Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meet Derek Trotter

edited November 2019 in Not Sports Related
Well if you are rich you get a picture with him anyway.

Cant believe the pricing on this event.

Comments

• These "meet the celeb" conventions are a very nice money maker for the organisers and celebs nowadays.

I suppose their riposte is that in the past they've signed things for fans which have immediately gone onto ebay
  • Stig said:
    This time next year, he'll be a millionaire!
    He probably will charging £120 for an autograph.
    You must be mental and or rich to sign up for this.
  • Stig said:
    "Hello David, can you sign this please?"

"Of course, do you have £120?"

"There you are then".

Absolutely disgraceful, I'd be ashamed to be party to something like this.
  • Purely going n interviews I've seen over the years Jason and Lyndhurst do seem a bit moody. Mate had John Chalice AKA Boycie in his cab last week, and he Tweeted him a video message from Marlene a couple of days later. Although it looked like it was filmed at one of these convention type things
  • Purely going n interviews I've seen over the years Jason and Lyndhurst do seem a bit moody. Mate had John Chalice AKA Boycie in his cab last week, and he Tweeted him a video message from Marlene a couple of days later. Although it looked like it was filmed at one of these convention type things
    I see that on twitter. Bloody brilliant when Boycie made an appearance in the video after Marlene.
  • Piss take, he must still be earning royalties from UK gold daily reruns 
  • People are stupid enough to pay it then best of luck to him 
  • shine166 said:
    Piss take, he must still be earning royalties from UK gold daily reruns 

Not sure, when these programmes were made and contracts were singed, there was only a few channels, so they might not include all these new channels.
  • I have a friend who is a minor TV and film 'star', who has been in a couple of very well known TV series and films that are sci fi/fantasy based and is known and loved around the World.

His whole career now is jetting off to conventions - particularly in the States and Japan. All expenses paid, 1st class travel and earns a good living, just sitting behind a desk having his picture taken and signing autographs.

He's still a 100% lovey though.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2019
    We dabble in framing autographed pictures etc... Being football and sports fans and football fans it is fun for us as much as anything and we use our printing and design skills to turn them into something special. All signatures we get are from registered dealers but there are a lot of fakes out there. Also you get a few like Geoff Hurst who might belong in the Guinness book of records for how many things he signs. 

Funny enough we have done a few Only Fools frames with cast signatures. I don't like them and wouldn't have them up in my house even though I loved the show, but they sell very well. It is very interesting and surprising seeing what sells well and what doesn't. It surprises me how hard it is to sell Lewis Hamilton frames. Maybe less surprising but Chris Froome is even harder. Harry Kane and anything Liverpool goes quickly. Generally, if I like it, it seems harder to sell.  

• Glad to see Steve Jones is working again.
  • Stig said:

"There you are then".

You get a nose bleed when you part with £1.20. 
  • WSS said:
    Glad to see Steve Jones is working again.
    Got all that stolen gear to knock out 
  • Addickted said:
    I have a friend who is a minor TV and film 'star', who has been in a couple of very well known TV series and films that are sci fi/fantasy based and is known and loved around the World.

His whole career now is jetting off to conventions - particularly in the States and Japan. All expenses paid, 1st class travel and earns a good living, just sitting behind a desk having his picture taken and signing autographs.

Whats his name
  • Addickted said:
    I have a friend who is a minor TV and film 'star', who has been in a couple of very well known TV series and films that are sci fi/fantasy based and is known and loved around the World.

Whats his name
    Dave .

• Stig said:

"There you are then".

You'll have a nose bleed next time I see you, you cheeky prick.
    I think you mean stomach ache, cos there is no way you can reach any higher. 
  • Only Fools conventions are big business, only Jason and Lyndhurst rarely show up for them. It's usually Boycie, Denzil and Mickey Pearce who do all the heavy lifting.  
  • fadgadget said:
    Addickted said:

Whats his name
    Dave .

Simon actually.

There's a full size model of him (in character) in Yamanashi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    fadgadget said:
    Addickted said:

Whats his name
    Dave .

Simon actually.

There's a full size model of him (in character) in Yamanashi.
    Simon who? whats he been in?
  • Stig said:

"There you are then".

You'll have a nose bleed next time I see you, you cheeky prick.
    I think you mean stomach ache, cos there is no way you can reach any higher. 
    More like bruised shin