Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players who are out of contract in the summer who I think we can snatch in January

Had a little research on the net to see what players are out of contract in the summer who I think will do decent for us.
Here is my list.
Championship:
Jarrod Bowen (Hull) 
Chris Martin (Derby) 
Jack Robinson (Forest) 
Stephen Kinsley (Hull) 
Lee Tomin  (Cardiff) 
Harry Cornick (Luton)
Elliott Lee (Luton)

League 1
Marcus Maddison  (Peterborough)
Arnand Gnandulliet (Blackpool)
Oliver Hawkins (Portsmouth)

What are your thoughts CharltonLifers?

Comments

• I think they will still do their 'due dilligence' on a player but there is such a thing as a transfer fee. That you may have to pay one, doesn't reflect on the player's attitude.
  • Although I put in my Luton preview about Cornick being out of contract at the end of the season, I recently found an article which states he signed a new deal in the summer, so now believe he actually isn’t out of contract.

I think that we can start to look at who in the Premier League are out of contract in the summer and might be able to do something similar as we did with Williams last season. 
  • I get what you mean but I think the current players attitude will be absolutely fine.
    Bowyer and Jacko will talk to the players about this but we have all seen that the current players love playing for this football club. It's just ashame with the injuries we have at the minute because we have a great squad.
    If we can get 3 or 4 players in January then I be very happy. Gallen, Bowyer and Jacko know exactly what they are doing.
    It's just nice to see we will have some stability in this fantastic football club now.

• Sage said:
    Although I put in my Luton preview about Cornick being out of contract at the end of the season, I recently found an article which states he signed a new deal in the summer, so now believe he actually isn’t out of contract.

I think that we can start to look at who in the Premier League are out of contract in the summer and might be able to do something similar as we did with Williams last season. 
    Yea maybe.
    I did look at the players out of contract in the Premier League as well.
    I know he is ex Palace but Glenn Murray is out of contract in the summer.
    Personally I think he would be an excellent signing as well.
  • Would you CharltonLifers have Simon Francis back? Getting on now though but what Eddie Howe has done for him has been incredible and I see Bowyer similar to Howe. Just that experience could help really.
  • Jarrod Bowen. In a heartbeat 
  • Swisdom said:
    Jarrod Bowen. In a heartbeat 
    Agree. Would love us to make a bid for him in January. 

• Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Although I put in my Luton preview about Cornick being out of contract at the end of the season, I recently found an article which states he signed a new deal in the summer, so now believe he actually isn’t out of contract.

Yea maybe.
    I did look at the players out of contract in the Premier League as well.
    I know he is ex Palace but Glenn Murray is out of contract in the summer.
    Personally I think he would be an excellent signing as well.

I think Richard Murray is out of contract now
  • Swisdom said:
    Would certainly be a statement to the Footballing World outside the Premier League
    Bit like when Man City signed Robinho
  • se9addick said:
    You all need to set your sights higher, we’re minted now. We should only be looking at players from Europe’s top divisions who have a minimum of 50 caps for one of the highest ranked international teams.
    Still here Thomas?
  • sam3110 said:
    Bowen, have a laugh, Hull said they wouldn't listen to a bid of £20m for him, I know we are "richer" than we've probably ever been now, but that's not the kind of money we'll be spending
    Huill are mid-table though, dont think they'll be close to the Play-Offs
    Do they keep him till the summer (and lose him for nothing) or make a profit now
  • Swisdom said:
    Would certainly be a statement to the Footballing World outside the Premier League
    Bit like when Man City signed Robinho
    Not sure why the new owners would want to make a statement. I may be being over-cautious, but I always remember Jack Hayward talking about how difficult it became at Wolves trying to buy players to meet his ambition of them being the best team in England whilst they were stuck in Division 2. He ended up paying over the odds for everything and still never realised his dream. After a while he reached the conclusion that its better to build by making steady improvements, than by suddenly splashing the cash.
  • No need to spend big in January, give proper deals to those who deserve them ( Taylor, Williams plus Bowyer, JJ, Marsh etc) buy players in the positions we need cover in, potentially send back some loans if we can get better permanent signings in. Once we have our injured big hitters back we are more than capable of climbing back up the table. 
  • I doubt we would get Bowen, clubs will be lining up for a player that talented on a free. It would only be realistic if we were already on the verge of the premier League and had a squad full of similar quality. He will end up in a low end prem team I would say 
  • The likes of Leeds will surely be interested in Bowen, plus lower PL sides
  • Sponsored links:

• Newcastle want him, trust me he won't be on our radar
  • No chance with Bowen.

I’d be happy with Cullen on a permanent deal. We also need a left back, Central Defender and another Striker. Hopefully any signing won’t be undisclosed - would be nice to know how much we actually pay for players.

I’d probably look to send Kayal back and pay Hemed off. 

But the most important signings of all will be Bowyer and his back room team, Taylor and Williams. 
  • We are suffering from injuries but would still like some reinforcements. 

LB, CB, CM and striker for me. Hemed and Kayal can go, and either Pearce or Sarr. 
  • Suggested on the sale thread that the chairman wants to sign Leko and Cullen as perms
  • Ha not sure what you guys are expecting!
  • Anyone checked who's out of contract at Real Madrid 
  • The likes of Leeds will surely be interested in Bowen, plus lower PL sides
    Not what he was when he played for us in Up For The Cup. They can have him.
  • There is FFP too even though cheats like Derby have navigated round it. I think is is best to do it the right way.
  • Thought Shinnie looked decent in a Dale Stephens kind of way 
  • The player I would want from Luton if we were to get one would be Mpanzu. I thought he was immense both times we played Luton at their place this season and last. Out of contract in the summer