Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Manager 2020

Comments

• Wing Play
    3-4-3
    Germany
  • Gegenpress
    Holland

Happy with that!
  • Tiki-Taka
    3-4-3
    France
  • Direct counter attack
    Holland
  • Tiki-Taka
    3-4-3
    France
    Hey your birthday is the day after mine haha
  • Annoyingly I have had to start again, thankfully was only in September.

Made the same 2 signings
    Keogh on a free
    Toney 3.1M

Sent Kayal back, no way am I paying that much for someone sitting not even getting on the bench.

Only annoying thing is the positions of some players

Gallagher is a DCM/CM but you stick him higher and he is out of position

Pratley is a CM but you try him as DCM and he is out of position

Currently playing

---------------Phillips---------------
    Solly Keogh Lockyer Purrington
    ---------------Cullen---------------
    ----------Field         Gallagher-----------
    --------------Williams--------------
    ----------Toney        Taylor

Bench
    Amos
    Oshilaja
    Sarr
    Forster-Caskey
    Oztumer
    Bonne
    Leko
  • Annoyingly I have had to start again, thankfully was only in September.

Made the same 2 signings
    Keogh on a free
    Toney 3.1M

Sent Kayal back, no way am I paying that much for someone sitting not even getting on the bench.

Only annoying thing is the positions of some players

Gallagher is a DCM/CM but you stick him higher and he is out of position

Pratley is a CM but you try him as DCM and he is out of position

Currently playing

---------------Phillips---------------
    Solly Keogh Lockyer Purrington
    ---------------Cullen---------------
    ----------Field         Gallagher-----------
    --------------Williams--------------
    ----------Toney        Taylor

Bench
    Amos
    Oshilaja
    Sarr
    Forster-Caskey
    Oztumer
    Bonne
    Leko
    tried to sign Toney but WBA outbid me

Keogh is this years best free for the Championship.  Thanks Derby and thanks to Football Manager for not making him Injured like he is in real life :-) 
  • Kayal is quite good in FM.
  • I played it yesterday , saved it then auto saved so later on I picked it up again as normal. But when I went back on it last night the saves have gone so cant resume game?? anyone know why this would happen, has it updated and lost my saves.

Pretty annoying I had played around 20 games and was just below the playoffs. Hemed / Leko and Taylor have all been keeping the goals flowing, sometimes Leko works better, Hemed seems to score quite a bit from the bench. I made a few new signings and cancelled Kayal, Would be a massive pain starting from scratch again.

• Sponsored links:

• I am gonna have a go on it about 2pm. Just woken up. I used to play last years one but got sacked when new owners took over. Haven't got many soare days left when I start work so gonna make the most of it. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    I am gonna have a go on it about 2pm. Just woken up. I used to play last years one but got sacked when new owners took over. Haven't got many soare days left when I start work so gonna make the most of it. 

Congrats on the new job, no doubt our paths will cross... although I work from home :) when do you start?
  • edited November 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    I am gonna have a go on it about 2pm. Just woken up. I used to play last years one but got sacked when new owners took over. Haven't got many soare days left when I start work so gonna make the most of it. 

Congrats on the new job, no doubt our paths will cross... although I work from home :) when do you start?
    Cheers mate. No doubt I will see you when you have a 1 to 1 or meeting or something. It will be good to see you again (as with a lot of other people). 

I take it there is no parking round there? 
  • Seriously tempted to buy it this year. The last one I got was FM13 - and even then, I still played FM11 more!

But I've finally succumbed to the Mac OS Catalina upgrade, which has ripped out all the 32-bit code (and made my laptop run a lot better in fairness).

However - and I hope someone more technological than me knows this - will I be able to run FM comfortably?

I have a Macbook Air, mid-2012:

Processor - 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

Memory - 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory

Graphics - Intel HD Graphics 4000

Thanks in advance if you have any particular knowledge. I've cross-referenced with other websites and the Steam spec recommendations already, but I want to make sure I've read everything correctly, as there are different iterations of the processor and graphics card that I don't fully understand.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Seriously tempted to buy it this year. The last one I got was FM13 - and even then, I still played FM11 more!

But I've finally succumbed to the Mac OS Catalina upgrade, which has ripped out all the 32-bit code (and made my laptop run a lot better in fairness).

However - and I hope someone more technological than me knows this - will I be able to run FM comfortably?

Processor - 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

Thanks in advance if you have any particular knowledge. I've cross-referenced with other websites and the Steam spec recommendations already, but I want to make sure I've read everything correctly, as there are different iterations of the processor and graphics card that I don't fully understand.

Yep you should be ok, Memory is a bit on the light side though I think.. RAM should ideally be 8gb+ for a good FM.

I'd hazard a guess you'd get 3* PC rating with all the top leagues included (England, France, Germany, Italy + Spain) with medium database.

Graphics shouldn't be too much of a concern, I had a much inferior laptop to yours before I upgraded last year and graphics were ok.

• Rudders22 said:
    Rudders22 said:

Cheers mate. No doubt I will see you when you have a 1 to 1 or meeting or something. It will be good to see you again (as with a lot of other people). 

I take it there is no parking round there? 

I park 10 minutes walk away up the road. Either Stanhope (only part of the road cheaper) or Chichester road, costs £4.80. Thre isn't really many other places to park, if either full you follow to the other side of the road Chichester.

I come in every 2-4 weeks generally so will be good to see you. No doubt well probably speak on the phone or online messenger before.

• PaddyP17 said:
    Seriously tempted to buy it this year. The last one I got was FM13 - and even then, I still played FM11 more!

Best thing to do is try the demo. Can you upgrade your RAM? I’m sure that would help.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Pretty sure we have the same macbook, it's not lightning fast but certainly playable.
  • Scoham said:
    PaddyP17 said:

Best thing to do is try the demo. Can you upgrade your RAM? I’m sure that would help.
    Unfortunately not - as it's a Mac, I'm pretty sure it's soldered on to the logic board (standard Apple operating practice).

I think I'll give the demo a whirl this evening, see what sort of game speed I can get with the big 5 leagues loaded in various configurations. 

Cheers to all above! The 12,000 hours (I know, I know) of FM11 have been great but time to say goodbye.
  • Google Stadia is another option, I think there’s different options available in terms of cost and resolution quality. Be interesting to find out just how fast it is when people start reviewing it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Google Stadia is another option, I think there’s different options available in terms of cost and resolution quality. Be interesting to find out just how fast it is when people start reviewing it.

Any idea on how I can locate my previous saved on mobile? Or best person to ask? I don't really want to start again when I was 20 games in doing ok. Not sure if because it updated or whether because I took from a game launcher app. Fingers crossed its not all lost, although looks like it is.
  • edited November 2019
    1st signing complete.

Some experience at the back, thanks for releasing him Derby

How can his condition be 100% and morale “superb”? hasn’t he got a broken leg after his mates decided to play Destruction Derbyshire ?!
  • So after the same games played
    Bowyer is 1 point and 1 goal scored ahead of me.

• Me v LB

Blackburn=0-2           ACTUAL RESULT=2-1
    Stoke=2-0                   ACTUAL RESULT=3-1
    Barnsley=0-1             ACTUAL RESULT=2-2
    Forest=5-1                ACTUAL RESULT=1-1
    Brentford=0-0          ACTUAL RESULT=1-0
    Reading=1-2            ACTUAL RESULT=2-0
    Birmingham=1-2    ACTUAL RESULT=0-1
    Wigan=1-2               ACTUAL RESULT=0-2
    Leeds=3-0                ACTUAL RESULT=1-0
    Swansea=1-0          ACTUAL RESULT=1-2
    Fulham=2-1              ACTUAL RESULT=2-2
    Derby=2-1                 ACTUAL RESULT=3-0
    Bristol City=0-0        ACTUAL RESULT=1-2
    West Brom=0-3        ACTUAL RESULT=2-2
    Preston=1-1              ACTUAL RESULT=0-1
    Millwall=2-3               ACTUAL RESULT=1-2
  • Inconsistency is killing me.

Started of
    Win
    Lose
    Win
    Lose

Then 4 games without a win
    Then 4 wins in a row
    Then 4 games without a win
  • Keogh is very, very injured on the full version, a real shame.
  • Me v LB

Blackburn=0-2           ACTUAL RESULT=2-1
    Stoke=2-0                   ACTUAL RESULT=3-1
    Barnsley=0-1             ACTUAL RESULT=2-2
    Forest=5-1                ACTUAL RESULT=1-1
    Brentford=0-0          ACTUAL RESULT=1-0
    Reading=1-2            ACTUAL RESULT=2-0
    Birmingham=1-2    ACTUAL RESULT=0-1
    Wigan=1-2               ACTUAL RESULT=0-2
    Leeds=3-0                ACTUAL RESULT=1-0
    Swansea=1-0          ACTUAL RESULT=1-2
    Fulham=2-1              ACTUAL RESULT=2-2
    Derby=2-1                 ACTUAL RESULT=3-0
    Bristol City=0-0        ACTUAL RESULT=1-2
    West Brom=0-3        ACTUAL RESULT=2-2
    Preston=1-1              ACTUAL RESULT=0-1
    Millwall=2-3               ACTUAL RESULT=1-2
    Even in a fictional world we can't beat bloody Millwall
  • Tiki-Taka
    3-4-3
    France
    Hey your birthday is the day after mine haha
    You doing Stoke Away mate?
  • edited November 2019
    Just started one as my local club, wasted effort for the Charlton one so fancied a challenge. I don't really know lower leagues so signed up A Barcham on a free, Auchoria (however you spell it) on loan from Charlton. 5 games in 4 wins and a draw against 2nd, early days but my striker is shit hot 8 goals in 5. See how I get on.
  • Just started one as my local club, wasted effort for the Charlton one so fancied a challenge. I don't really know lower leagues so signed up Marc Barcham on a free, Auchoria (however you spell it) on loan from Charlton. 5 games in 4 wins and a draw against 2nd, early days but my striker is shit hot 8 goals in 5. See how I get on.
    Who's your local club?