further comment. Even if he did speak now, what is he going to say? All we know if that the interviews have taken place and Southall has spoken to Bowyer and Co. 

All you have done is pass info on that you have heard and how you have read it. 
    For what it is worth, and as I said, my first post was clumsily written as I stood on a jostling crowd on platform 1 of Charlton station waiting for the 10.06 to Lewisham. I am not slick with mobile telephone typing so my initial post was less clear than I would've liked. I have subsequently tried to clarify whilst maintaining a modicum of discretion.
    Yesterday evening a lot of posters were abusive towards me, which is fair enough that is their mindset, but I really don't see the big crime I am supposed to have committed.
    Perhaps the abusive posters will help me by explaining the reason for their abuse.
    Seth......you’re an old and trusted poster on here but you were/are wrong to have made your initial post.....I’ll tell you why.
    Over the years I, like many others, have picked up on stuff from what you would think from pretty reliable sources that I could easily have posted on here but chose not to because they were potentially distressing to the fan base, “especially” when they were not substantiated and simply possibly been spread as idle gossip.
    What you wrote will have put the shits up many a fan ( myself included) and set off a chain of discontent  and genuine apprehension, you admit yourself that what you heard may not be factual, yet still chose to post it.....why ?
    So what the bloody he’ll was the point Seth.....keep your mouth shut, see if anyone posts something along similar lines (which they haven’t by the way) and then maybe throw your two pennarth into the ring is how I’d have played it.
    All you have done is to cause distress and anxiety....nice work.
    Sometimes it’s best just to keep your mouth shut......I’m sorry but I think this has been one of those occasions.
    I am sorry. If saying I personally feel less confident put the shits up you all that is your problem not mine. Idle gossip has existed on Charlton Life continually, indeed often welcomed. 
    If on the other hand you wish me to keep my mouth shut, then I will if you will.
    I  told you I have......and on quite a few occasions over the years.
    I suggest you two fellas go for drink next time Mr £ is at the The Valley. I’ll come along, if you two could buy the first 4 rounds, I can then be on my way and leave you to it. 

hahahahahahahaha, that was my original post until I edited it.
  • iamdan said:

I am Dan 
    /Classic.

Clive is actually Paul.
  • Prague - Would you please STOP attempting to reveal individuals personal names against their user names. That’s twice now in recent weeks. It’s not on. 

My name is Paul
    I am black 
    I was born in 72.

That clears that up.
  • This thread is unreal. It's just like a chinwag down the pub. 

Your round, Golfie!
    All we need is @ElfsborgAddick slyly walking past peoples tables and swiping drinks when people aren’t looking - he did that at Gillingham a few seasons ago, and had the cheek to come back to where we were sitting and said he had bought a round. Funny as I never asked for a pint of Guinness, Gin, Stella and peanuts. 
    Halves as well.
  • edited December 2019
    seth plum said:
    Thank you admin for removing Mr Walkers post and my responses from this thread.

No problem
  • Think the club need to employ Mr Grapevine.

What a spectacular post. 
    He only posted it 14 minutes ago, can't believe 9 people have read and liked it already!

Gonna sit down by the fire tonight and have a read meself
    I've booked a week off work!
  • edited December 2019

• edited December 2019
    It's either confirmed or awaiting confirmation, it can't be both ffs.
  • Not sure it means it’s done. If it was why not just announce it ?
    No idea. First time as far I can see that he's aknowlwdged anything remotely Charlton.
    Perhaps this is what Bowyer meant by  strange. All announcements will now be made on Instagram. No need for a comms team. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!