Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The New 'I' Watch

I don't buy those technology magazines , but i just wondered if anyone had heard of an 'I' watch coming out soon , and whether anyone on here ' in the know' had seen them , and whether they are any good?

Is it necessary , or something else we can live without?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science-technology/405841/The-next-big-must-have-gadget-Apple-register-patent-for-the-much-rumoured-iWatch

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=iwatch&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uTu2UY2zOI3Y0QWY44DoCg&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=799

Comments

• At this stage they're just rumours. Like all Apple products nothing will be confirmed until just before release.

If the do release one it is likely to be very popular and successful. It will also be very well designed and made. The question for me is how many people wear watches these days? If not enough the product may never get released.
  • Apple late to the party again, but their marketing team will no doubt dress it up as some kind of massive innovation in technology and all the fanboys will queue overnight to pay 3 times too much for somethingt that does exactly the same thing as the other 5 bits of shiny battery powered equipment in their pockets.

• It won't be a "must have" for me. But that's more to do with my matchstick thin wrists than anything else. Can't have a big dial on a watch it just looks silly on me. (Actually, thinking about it, many of them just look silly on everybody!)
    Haven't got photoshop otherwise I'd have had a bash at an iPocketwatch. It would just be an gold iPhone on a gold chain that lived in your waistcoat pocket - perhaps that's their plan?
  • edited June 2013
    The new Mac Pro looks the nuts though
  • beam me up Scotty !!!
  • 6 years ago I bottled buying one in the end, as it was new technology at the time, and pretty expensive, I couldn’t justify the expense.

Having reached a milestone age recently I was given some dosh by me mum , and wanted to get something I wouldn’t ordinarily buy.

So Just wondered if anyone had bought an I watch and whether they were any good / had lasted, and in particular the I watch 5?

• 6 years ago I bottled buying one in the end, as it was new technology at the time, and pretty expensive, I couldn’t justify the expense.

Having reached a milestone age recently I was given some dosh by me mum , and wanted to get something I wouldn’t ordinarily buy.

So Just wondered if anyone had bought an I watch and whether they were any good / had lasted, and in particular the I watch 5?

I just got a series 5 a couple of weeks ago. Had a Garmin running watch before which I liked but that was nothing on the apple watch in terms of functionality. I can pretty much control everything from my watch now. Stuff like sending texts, answering calls, controlling music I find really useful. I was driving the other night and wanted to know what song was on the radio so just said "Hey Siri what song is playing now" and it told me.

They're a lot of money and they need charging pretty much every day but I love mine.
  • There's not a great deal of difference between the series 4 & 5 from what I can see, other than their standard hardware improvements, I've got the series 4 and I love it

I just got a series 5 a couple of weeks ago. Had a Garmin running watch before which I liked but that was nothing on the apple watch in terms of functionality. I can pretty much control everything from my watch now. Stuff like sending texts, answering calls, controlling music I find really useful. I was driving the other night and wanted to know what song was on the radio so just said "Hey Siri what song is playing now" and it told me.

They're a lot of money and they need charging pretty much every day but I love mine.
    Can you send and receive WhatsApp message with an Apple I Watch Leeds?

Can you send and receive WhatsApp message with an Apple I Watch Leeds?
    There isn't an official whatsapp app for the watch but I can still read the messages yeah.

I can't send them without an app but looks like there are some third party apps that will let you do it: https://www.lifewire.com/use-whatsapp-on-apple-watch-4428057

I have sent messages using the apple message app and typing on the thing is easier than youd think. I assume I could use siri to type using voice as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks LA for your help, trying to get my head round it, have finally bitten the bullet and dived in.
  • The new Mac Pro looks the nuts though
    Can’t remember posting this 6 years ago, but the same applies now
  • edited November 2019
    Thanks LA for your help, trying to get my head round it, have finally bitten the bullet and dived in.
    Am sure you'll love it.
    One more tip, someone at work got one a couple of weeks before I got mine and he got loads of microscratches on the screen pretty quickly. Nothing too serious but enough to be annoying. 
    To avoid this I've put a screen protector on mine and would recommend these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DQL9NBJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Although you'll need the bigger version if youve bought the 44mm watch.
    The protector is unnoticable and cheap and easy to put on and gives me peace of mind that I'm not going to ruin it by accidently knocking it.
  • Cheers LA, good tip, screen protectors ordered, even got same day delivery.