Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

B20 Protest Fund.

edited December 2019 in General Charlton
Assuming that the end of the Duchatelet era is upon us and to clear up any confusion arising from comments on other threads, we would like to state the B20’s position regarding funds.

All visits to, and accommodation in Belgium were paid for by members of the group concerned. We did receive some contribution from the central protest fund to pay for some leaflets at the beginning of our campaign and, if memory serves me right, the original banner that we took on our first visit to ST. We also received donations from some individual supporters, who, whilst unable to travel to Belgium, were keen to contribute. They know who they are and we are grateful for their help.  All other materials, including further leaflets, stickers, sticky back plastic, a “ high quality” coffin,  glue, paint, some very silly costumes, spectacles with cameras in, various things that made a lot of noise, etc,  were paid for by members of the group. Other items such as the Flemish Estate Agent’s  “ Te Koop “ ( For Sale ) sign that was attached to the Valley, were simply purloined, or foraged as I like to think of it.

As things stand we have £272 left in the kitty. When the takeover is confirmed by EFL we intend to donate that to the Upbeats.

Comments

• Thank you so much 😊 
  • IMO Perfect
  • Superb.

You have my deepest gratitude for your efforts.
  • Excellent thankyou @Mametz
  • the takeover would have happened ages ago but for you pesky kids 😉
  • edited December 2019
    Thanks to all of you for your considerable time and effort.
    When the sale has been concluded & agreed 100%.
    I would be interested to know if anyone knew anything about the graffiti in Belgium.
  • Are you donating the coffin to the museum 
  • Well done
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done on the good work and the donation
  • Well done and thank you to all concerned. Look forward at the right time to hearing more of what happened in however you can or wish to share with us lesser mortals. Respect.
  • Many thanks for all the effort put in to help us rid CAFC of the cancer that was RD & cronies.
  • Well done and thank you to all concerned. Look forward at the right time to hearing more of what happened in however you can or wish to share with us lesser mortals. Respect.
    Took the word out of my mouth, @BlackburnCharlton.

R E S P E C T, guys.
    Do you have a spare couple of days?
  • Many, many thanks. You have done a fantastic job.
  • Thanks for all your efforts to rid us of RD, it really is much appreciated.
  • Superb. Thanks for your efforts, and for the donation
  • You are all heroes. 

• Well done to all, fantastic work!
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Are you donating the coffin to the museum 
    Anyone want to comment on that,or shall i just say we let it on the steps outside STVV.

• Mametz said:
    _MrDick said:
    Are you donating the coffin to the museum 
    Anyone want to comment on that,or shall i just say we let it on the steps outside STVV.

One of the problems was taking a coffin through Customs might mean some awkward questions. “ The President “said he could procure one that could be assembled on site. When he said how much it cost I queried it’s cheapness but he assured me it was “ a quality product”.

As “ Lewes Coaches “ says it was left on the steps outside the Stadium but there was a strong wind blowing and the last I saw of it was it being blown tumbleweed fashion along the road towards the cattle market. It was a scene that Ingmar Bergman would have died for!
    Del and Rodney assured me it was of the highest quality.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Hats off to the B20 who more than played their role in ridding us of Duchatelet and Meire, alongside Rot, War, CARD and everyone who turned up at a protest,  suggested an idea or managed to keep going week in week out.

We, the supporters will always be the life of this club, as someone recently said 'the owners are just the custodians'. 

The last few years wpuld certainly make a good film! 
    No one would believe that a business man billionaire could be so incompetent
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Hats off to the B20 who more than played their role in ridding us of Duchatelet and Meire, alongside Rot, War, CARD and everyone who turned up at a protest,  suggested an idea or managed to keep going week in week out.

We, the supporters will always be the life of this club, as someone recently said 'the owners are just the custodians'. 

The last few years wpuld certainly make a good film! 
    Sadly, as good a story it is, I can't see any production companies being interested in little old Charlton. The old regime were always pretty keen on getting Greenwich students to work for the club on a developmental basis. Wouldn't it be good if someone from the club (perhaps the club historian ;)) could make contact with their drama/media departments and commission the film as a student project.
  • Thats a very good idea!