Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What is the best pub near Highbury & Islington tube station with Sky Sports ?

Normal pub where you don't have to book, to watch the Manchester derby Saturday 5.30.
Thanks.

Comments

• Normal pub where you don't have to book, to watch the Manchester derby Saturday 5.30.
    Thanks.
    The Cock, immediately outside the station.
  • Normal pub where you don't have to book, to watch the Manchester derby Saturday 5.30.
    Thanks.
    You blowing Boro out then
  • clb74 said:
    Normal pub where you don't have to book, to watch the Manchester derby Saturday 5.30.
    Thanks.
    You blowing Boro out then
    Flying from Teeside airport after the game, with his 4 mates who have yet to buy match tickets.
  • not that close but finsbury park the 12 pins great pub. 
  • The famous cock right next to the station is ok. 
  • The famous cock right next to the station is ok. 
    @clb74 is the landlord.
  • The Alwyne Castle, less than a 5 min walk from the station, is really nice.
    Thanks.
    The Cock, immediately outside the station.
    Is that the pub they named after you? 
  • I looked at both those pubs websites yesterday & they both had book a table option.
    This was why I asked the question, because I wondered if they would be all poncy and full of hipsters knitting yoghurt.
    Planning on watching the Manchester derby then off to Alexandra Palace to see Idles.
  • The famous cock always has sky sports on on a Saturday. Then head to Le mercury for dinner - one of my fave London restaurants just up the road. 
  • Sponsored links:

• My dinner will be 6 pints of Guinness thanks.
  • I looked at both those pubs websites yesterday & they both had book a table option.
    This was why I asked the question, because I wondered if they would be all poncy and full of hipsters knitting yoghurt.
    Planning on watching the Manchester derby then off to Alexandra Palace to see Idles.
    Why not drink in Finsbury Park then get a train from there?
  • edited December 2019
    I looked at both those pubs websites yesterday & they both had book a table option.
    Good call. Should I start a new thread :smile: or do you have a better suggestion for Finsbury Park ?
    Good call. Should I start a new thread :smile: or do you have a better suggestion for Finsbury Park ?
    Leave it to me, just off to do some shopping and I'll tell you where to go.
  • edited December 2019

Opposite is The Blackstock Arms, although I am certain they do not show the football.

The Twelve Pins is 2 minutes walk from the tube station.

• Good call Gary, in the 12 pins. Large screen & other TVs. 
  • edited December 2019
    Good call Gary, in the 12 pins. Large screen & other TVs. 

Always welcome mate, have a nice evening. 

I'll see you SOON.
  • Compton arms
  • Compton arms

That's Soho?