Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gunshots at London Bridge

Comments

• loads of armed OB

stay away 
  • Hope everyone's okay.
  • Stay safe out there peeps
  • One person attacking people with a knife. 
    Shot dead by police. 
    Motif unknown at the moment. 
  • Looks as though a lorry is involved.
  • Sky News:

Pictures on social media showed several police cars on the bridge, with a lorry stopped across the central reservation of the dual carriageway bridge.

Police have cordoned off the bridge.

Pavements on both sides of the bridge have large bollards on to prevent vehicles. They were installed after the 2017 London Bridge terror attack.

London Ambulance Service have tweeted they are on the scene.

• Issue at Oxford Circus as well, tube closed and evacuated - could just be too many shoppers though. 
  • Just went through LB on train home and the announcer was telling everyone to stay inside the station for their own security. Scary.

Seen a video on WhatsApp of a bloke wrestling with a bloke on the floor, they pull him off and shoot the other bloke straight through the chest.
  • now evacuating  Borough Market and London Bridge closed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
  • 5 casualties
  • Stabbing reported at a premises near London Bridge. Assailant fled to the bridge where he was challenged by passers by. Said passers by incurred injuries during the struggle. A man has been detained in to Police custody.
  • Sky News saying that a lorry was driven across 2 lanes of traffic. Hope they have got the bastards involved. Being treated as a major incident. Hope there is no bombs in the lorry. 
  • edited November 2019
    I made the mistake of watching a video on twitter. He was definitely shot.
  • BBC reporter saying north side of London Bridge been cleared all the way back to Bank Of England
  • My best mates are policemen and have filled me in:

- Guy has been shot and he is suspected of wearing an IED
    - Potentially stabbed three people beforehand (maybe five)
    - London bridge and surrounding areas now cordoned off
  • Video going around on twitter suggest the immediate threat has been dealt with. Looks like he was bundled out by some very courageous members of the public before the police then fired shots at him. 
  • Ultimatum said:
    Just went through LB on train home and the announcer was telling everyone to stay inside the station for their own security. Scary.

Seen a video on WhatsApp of a bloke wrestling with a bloke on the floor, they pull him off and shoot the other bloke straight through the chest.
    Tasered, not shot.  
    I think he was shot mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Looked definitely like a gunshot than taser. Blokes out limp straight away.
  • Looks as though a lorry is involved.
    I just assumed that lorry was trying to turn around like a dozen or so other cars did.
  • Defo shot. Police pull someone off of the suspect and all run away while a policeman puts a bullet in him. Must have had some kind of explosive/vest on.
  • Do stay safe everyone.
  • LouisMend said:
    Video going around on twitter suggest the immediate threat has been dealt with. Looks like he was bundled out by some very courageous members of the public before the police then fired shots at him. 
    Agree. Hopefully it's been dealt with and everyone else is okay 
  • Left our offices behind borough high street and decided to get the northern from borough and change at London Bridge rather than walk up to London Bridge for the jubilee - glad I did. Wondered why 3 trains went through LB station when I went to change. 
  • Ultimatum said:
    Just went through LB on train home and the announcer was telling everyone to stay inside the station for their own security. Scary.

Tasered, not shot.  
    I think he was shot mate
    I’ve seen the video now. My apologies. He got tasered after , the first video I saw didn’t show the shooting. 
  • Seen a video from another angle and you hear the gunshot. Hope those involved aren't too badly hurt. 
  • Not a great day for my wife and kids to be visiting London. Best wishes to all those injured.