Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans impact on Bowyer’s contract

Bare with me here...

I’ve been racking my brains for a few days now of what we can do to help the current situation, regarding Bowyer needing and deserving a new deal.

I know many will say we don’t have an impact or what can we do to change Roland’s mind, but I think we have a bigger influence than many of us realise.

Gallen recently said that a way of us getting the message across was to voice it at games, he said the message will get back to Roland. Scott Minto recently said on the EFL Podcast that we, as supporters, don’t fully understand the influence we have at the club, good and bad.

I really think if we step it up like we have before, but in a positive way, the least we will do is force the conversation to be had.

Bowyer is making all the noises of a frustrated man who just wants stability and to feel like he is valued. We all know Roland is prepared to do the bare minimum to scrape through as he isn’t committed nor does he particularly care. But I still believe we can make a difference.

So what better opportunity than on Saturday to voice our concern but support for the man who has turned us around on and off the pitch? We need to loud and clear. The Allez song is great, but I feel we need something that clearly says about a new deal.

Other ideas could be a banner or a flag. I don’t know how easy or difficult, or expensive they are to produce, but a visual aid is perfect too. Sky cameras will pick that up very easily. We get the message across through visual aid, through being loud, and the conversation is properly started.

To finish off, I think it’s important to stress this importance for our future. The unfortunate fact is, if Bowyer doesn’t get a new contract he will not be here next season. He won’t be doing what he done in the summer, because enough is very clearly enough. There’s no doubt he loves being our manager and that he wants to build something long term. But other clubs are going to keep being interested and sooner or later, if things don’t improve, we will lose him. So let’s step it up once more and really help make a difference.

Comments

• We can be clever with the visual aid as well, something along the lines of “Tie Bow Down”. Just an idea.
  • You still have to get it into the ground, remember his main man cahones is still there. 
  • West Ham circling by all accounts.

Didn't want him anyway. How many have we lost now?

;-)

Back to the Belgian model!
  • T_C_E said:
    You still have to get it into the ground, remember his main man cahones is still there. 
    Honestly don’t see that as much of a problem. So many people bring bags into the ground and never properly get checked for example. The flag/banners don’t have to be huge, they can be relative size and just have loads of them. 
  • Please no protests or banners.

Will upset the players and we might lose the game.

Might upset the apologists

Might upset new owners.

Far better we do nothing and let M. Duchatelet run his club the way he wants, he knows better than mere fans.

Get behind the team and don't complain.
    This is exactly what has been happening since we broke into the top six last season isn't it?
  • Sage said:
    T_C_E said:
    You still have to get it into the ground, remember his main man cahones is still there. 
    Honestly don’t see that as much of a problem. So many people bring bags into the ground and never properly get checked for example. The flag/banners don’t have to be huge, they can be relative size and just have loads of them. 
    Don't get me wrong I agree, but anything seen to be anti ownership will be targeted by the little blokes henchmen. imo
  • T_C_E said:
    Sage said:
    T_C_E said:
    Don't get me wrong I agree, but anything seen to be anti ownership will be targeted by the little blokes henchmen. imo
    Would a banner/flag or something similar showing our support for Bowyer and the need for a new contract be classed as anti ownership though? It would clearly be us showing our respect and encouraging Roland to do the same.

Either way, I’m looking forward to something happening which will show how we feel about it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone got access to a printer and paper?

15,000+ A4 sheets with "GIVE BOWYER A CONTRACT" or "REWARD BOWYER" on it handed out at the start of the game

It worked with the Black and White Campaign, should work now
  • Anybody that thinks Roland will take notice of what is written on a flag/banner/A4 sheet of paper clearly has not been paying attention. He could not give a shit what we think, he will award contracts when and where he feels like it. 

That is not say don't try it but I would not hold my breath. 
  • I think he will take notice, we know that previous protests has got to him and made him take notice. I’m not at all suggesting a protest, but I think if we are loud and clear and we clearly show our support and importance of this happening through various different things, he will take notice. Whether that turns into action is down to him, but I do believe the message will get to him.
  • THIS with knobs on ! 

Well said, Sage & great to hear that CAST are formulating a cunning plan....
  • Bowyer must be very happy living near Sevenoaks and only a London club could get him to leave Charlton. Showing massive support for him in difficult times can only be a good thing. We need to wake RD up and continue to voice our opinion with something he needs to respect. 
  • Here we go again.
    Why werent we worrying about Bowyers contract a couple of months ago
  • clb74 said:
    Here we go again.
    I think we were, in large quarters too. But at this very time, it’s needed more. We have had Gallen come out and say, we have had Bowyer making comments for at least a couple of weeks, things are getting frustrating for all concerned. It’s time we step up and make all known our support for this to happen and our support for Bowyer and the management team. The longer this goes on, the more real it is that we won’t have him here at all. 
  • T_C_E said:
    Sage said:
    T_C_E said:
    Taking on fans showing support for the manager. Good luck with that.
  • clb74 said:
    Here we go again.
    Weren’t you? Why not?
  • Talksport claiming they’ve had insider knowledge that West Ham are in talks with Hughton, some good news finally!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:
    Anyone got access to a printer and paper?

15,000+ A4 sheets with "GIVE BOWYER A CONTRACT" or "REWARD BOWYER" on it handed out at the start of the game

It worked with the Black and White Campaign, should work now
    15,000 you say.
    I reckon Seth will volunteer to print them off :-)
  • edited November 2019
    Sign Bows up
    Sign Bows up
    Sign Bows up               (to the tune, here we go, here we go).

Followed by -

Give Bows a contract (clap clap clap clap clap)
  • Sign Bows up
    Sign Bows up
    Sign Bows up               (to the tune, here we go, here we go).

Followed by -

Give Bows a contract,
    Roland just give Bows a contract,
    Give Bows a connnnttract,
    Roland just give Bows a contract.

We love you Bowyer, we do,
    Oh, Bowyer we love you :wink:

I think there is a lot we can do. Hope to get this going. Also make the atmosphere far better than it has been for these early kick offs.
  • Bowyer would be mad to sign another contract with us. I highly doubt he’ll be here at the start of next season.
  • Like the vibe here. Good plans 
  • Talksport claiming they’ve had insider knowledge that West Ham are in talks with Hughton, some good news finally!
    Jim White was it?
  • Bowyer masks? Can we get Bowyer’s face been made into a mask and we all wear it during the game or for a specific time during the game?

That’s another way of showing support and clearly gets a message across with the Sky cameras.

If it’s a little costly, no idea how much, but we can buy them for 50p or £1 or so each to cover the costs?

Bowyer’s face everywhere around the ground would be immense.
  • "Get Bowyer Done"

"For the Many (years) not the few"

Not for Hughton...
  • castrust said:

Sage  -  Good thinking.

Don't want to curb your enthusiasm for this Saturday, but plans are being put in place to remind Duchatelet of Bowyer's value and the importance of long-term contracts for the management team at the Hull game on 13th December. We will be issuing an appeal for volunteers early next week.

Good to hear something is going to be tried to get Bowyer alonger contract but in the mean time can we please show or shout out our distaste for Roland in song for Sheffield Wed game.

We have kept quite for much too long over Roland and he is still sitting pretty in his bunker that is ST Truiden.

As it happens i will be in London on 13th Dec would love to help.