Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taskmaster

Enjoying the current series.

Comments

• Stepped back up again after a dip last season

One of the things I enjoy most on tv
  • Couple of episodes behind but enjoying.
  • Last two series' have been really shit.
  • PopIcon said:

Last two series' have been really shit.

The current one has stepped it up once more. Check it out
  • PopIcon said:

Last two series' have been really shit.

The current one has stepped it up once more. Check it out
    I've been watching, just isn't funny anymore. They've exhausted the format. Additionally the quality of guests has dropped.
  • Not too high on the recent ones compared to the first few, but still a decent viewing with a few laughs.
  • This is the best overall panel for a few seasons. The mob on the last one were terrible.

• After 9 series on Dave, Taskmaster is moving to channel 4
    a 6 series over 3 years deal

I really hope they don't change the format
  • Great show that manages to keep the ridiculous tasks pretty fresh
  • Season 8 was poor but it was due to the line-up of contestants more than anything else. Last series was great, hope Channel 4 don't try to fix something that isn't broken. They've done 70 odd shows now, 4 tasks a show - that makes 280 odd different tasks they've dreamt up and I believe they are pretty much all Alex Horne's ideas. Quite a feat in itself. He'll need another 240 ideas to do 6 more series if they stick to 10 episodes a series.
  • Sponsored links:

• Season 8 was poor but it was due to the line-up of contestants more than anything else. Last series was great, hope Channel 4 don't try to fix something that isn't broken. They've done 70 odd shows now, 4 tasks a show - that makes 280 odd different tasks they've dreamt up and I believe they are pretty much all Alex Horne's ideas. Quite a feat in itself. He'll need another 240 ideas to do 6 more series if they stick to 10 episodes a series.
    I wanna get on the team!
  • When I saw it recorded live, the funniest bits in the studio didn't seem to make it into final show.

There are some outtakes on YouTube which are much funnier than the tasks themselves.
  • Thought this was announced a month or so ago?
  • MrOneLung said:
    Thought this was announced a month or so ago?
    Nah, Dave and UKTV were questioned why they hadn’t announced series 10 and they revealed they had competition for the rights. 
    Confirmed yesterday that it’s off to Channel 4.
  • Been to see it being filmed twice, both times were great fun. Big Greg Davies fan, so I am biased, but I love his dynamic with Alex Horne. Both have said the format won't change, which is a good thing.
  • I love how half the thread is people saying "ooh get so and so on" and occasionally said person pops up to say "yeah I'd be up for that"
  • Series 10:

Daisy May Cooper
    Johnny Vegas
    Katherine Parkinson
    Mawaan Rizwan
    Richard Herring
  • Vegas will probably be an absolute hoot
  • Sponsored links:

• Obviously many of the tasks lend themselves to social distancing quiet well anyway, but will be interesting to see how they plan to film it. 

• Be interesting to see if Channel 4 fiddle with the format.
  • Obviously many of the tasks lend themselves to social distancing quiet well anyway, but will be interesting to see how they plan to film it. 

I read the studio shows were filmed without an audience.
  • edited July 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    Be interesting to see if Channel 4 fiddle with the format.
    Nervous for that reason. I really hope not.
    Alex Horne has said nothing will change but it remains to be seen.
    Was pointed out that C4 didn’t change anything about bake-off format when they stole that so fingers crossed they leave Taskmaster alone too.
  • The only season I didn't really enjoy was the Russell Howard series, primarilybbecause of Alice Levine, every other season has been superb

Vegas should be very good, hopefully C4 haven't fucked with any of the format or production 
  • siblers said:
    The only season I didn't really enjoy was the Russell Howard series, primarilybbecause of Alice Levine, every other season has been superb

Vegas should be very good, hopefully C4 haven't fucked with any of the format or production 
    Ciarrai Abu!!!!
    Up the Kingdom!!!
  • siblers said:
    The only season I didn't really enjoy was the Russell Howard series, primarilybbecause of Alice Levine, every other season has been superb

Weakest Series by a mile that one.  Was weird as the one before it (Bob Mortimer/Sally Phillips) and the one after (the best one, Rhod Gilbert, James Acaster etc) were fantastic. 
  • iainment said:
    siblers said:

Ciarrai Abu!!!!
    Up the Kingdom!!!
    Haha, I love this post
  • siblers said:

Weakest Series by a mile that one.  Was weird as the one before it (Bob Mortimer/Sally Phillips) and the one after (the best one, Rhod Gilbert, James Acaster etc) were fantastic. 
    James Acaster was superb, probably my favourite contestant ever alongside Ed Gamble
  • When does it start?