Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oshilaja enjoying learning new midfield role

Comments

• At least he took a shot or two. Looked quite tidy & wasnt afraid to run with the ball into their box.
  • You always need a couple of water carriers in the side, guys who can play a few positions and do a job, like Fernandinho at city, Milner at Liverpool etc.
  • LoOkOuT said:
    I like Oshilaja a lot. He played a few lovely passes too, so he's capable of more than carrying water when he needs to. 
    Agreed, he's a much better footballer than I was expecting. Indeed he seems slightly wasted as a CB, as he can run with the ball and make incisive attacking play
  • we need a defensive minded midfielder and Oshi could well develop in that role ..  but surely when Gallagher, Cullen and Williams are all fit and ready to go, Pratley should have first dibs at the defensive role .. Pratley is well into his 30s though.
    Oshi is also not a kid anymore and having played around 150 games for a variety of clubs, he's still to find his best position. Defensive midfielder could well be it
  • He looked like a work in progress version of Kish.
  • He looked like a work in progress version of Kish.
    Or a sort of Jose Semedo?
  • He played some lovely passes, particularly one first time round the corner to Alfie without looking 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    Looks better going forward than defensively to me. Think he’s switched off positionally a few times. Thought he should’ve done better for Bristol’s winner, was a bit conspicuously absent at times when Cardiff were breaking against us, and left Niuhu totally unmarked for their third on Saturday. Not totally sold on him yet, tbh, but he’s surprised me with his passing ability and ball carrying. With him being a better footballer than expected some flaws in his defending might explain why he was at AFC Wimbledon. 

I’d be interested to see him at centre back seeing as that is supposedly his best position. I suspect he’d do best for us as a wing back, though. 
  • I like Oshilaja. Solid, dependable and learns quickly I feel. 
  • Personally thought he had a good game. 
  • Oshi had a much stronger game v Sheff Wed. One very good, round the corner first time ball to the left wing, lots of headers against much taller opponents, some good tracking and tackles. On the down side, him and Pratley didn't get over quick enough to snuff out Bannon's cross at source. Overall though, he's been good when I've seen him and a very shrewd signing...a sort of modern day Steve Gritt/Steve Brown type, who gives you everything wherever he plays and to a decent level. 
  • edited December 2019
    He looked like a work in progress version of Kish.
    Or a sort of Jose Semedo?
    Oshi looks like a more energetic midfielder than Semedo. It's his high tempo style (and occasional misplaced pass) that reminds me of Kish.
  • Semedo was once our player of the year which illustrates the strength of our squad at the time. Surprised to see he got a conyract in Portugal after leaving Wednesday.
  • I still remenber the Kish masterclass at the Valley for Brighton when he must have been mid 30s.
  • edited December 2019
    I still remenber the Kish masterclass at the Valley for Brighton when he must have been mid 30s.
    That's got to be my favourite Charlton defeat. Brighton were so good that day that I actually enjoyed watching us get schooled. Kish's performance was just awesome.