Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Clive James RIP

edited November 2019 in Not Sports Related
Has died aged 80 

Met him a couple of times while working in Cambridge. Really nice bloke 

Comments

• Options
    Very clever and funny guy - RIP. 
  • Options
    clever and amusing man .. been ill for a long time .. R I P
  • Options
    Bloody hell. 27 November will not be remembered fondly. Losing Clive James, Jonathan Miller and Gary Rhodes all on the same day. All very talented men. RIP all.
  • Options
    RIP. 
  • Options
    Not another one. How sad. Intelligent, wry sense of wit, a great writer. RIP
  • Options
    F**k today.  RIP.
  • Options
    Thought he died a couple of years back

RIP
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Bloody hell. 27 November will not be remembered fondly. Losing Clive James, Jonathan Miller and Gary Rhodes all on the same day. All very talented men. RIP all.
    Agreed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite a day. RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    What is happening today? R.I.P.
  • Options
    RIP Clive
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I wouldn't mind a bet that the combined IQ's of James and Miller would be greater than every tv presenter now on the box.

RIP all.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Clive James on TV, a proper childhood memory for me. RIP
  • Options
    NYE was always Clive James on the tele as a child....

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clever & Witty Man - RIP
  • Options
    Felt really sad to hear this. A little bit my childhood goes with him. Loved Clive James on TV. Just watched  a rerun of Clive James Postcard from London to wallow in nostalgia.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Clive James on TV, a proper childhood memory for me. RIP
    His Sunday evening programme spawned things like "Celebrity get me out of here" with the mad shows from Japan. 
  • Options
    At one point this afternoon Margarita Prakatan was trending on twitter, just because of all the people reminiscing about her part in his shows :-) We always ended up watching his show or Dave Allen when visiting my Nan and Grandad on a Sunday, so that's another childhood icon of mine gone today. RIP
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Davo55 said:
    I wouldn't mind a bet that the combined IQ's of James and Miller would be greater than every tv presenter now on the box.

RIP all.
    I wouldnt mind a bet that the combined IQs of all the TV presenters now on the box would be less than James and/or Miller.
  • Options
    Enjoyed his witty tv monologues. From an era when we were young, fit and healthy.  

RIP

• Options
    He actually died a few days ago and his funeral has already taken place. 
  • Options
    Sunday night ITV in the 80s: spitting Image and/or Clive James. Fab.

Enjoyed Clive's books as well.

RIP
  • Options
    Man of words, fallible, loved people, loved beauty.
    Propper human.

Rip