Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Fund - Closure Announcement (Final Report on Page 3)

edited December 2019 in General Charlton

Now that the much longed for takeover of the club has been announced, we are delighted to confirm that the formal closure of the Charlton Fans Protest Fund will take place as soon as the final approvals are given and the sale completed.   

We will provide a detailed final report on total income and expenditure in the next week or so. 

There has already been some conjecture today on what might be done with the residual funds in the account. Our thoughts are that we will:

- give half to one or two charitable causes close to the hearts of many Charlton fans

- give half to fan led initiatives aimed at rebuilding the club and fan engagement.

We have some thoughts on what these might be and will be finalising these in the coming days.

Meanwhile, we thank you once again most sincerely all for all the donations, the expressions of support and the practical help. Every single contribution has helped to bring an end to the disastrous Duchatelet era and hopefully we will now see a return to a club with the values we cherish. We are humbled and proud to have been entrusted with your money and are eternally grateful for your amazing creativity, hard work and generosity to make the protest fund successful. Yet again, Addicks fans have demonstrated what an amazing bunch they are.

Come on you Reds!

Davo55 and Curb_It

Comments

• edited November 2019
    Amazingly I just posted this on the original thread before your announcement!
    Anything left?
    If so I suggest maybe donating to Damelza.
    Maybe the new ownership group would like to match our donation as a joint show of unity and moving forward together
  • Well done all 
  • Thank you both for all your efforts, much appreciated. I’d just split it between the Upbeats and the Museum, both worthy causes and both deserving of the money.
    Great idea 
  • I think the museum will need to fund an extension to the building to fit all the protest stuff in
    Them beach ball display cabinets ain't cheap
  • Just an idea could we spare a couple of quid to pay for a removal  van for Burger Boy
  • Davo55 said:
    T_C_E said:
    Thanks to you both for your hard work and good luck finding employment elsewhere. 😉
    Me and @Curb_It are meeting Tone at the job centre on Monday  :)
    :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• I put this on a separate thread, but I think the B20 deserve some reimbursement of their expenses. After all, it was spent on what contributors wanted the money spent on when they gave.

Big thanks for all your hard work. It was all worthwhile.
  • Thanks @Davo55 and @Curb_It for the hard work you have both expended on the cause. Happily buy you a beer or many next time I catch up with you (I am back at The Valley tomorrow after a 4 year absence).
  • PeterGage said:
    Thanks @Davo55 and @Curb_It for the hard work you have both expended on the cause. Happily buy you a beer or many next time I catch up with you (I am back at The Valley tomorrow after a 4 year absence).
    Will you still be wearing the donkey suit  ;)
  • Half to Damelza
    Half to the Upbeats

Sorted
  • The museum will cover it’s face it’s any good.

Community projects should be supported.
  • Davo55 said:
    T_C_E said:
    Thanks to you both for your hard work and good luck finding employment elsewhere. 😉
    Me and @Curb_It are meeting Tone at the job centre on Monday  :)
    I’ll give you both a lift, the other bloke can walk 👍😂
  • Just a thought, but is it worthwhile putting the money into a high savings account/ISA just in case, god forbid, we ever need it to get another awful owner out?
  • TEL said:
    We already do a lot of work for Charities and that will continue as thats who we are, so just a thought....why not help out other supporters fighting against poorly run regimes.....as I said, its just a thought....some pay back for the support we got from the likes of Brighton, Burnley et al....
    That’s a great idea.

I guess it all depends on how much is left.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Museum and The Upbeats would be worthy recipients of anything left in the pot IMHO.
  • can't we use it to get Little Tommy D. a leaving gift?
  • Upbeats and Museum get my vote
  • Whatever is decided , well done for your hard work 

I’m sure punters will moan as well! 
  • Keep it for the next poor sods that may need it. 

If not give it to charity. 

If the new owners need, what is (no disrespect) a relatively small amount of money, you should keep it because we will need it again. Not that I think we will. 
  • Only two likes to recompense fans who have spent hundreds, in some cases £1ks travelling to Belgium to protest and make Roland as uncomfortable as possible; week after week after week in some cases.

Disappointing. 

CARD know who they are. They know what they did and what they achieved. They may not have agreed the tactics. They may not have liked the methods. But we all know what they achieved.

Not to make the gesture leaves a bad taste in my mouth. All well and good slapping backs etc, but debts have to be paid.

CARD did not even financially fully help R.O.T. Come on chaps. Play the game.

The money was given to fight for the cause. There is a moral duty to spend it in a manor that those giving intended it to be spent.
  • edited December 2019
    Many, many thanks @Davo55 and @Curb_It. Taking responsibility for managing money is an onerous task. 
    Will support whatever you decide to do with any surplus.