Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Live music in 'Fans bar' before & after Hull City match

The Fans' Bar will have a live band performing a variety of music both pre and post-match for supporters to enjoy when we face Hull City on Friday, December 13th (7:45pm).

Get yourself into the festive spirit for the last home game before Christmas with a selection of Christmas and popular songs from years gone by with this fantastic offer for £45+VATpp.

Season-ticket holders are entitled to a discount which will see the price reduced to just £15+VATpp.*

Your package includes both a match ticket with padded half-way line seating & a sharing platter for your group to enjoy with novelties supplied as you get all festive and enjoy an evening of music and football!  

And, as it’s 'Christmas Jumper Day' on December 13th, we encourage you all to wear them to The Valley.

To find out more or to register your interest call 0208 333 4050 or email sales@cafc.co.uk. Please call us and inform us of any dietary requirements.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5db866c488d06/let-the-hull-idays-begin-with-live-festive-music-in-the-fans-bar-on-december-13th

So will the bar be open to people who just use it as a convenient meeting place or will everybody have to pay for the 'entertainment'.

Comments

• Is Ben Kessell back on the firm?

So £15 per person for a sharing platter. Who do you share it with if you buy one ticket?
    You're not Billy no-mates anymore
  • Is Ben Kessell back on the firm?

So £15 per person for a sharing platter. Who do you share it with if you buy one ticket?
    You're not Billy no-mates anymore
    I wouldn’t be so sure on that... :-)
  • Thanks for drawing our attention to this, Clive.

My thoughts are the same as yours.

We always meet our group in Crossbars pre match especially as we'll have grandkids with us who wouldn't be keen to stand around on the concourse or sit in their seats for any length of time before kick off. These get togethers are part of our matchday & are important to us all. 

I also wondered about the "sharing platter"...If our group of 10 or so DID wish to partake, there'd be one hell of a platter for that number but also, what kind of fare would be on offer for £15 pp ? 

Surely an event of this kind should be held in the Millenium Lounge especially considering the offer of padded seats in the West to non season ticket holders as they could then walk down to be seated without exiting & re-entering via the turnstiles. 

Very odd & concerning state of affairs. 
  • Thanks for drawing our attention to this, Clive.

My thoughts are the same as yours.

We always meet our group in Crossbars pre match especially as we'll have grandkids with us who wouldn't be keen to stand around on the concourse or sit in their seats for any length of time before kick off. These get togethers are part of our matchday & are important to us all. 

I also wondered about the "sharing platter"...If our group of 10 or so DID wish to partake, there'd be one hell of a platter for that number but also, what kind of fare would be on offer for £15 pp ? 

Surely an event of this kind should be held in the Millenium Lounge especially considering the offer of padded seats in the West to non season ticket holders as they could then walk down to be seated without exiting & re-entering via the turnstiles. 

Very odd & concerning state of affairs. 
    Completely agree. I for one will not be paying £15 for the 'privilege'  of live music. As you quite rightly say, Crossbars is where we meet up and talk about the forthcoming game and the likelihood of signing Messi and Bale. So I want to hear myself (and others) speak. The club need to clarify these arrangements, otherwise the band will playing to around 150 people!
  • This brings back a certain uneasy memory........
    I must admit, that was my immediate thought 
  • Sweat the asset guys.
  • Roland in !
  • I see no issue with music before a game and trying things to make some additional revenue for the club.  A live band is a long way from house music and it is a Friday night after all.  I went to Bristol City away and really liked the fan zone and Guinness and food bars.  We could definitely improve on all of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see no issue with music before a game and trying things to make some additional revenue for the club.  A live band is a long way from house music and it is a Friday night after all.  I went to Bristol City away and really liked the fan zone and Guinness and food bars.  We could definitely improve on all of that.
    Charging people £15 for the privilege when its previously been free (if I'm reading it right) seems very likely to cause problems. Many punters will turn up unawares on the night.

Not sure it makes financial sense either as will mean fewer punters buying less booze.

Hope someone clarifies before next Friday.
  • Im glad im doing the aways this season.
  • Don’t the club have big party nights at the Valley on Fridays in December? They definitely used to. So maybe they had already booked the band before the game was changed... ? 

Praps. 
  • It's £15 + VAT per person for season ticket holders - and three times as much at £45 + VAT per person for others.
    "Likely to cause problems" seems somewhat of an understatement, @Henry Irving!
  • "Fans Bar". WTF. What are all the other bars then? 
  • edited December 2019
    N01R4M said:
    It's £15 + VAT per person for season ticket holders - and three times as much at £45 + VAT per person for others.
    The added £30 is for a padded seat in the West which is probably the matchday ticket price for that area.

However, there's seemingly no reduction for over 60's or children in this "offer"...

IF, as @Curb_It questions, the event has been organised around the cancellation of a Party Night due to Sky's involvement, surely this should have been handled with more thought to "the average" but regular fans ? 
  • N01R4M said:
    It's £15 + VAT per person for season ticket holders - and three times as much at £45 + VAT per person for others.
    The added £30 is for a padded seat in the West which is probably the matchday ticket price for that arse.
    Fixed for you.
  • Not very clear, doesn’t appear to be thought out very well. 
    Our COO’s swan song !

• Sponsored links:

• Where’s the “fans bar” 
  • edited December 2019
    Crossbars. Covered End, entrance to the right of the big badge.
  • edited December 2019
    Thank goodness I have plans to go to The Swan.

This smacks of the old regime. What type of band? House music??
  • Think of it like a mini pre-Christmas party. I’m taking our team at work. It’s a chance for us to get together and all catch up (which is a rarity) while I thank them for their efforts this year. I can buy them a beer, all watch a bit of footie and have a pleasant evening.

• Where’s Lady T when you need her?
  • meet pals in london bridge pre hull go up the swan after 

job done. 
  • Regular users of Crossbars go f*** yourselves there’s a Slade tribute band on
  • Burger Boys leaving do?
    Millwall had a similar zone outside the ground with live music & various food & drink stalls,but these zones at both clubs were free entry to fans.
  • edited December 2019
    Regular users of Crossbars go f*** yourselves there’s a Russell Slade tribute band on