Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lymphoma

Comments

• SO sorry to hear the latest, worrying news re your pal, A.

Stay strong dear friend.

Thinking of you both & sending positive thoughts your way.
  • It’s an emotional rollercoaster here at the moment. She is responding to the new meds and all the signs are that she is improving. She’s talking but still on oxygen and various drips etc. She’s very very depressed- I have never seen her like that before. It’s not surprising as she’s in isolation and facing even more intensive chemo assuming they get on top of the infections. Sadly her husband and daughters have colds so cannot visit but her son and I are OK to go in. 

Glad its positive :) x
  • Thinking of you and your friend @Arsenetatters. What a tough situation. Sending lots of hugs and best wishes xx
  • So glad to hear your friend is responding to treatment @Arsenetatters, but a tough situation all round.

I'm sure she appreciates your support - even if at present she is too wiped out and depressed to express it as she normally would - and that you will discover strengths within yourself to look past her current situation and encourage her to find positives in small improvements.

I hope you have also got your own support team to help you through this difficult time - and I don't just mean the hens!  PM me if you want a chat, or simply to vent frustrations at the situation.

Best wishes and love to both of you. xx
  • She's got a great friend in you Arsene, stay strong for her.
  • Saw there was an update and my heart sank for a second, so am pleased to see she's responding to medication. I'm glad that you're able to be there for here while her family can't.
  • In my prayers, all the best. 
  • Very pleased to read this, Arsentatters;
    I hope she is also in a better place mentally now her physical condition has improved.

The intensive chemo will doubtless be hard on her, but as you say it does give her a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks for that more positive update, A.

We're thinking of her.
  • Wonderful news.
  • Great news.
  • Thanks so much for the update, dear friend.

Relief all round. 
  • Your friend is certainly a fighter. Life is so hard sometimes. One day at a time. The news certainly sounds positive. :) All the very best to you and your friend. I don't know what else to say. :(     
  • Rob said:
    Your friend is certainly a fighter. Life is so hard sometimes. One day at a time. The news certainly sounds positive. :) All the very best to you and your friend. I don't know what else to say. :(     
    Thank you Rob :)
  • Woohoo! Missed the "out of ICU" update somehow, so really pleased to see she's now back home. I've no doubt she's feeling dog rough right now, but being able to be put on a slightly less aggressive chemo regime is a good sign, and should hopefully mean the aftermath of the next lot should not be as bad. Onwards and upwards...
  • Wonderful news!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope it all goes well for her
  • That is magic news
    Havent commented before as my experience with it all didnt go well  with my mum eventually the illness taking its toll never fully responding to the chemo but at the time the other sad part was seeing how many young people were there having chemo which realy brought a few things home!
    I'm sure a small part of her recovering is having great friends and family around
    So take knowledge in that fact along with the great news on her recovery
  • Wishing your friend all the best. As I posted before it worked out fine for me, as I'm sure it will for your mate.
  • edited February 2020
    Only just picked up on this thread......wonderful support for your friend Teresa from you Tatters and in turn wonderful support for you from the CL family.
    This forum is so unique in many ways over and above football, I doubt there’s one that comes even close in that respect.
    Good luck to you, as well as Teresa and her family in these tough times.
    Fight the good fight.
  • I echo all Fanny says, and wish your friend every success with this next stage of her treatment.

Good luck with the M25-M3 lottery, A.
  • After more chemo Teresa's lymphoma is 'no longer visible' so it's time for the stem cell transplant. She went back into hospital last night and wll have 6 days of chemo with day 6 being a very heavy dose, and then the transplant.

So back to the M25, M3 journeys to Southampton with my fingers crossed.

Wonderful news.

There is always hope, and the support of amazing friends like you can make the difference.
  • That is magic news
    Havent commented before as my experience with it all didnt go well  with my mum eventually the illness taking its toll never fully responding to the chemo but at the time the other sad part was seeing how many young people were there having chemo which realy brought a few things home!
    I'm sure a small part of her recovering is having great friends and family around
    So take knowledge in that fact along with the great news on her recovery
    Sorry to hear about your Mum. I agree, seeing young people going through chemo is heartbreaking and they’re often so positive.

i must admit I’d never even heard of Lymphoma until Teresa was diagnosed with it. 
  • edited February 2020
    Hope it's a success @Arsenetatters