Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** Site Issues - Please Read ***

Password Resets

1. Two weeks ago our platform solution provider discovered there was a bug in the quoting functionality used by all their forums. They immediately addressed that and as a result of caution, triggered the need for a password reset for all forum users. Part of this process would see the user change their password and receive an email with an authentication link. For many this was straight forward, but for others that couldn’t remember their registered email address, could no longer access it, or didn’t even now what their user name was etc, this was more problematic.
If you have not yet reset your password and get prompted when viewing the site, please do, and if you have any of the above issues, please email admin@charltonlife.com and we will assist you. We have helped hundreds in the past fortnight but we are aware there are a small handful of users this process hasn’t worked for. We apologise for the inconvenience of this and will return to it once we’ve cleared our backlog and have capacity. You’ve not been forgotten!

Other usability issues

2. This week our provider issued a separate software update that has also led to a number of usability problems on our forum. These have been covered in loads of threads, but key things include double / triple spacing, greyed out quotes, and most annoyingly, not updating to the latest post in a thread. We liaised immediately with our provider, they’ve been able to recreate the issues at their end and their developers are working on a fix. We are hopeful we’ll be able to apply that this coming week. 

Once again, apologies that the usability of the site is not currently at the standard we all would want and thanks for your patience until resolved.

Comments

• Thanks for the update @AFKABartram
  • Rubbish platform provider
    No trains
  • I want my money back
  • Good to hear you’re working on it lads...and not just leaving it to @i_b_b_o_r_g to look into!  :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Many thanks for taking the time to look into this and sorting it out.
  • Thanks guys. You do a great job 👍
  • Thanks for the update. I must say, this always amazes me. I’ve worked in IT software delivery for years and I just don’t understand what’s difficult in quality QA testing of a product before it’s released to the public. The bugs found here are pretty elementary and obvious and with adequate testing would have been discovered and fixed pretty quickly. I’m sure some people throw this stuff out there and expect the public to do the QA. Amazing.
    Mind you, I’m assuming this is a free service so maybe that explains why it’s so shoddy. A service is being provided though so no excuses as far as I’m concerned. 
  • I don’t think that the platform is free, as far as I know there is ad revenue from the site that pays for the costs of the platform, the mods then provide their time and effort in looking after an occasionally unruly set of participants for free.

• It's becoming apparent to me that Roland has always been the brains behind Charlton Life. Now that he no longer has any interest in Charlton, things are going to pot.
  • I don’t think that the platform is free, as far as I know there is ad revenue from the site that pays for the costs of the platform, the mods then provide their time and effort in looking after an occasionally unruly set of participants for free.

Hes a top man that @Dazzler21 ;)
  • T_C_E said:
    I don’t think that the platform is free, as far as I know there is ad revenue from the site that pays for the costs of the platform, the mods then provide their time and effort in looking after an occasionally unruly set of participants for free.

Hes a top man that @Dazzler21 ;)
    More Next ot River Island, but cheers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks @AFKABartram for the update and explanation.
    Doing a cracking job as always.
  • Any chance you could provide an update for the clique forum too mate? We're experiencing the same issues on there. 
  • Croydon said:
    Any chance you could provide an update for the clique forum too mate? We're experiencing the same issues on there. 
    Yes, indeed ...... plus I can't find my Charlton Life badge - and can't enter secret Clique meetings without it. 

• It's becoming apparent to me that Roland has always been the brains behind Charlton Life. Now that he no longer has any interest in Charlton, things are going to pot.
    Not only was he the brains, but he was also the life and soul of the office parties.

• Rob said:
    Thanks for the update. I must say, this always amazes me. I’ve worked in IT software delivery for years and I just don’t understand what’s difficult in quality QA testing of a product before it’s released to the public. The bugs found here are pretty elementary and obvious and with adequate testing would have been discovered and fixed pretty quickly. I’m sure some people throw this stuff out there and expect the public to do the QA. Amazing.
    Mind you, I’m assuming this is a free service so maybe that explains why it’s so shoddy. A service is being provided though so no excuses as far as I’m concerned. 
    This in absolute spades!!! It really hacks me off when our IT/CAD idiots release a new tool or script with no real world testing.  When I complain the normal response is ‘well it works for me!’  Unfortunately not all of us work in their little North America based superuser bubble
    (with apologies to @rob who I know lives in his own CA bubble ;-) )
  • Have you tried duck tape?
  • Everything to do with Charlton is injured at the moment!
  • edited December 2019
    I don’t think that the platform is free, as far as I know there is ad revenue from the site that pays for the costs of the platform, the mods then provide their time and effort in looking after an occasionally unruly set of participants for free.

Like the see through men’s silk briefs you mean?