Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2019 - Will You Be Going?

Anyone planning to go to the FA Cip 3rd round v West Brom?

After our recent cup record / no shows in recent years, i'd vowed to not go again , until the glory bus was in sight, and needed boarding.

But i'm a traditionalist and do love the FA cup , even if we are rubbish / don't take it seriously, by fielding a B team.

Comments

• I'll go but at the final whistle I'll wonder why I bothered.
  • I went in 2019 v Doncaster 😉..............but won't be making the 400 mile round trip this time round. I know 'not proper Charlton' 😏
  • RedChaser said:
    I went in 2019 v Doncaster 😉..............but won't be making the 400 mile round trip this time round. I know 'not proper Charlton' 😏
    See you at Wembley!  :wink:
  • RedChaser said:
    I went in 2019 v Doncaster 😉..............but won't be making the 400 mile round trip this time round. I know 'not proper Charlton' 😏
    See you at Wembley!  :wink:
    Very kind of you to offer to get me a ticket 😜
  • depends on the price and kick off time
  • will be on a sunday - its a no from me 
  • Every cup game has been crap in recent years and we've put out some very weak teams. After the Forest Green fiasco is it worth bothering?

Depends also on ticket price.
  • Sponsored links:

• The fa cup and world cup qualifying process both need a revamp - boring, second rate football - the fa cup needs to be given a champions league spot instead of 4th place. The world cup needs splitting into two competitions - the good teams, the crap teams. The crap teams finishing in the semi's or above can enter the qualifiers for the good teams world cup. 90% of the qualifiers are predictable, boring walkovers. Sport is meant to be competitive .  
  • edited December 2019
    Queue for a ticket in the freezing cold, then watch our reserves and kids get mullered by West Brom.  Er... No thanks.
    Lennie Lawrence once offered the classic excuse for an early-round defeat: "Well, we were never going to win the Cup anyway."
  • Probably working so probably no.
    If it's £5, maybe order a ticket - those loyalty points could come in handy when we get someone worth watching in subsequent rounds.
  • If Bows decides to take it seriously so will I.
    (Having said that I will probs melt and end up going but only if it is on Saturday)
  • It's a no from me. Not until I can see we are taking it seriously for a change.
  • Will it be on the red button or something given it's a sunda? Will probably buy a ticket and stop home. hate the sunday journey.
  • Will probably go.
  • edited December 2019
    If Charlton are at home I'll be there.
    I'm expecting about 15,000 as everyone will be backing the new owners.

Obviously, joking there will be the usual 8,000 odd if WBA bring 1k-2k.
  • West Brom will not field their first team for this one and I doubt we will as so many of ours will just be coming back from injury.

Charlton Reserves v West Brom Reserves in front of less than 10k.
  • West Brom will not field their first team for this one and I doubt we will as so many of ours will just be coming back from injury.

Charlton Reserves v West Brom Reserves in front of less than 10k.
    This

Will probably be able to field a team of players coming back from injury, still it would be nice to see Ivan Toney unveiled to the crowd before kick off 😉 
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably - but against my better judgment. 

It has the makings of an exceptionally dull and disappointing Sunday afternoon 
  • It will be overpriced and at least one of the teams will not be trying.
  • Nope. Swore a couple of years ago I’d never do early round cup ties again. Relented for the Forest Green game and remembered why I’d sworn not to go in the first place. 
  • I will be listening to what Bowyer says about it and decide form there. If it is along the lines that we will make a few changes but still put out a competitive side, I will give it a swerve.
  • 100% I’ll be there. Might be playing them a week later and might be a boring game with many youngsters or fringe players, but I’ll be there supporting the lads and hoping we manage to somehow get through to the next round.
  • Just promise not to kick the cat when you get home.
  • Its a no from me.
    It does make me laugh some of us saying its because the club dont take the cup seriously.
    If wed been drawn man city at home it would be a sell out.
    Those that say they want us to have a cup run but want a top premiership team away.
    If we really wanted a cup run wed want the games at home against lesser opposition.
    Fair play to those going and if we get through a couple of rounds then get an away game they should get priority.
  • I’ll definitely be going .  I haven’t watched the under 23’s for a long time .
  • Yes, I'll be there.

Wonder what the new owners will think if there's only a crowd of 5,000 for this one? 
  • Yes as it'll get me out of the house on a Sunday afternoon.