Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How would you feel?

If Bowyer is given say 10mil in January and brings in 3/4 good players but results don’t improve and he is sacked in March with us in 22nd, 2 points from safety? 

If you knew the new manager was going to carry on getting funds to progress would you accept the decision? 

Comments

• I’d still want him to be given more time than that , he’s earned it 

but then again if the new man is SCP I’d accept it through gritted teeth 
  • Personally think Bowyer is well in credit. Even if we got relegated he is the man for the job. 
    Agreed just asking the question. If they stick decent money in then relegation won’t be acceptable to them in the slightest. 
  • Bowyer is around for some time yet, no worries 
  • If Bowyer is given say 10mil in January and brings in 3/4 good players but results don’t improve and he is sacked in March with us in 22nd, 2 points from safety? 

If you knew the new manager was going to carry on getting funds to progress would you accept the decision? 
    If bowyer gets given 10 million in January ill eat my left bollock
  • clb74 said:
    If Bowyer is given say 10mil in January and brings in 3/4 good players but results don’t improve and he is sacked in March with us in 22nd, 2 points from safety? 

If bowyer gets given 10 million in January ill eat my left bollock
    I’m definitely remembering that one! 

Be surprised if they don’t give him a fair chunk. Maybe not 10 but at least half. 
  • He will walk on principle when Mbappe is signed over his head in June. Large numbers of fans will boycot because he wasn't allowed to bring in Cullen and the owner insisted on Modric and Sancho instead.

The amount of tutting in the west stand was audiable from as far as the east stand when Lyle Taylor was released to make room for Harry Kane because he wasn't "proper Charlton". 

Joking aside it's a very different job to the one Bowyer was planning for and the real truth is his mode of dismissal has changed as a result.  He is now more likely to be sacked than walk, be poached or just be out of contract. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Bowyer is around for some time yet, no worries 
    Every time we have a little bad run going forward they’ll be people piping up saying ‘he’s reached his ceiling, we can attract a better manager if we are serious in moving forward etc’. You wait and see mate 
    If we have an injury crisis like this again it will all be laid on Bowyer's door.  It will be wrong, but it will happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    I think Bowyer is the man to take us to our next level, whatever that is who knows. I would even stomach relegation knowing he could get us back up and build. We have played our best football under him since the prem era imo, his man management is clearly excellent and as odd as it may sound I feel a genuine connection to him as our manager and I'm big on that. Football is a results game yes but it's also important to look at your manager and think he is a decent human/likeable character.

Bowyer, Jacko and Gallen with the right support will get us to the premier League, I am 100% sure of that 

So to answer the question personally I would be a bit gutted if he was sacked in that circumstance
  • I firmly believe Lee Bowyer is a very special talent and definitely should be at the helm for many years . I really believe he could achieve legendary status here 

BUT 

If he now has a big budget to work with, expectation will be high & he will face a very different challenge to the one he's faced so far.

It will be interesting to see how he copes 
  • stonemuse said:
    Bowyer is around for some time yet, no worries 
    Every time we have a little bad run going forward they’ll be people piping up saying ‘he’s reached his ceiling, we can attract a better manager if we are serious in moving forward etc’. You wait and see mate 
    I’m thinking more along the lines of , he’s a good manager with less money and creating a strong bond and spirit amongst limited players but he doesn’t know how to wheel and deal with dough and know how to man manage the big players and egos 
  • I remember when Powell was sacked and those wierdos who hated him (guess one reason why) telling us to move on, no one was bigger than the club, I support CAFC not Chris Powell FC, etc etc.

This new era is, if it is what we think it is, going to be very different from any previous time in our history.

You could almost say hold on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
  • I think Lee Bowyer has done wonders for this club, gave us all some belief and results when it felt pretty hopeless, and I hope he is given time and some money to build a decent competitive squad. He’s definitely earned that right, imo, and any journey we go on now up the league ( hopefully) he deserves to be at the helm.
  • I'd want Bowyer given until March 2021 regardless of what happens between now and then
    Bit like Chris Powell when he came in that January, should get a free ride this Transfer Market and for the rest of the season... In the summer we should re-assess, if Bowyer get a decent budget that makes us competitive yet sees us struggle (bad results caused by bad football.. none of this bad results because of injuries shit) then I'd potentially re-consider
  • Anyone looking at getting shot of Bowyer needs their head examined. He's done wonders on the limited budget he's had: the question is can he replicate it in the different circumstances he is now in. 
    I don't know, but I'd far rather he was trying to do it as he's earned that right. 
  • This is Lee's worst spell as manager but with mitigating circumstances ie the injury list.

Saying that I thought at 1-1 on Saturday we could still have won it but not to be.

The signings so far have been good and all played a part i in promotion last season and the early season form, if he can continue in that way then I see good times ahead.