Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Mentions Kayal (we may as well terminate loan) but nothing on Hemed.
  • Hemed posted a #backsoon thing on Instagram the other day. Unfortunately no timeline but at this point you could argue he’s fourth choice anyway.
  • it'll be good to have Lyle and Chuks back. Come January when we've added Messi, Ronaldo and Mbappe to the squad, we should just about be OK
  • Don’t forget Neymar
  • Good to hear that Sam Field is only three weeks away now too

Another player who I wouldn't mind putting in a permanent bid for , looks useful .
    West Bromwich will have the final say but young Sam Field could turn into the new  Darren Pratley (the recent Incarnation)
    He was getting up to speed when he got crooked.
  • One of the top priorities for the owner(s) has to be getting to the bottom of the injuries we pick up and take forever to recover from. It's been a problem for about five years now.
  • It's clear that we've been bringing in players with good pedigree but with injury issues, for the salary/loan factor. 

The Boys from Brighton have added nothing unfortunately all season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hemed would have been useful the last few weeks, as we've played a few physical teams

• Shame that we've had so many talented players struggling with fitness this season. I was really happy to see we had two in every position but it's notable that Field, Kayal, Hemed, Matthews and Oztumer have all had difficulties getting up to match fitness and have then gone down with injuries or were signed so late that they are still a ways away from being able to play every week. That's the problem with the budget we have been working with and needing to wait until deadline day or after to get players in. Good to see that Taylor is back but we'll really need to easy Jonny back in carefully as he's prone to an injury even when he's not working his way back.

Aneke's back though. That will fix everything..
  • To me there are 2 types of loan signings, those where a player is largely surplus and those where it's more about the next stage of a player's development.

I imagine WBA sent out Field and Leko to get experience, I can't see them wanting to sell either, especially Field. 
  • I really rate that field, very good player. 

Anyone that calls him useless, imo have not watched him properly. 

Hope we get him on a perm. 
    100% agree. 

And would tell Kayal to stay at Brighton & not bother returning.
  • To me there are 2 types of loan signings, those where a player is largely surplus and those where it's more about the next stage of a player's development.

I imagine WBA sent out Field and Leko to get experience, I can't see them wanting to sell either, especially Field. 
    If WBA didn't think Leko and Field were good enough for their 18 man squad in the Championship, would that change if WBA win 1 of 3 Championship lottery tickets to the Premier ?

In my opinion both Leko and Field would be worthy of being in the Cafc 18 man squad in the Championship next season. The price would need to be right even for a money rich team like Charlton Athletic !

• I knew Williams & Taylor wouldn't be back on Saturday, despite all the chat for the last couple of weeks.
    Taylor might get a short time off the bench.
  • edited December 2019
    I know money isn't really an issue for us now but if Kayal isn't fit by January (and Bowyer doesn't exactly seem confident) then we may as well send him back to Brighton and look at other options. He must be on decent money and it's a complete waste, not to mention also a waste of a loan space.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve just stubbed my toe, out for at least 6 weeks.
  • Posted this on the other thread a few days ago, pretty much still falls in line with what we have been told. Since this was created though, we have learned that Kayal’s injury isn’t straightforward, meaning he is likely to be out until the new year at least. 

Only Oztumer started on Saturday when he was touch and go, hence why I put the 07/12/19, and maybe Field is a handful of days ahead of schedule. 
  • I’ve just stubbed my toe, out for at least 6 weeks.
    Stubbed my toe and broke it a few weeks ago
  • I broke a toenail yesterday, but I'm playing through the pain barrier
  • Had a glass bread board tip on my shins last night... Hurt like buggery!!
  • I knew Williams & Taylor wouldn't be back on Saturday, despite all the chat for the last couple of weeks.
    Taylor might get a short time off the bench.

in which case he will be back then ...
  • edited December 2019
    During the whole 6 years of Duchâtelet's tenure we have had injuries. The fact that Rhoys Wiggins (top player when fit) was one of the few to be given a contract extension sums up the policy. The medical staff were under constant pressure as player were recruited with dubious levels of fitness for the Championship and then League 1. Elements of bad luck involved: Cullen and Igor having dislocated shoulders in the same match ! but we have had to take risks on bringing in players who already seemed injury prone. Lewis Page and the skilful Williams who are sponsored by Swarovski. Bowyer is as baffled as the rest of us. Please give Cafc a break  :#
  • I know money isn't really an issue for us now but if Kayal isn't fit by January (and Bowyer doesn't exactly seem confident) then we may as well send him back to Brighton and look at other options. He must be on decent money and it's a complete waste, not to mention also a waste of a loan space.
    do we have an option to send players back? i know a lot of the time the parent club will have an option to recall a player but can we just break the contract and send them back?

players like Gallagher are sent to get some minutes/experience under their belts and would be recalled by their parent club and sent elsewhere if they weren't getting a game here, players like Kayel are sent out on loan because there isn't a need for them at their parent club and rather than have an unhappy player hanging around the place they'd be as well shipping them out on loan and save a bit of money in the process. Brighton don't really care if he is playing or not.
  • Cawley saying "Hearing that Beram Kayal could need an operation and that set to be sidelined for a further 7-8 weeks."