Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gunshots at London Bridge

12346»

Comments

• Fire extinguisher fired into the face is a great weapon. Immediately blinds the attacker and probably hurts quite a bit. 

A narwhal tusk however is next fucking level. 

This is something you would laugh at in a film if they used it to fight the baddy. 

Utmost respect to all who tackled him, whether civilian or members of the public. 

Sadly/sensibly I reckon I would have run. 
  • No minutes silence at the match today? 
  • Did not know he was Polish, it makes no difference. What an absolute hero. 

They should get the key to the city 
  • edited November 2019
    How are terrorists let out of prison to kill after 7 years ? Did some prick believe they were reformed ?
    No one will take responsibility. The law in this country is beyond a joke. How many others were let out with Khan ? Five I believe, a total shambles.  
  • How are terrorists let out of prison to kill after 7 years ? Did some prick believe they were reformed ?
    No one will take responsibility. The law in this country is beyond a joke. How many others were let out with Khan ? Five I believe, a total shambles.  
    A spell in jail is not going to make an ounce of difference to the outlook of these savages. Brainwashed by religious fairy tales.

I’m not an advocate of the death penalty but anyone found guilty of terrorism crimes should be banged up for the rest of their natural.
  • How are terrorists let out of prison to kill after 7 years ? Did some prick believe they were reformed ?
    A spell in jail is not going to make an ounce of difference to the outlook of these savages. Brainwashed by religious fairy tales.

I’m not an advocate of the death penalty but anyone found guilty of terrorism crimes should be banged up for the rest of their natural.
    Completely agree, I'm sure our moronic contrarian will be back soon though. 
  • Brilliant stuff from the have a go heroes 
  • edited December 2019
    How are terrorists let out of prison to kill after 7 years ? Did some prick believe they were reformed ?
    The five were let out with Khan.
    74 Terrorists have been released early.
    Tories blame Labour, Labour blame Tories.
    Innocent folk,young and old will continue to die because of idiotic decision makers.

One of the "have ago heroes" murdered a young woman 15 years ago by strangulation and by slitting her throat, he was on day release which her parents knew nothing about. 
    Not my idea of a hero, more of a psychopath who should stay in prison.
    When the wrong set of thoughts enter his head the feller will murder again.

• Have an idea what should happen to Those on watch lists but not suitable for on here 
  • Sponsored links:

• As Soapboxam said above I think it’s important ‘the murderer’ is not lauded too much and should not be called a hero. He’s a murderer who has ruined lives.

He’s not a hero, but right place, right time he behaved heroically. A good deed but doesn’t change what he’s done before, esp if you put yourself in that poor girls families shoes.
  • I imagine this attack's killed off the campaign to bring back the Jihadis from Syria. It's ironic that Khan's fellow travellers in the former Caliphate must be cursing him for sealing their fate.
  • Seems like one of the heroes is a Plumstead lad 
  •  Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones were murdered by a loser, a weak person and someone who exploited a liberal country.
    Jack has ironically been murdered by someone who he was trying to help.
    Jack and Saskia were young and idealistic but the truth is out of 74 religious fanatics if you managed to get 10% to reform and become law bidding you have done well.
    67 possible murderers to reek havok and terror in the UK.  Why other than cost would this shocking events be allowed to happen?

Mind boggling.

• A lot of people were talking about these 2 poor kids at work today and the sick injustice of them losing their lives and two families losing two clearly nice and bright members. 

Really, really sad for them and their families 

• edited December 2019
    Plaudits to the guy who helped disarm him then went back to work, washing dishes, without any comment on what went on. A true hero.

Also a fair few of the defenders were convicts, including a murderer. Fair play to them. 
  •  Jack Merritt and Saskia Jones were murdered by a loser, a weak person and someone who exploited a liberal country.
    Jack has ironically been murdered by someone who he was trying to help.
    Jack and Saskia were young and idealistic but the truth is out of 74 religious fanatics if you managed to get 10% to reform and become law bidding you have done well.
    67 possible murderers to reek havok and terror in the UK.  Why other than cost would this shocking events be allowed to happen?

Mind boggling.

Not going to say too much as I know I will get vilified on here. No one deserves to die, especially in your mid 20's......but I wonder if Jack had his life again he would think again about his views on the release & rehabilitation of prisoners.
  • Am a bit torn on the guy who is a convicted murderer but tackled the terrorist. 

Do I go with the ‘he was punished and served his sentence, his time is done’ train of thought?, or the ‘never forgive he killed a young girl in cold blood’ route? 

I think I will just consider that not all heroic acts are performed by heroes. 
  • I wonder if Jack and Saskia believed 100% of people could be rehabilitated ?
    If only that was possible but even with more money poured into the program of reintegration into society, religious fantastics and folk who enjoy taking rather than giving will never change.

I do believe you should try to rehabilitate but psychopaths can be convincing and charming on a good day and murdering bastards on a bad day when the voices in their heads overwhelm them.

Your and my families deserve to be protected so I don't personally think a life meaning life sentence is unreasonable or Draconian for terrorists who want to kill to promote their ideal of what their imaginery god  instructs them to do.
    I'm sorry for what happened to Mr Merritt's son but can't agree with him on the majority of people.