Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Betting Shop Manager of the Year

Just been reading the profiles of the finalists of Betting Shop Manager of the Year, in the Racing Post. Seems that 1 of the 8 finalists is a big Charlton fan, so thought I’d wish him all the best at tonight’s ceremony !

Comments

• Doesnt he post on here?
  • Curb_It said:
    Doesnt he post on here?

Affirmative
  • Just looked at the article.  I dont think it was the poster i was thinking of. 

But anyway very best of luck. 
  • I have no idea who the guy is, but given the age of him in the photo, it may be a little young for Bob Munro (no offence Bob !).
  • And I thought you were just a lowly payroll clerk in the HR dept....

• MrOneLung said:
    And I thought you were just a lowly payroll clerk in the HR dept....

I am now - but I do have ambition to become senior payroll clerk.
  • How do hou become the 'betting shop manager of the year' I wonder..??  Is it by the amount if money you take...??  The number of happy punters (which by its nature means you must be paying out and maybe losing money) ??.....or that your betting shop is clean & warm....??

Seems a daft accolade to win. Like 'employee of the month'. Awards for awards sake. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Aren't you self employed, Golfie? ;)  
  • edited November 2019
    How do hou become the 'betting shop manager of the year' I wonder..??  Is it by the amount if money you take...??  The number of happy punters (which by its nature means you must be paying out and maybe losing money) ??.....or that your betting shop is clean & warm....??

Seems a daft accolade to win. Like 'employee of the month'. Awards for awards sake. 

After seven months of competition we have reached the climax of the 2019 Racing Post/SIS Betting Shop Manager of the Year.

On Monday at the JW Marriott Grosvenor House hotel in London, one of the eight finalists will be crowned overall champion.

The judging panel, chaired by Brough Scott and including BHA chief executive Nick Rust, Helen Scott of SIS, industry expert Jim Cremin, Richard Hayler of the Independent Betting Adjudication Service, broadcaster Tanya Stevenson and myself, concluded its deliberations on Sunday night after the eight managers, along with a member of their staff, were grilled for one last time.

It was a difficult decision choosing an overall winner, but each manager will receive a commemorative Racing Post front page as regional champion.

The successful manager, as well as receiving the prestigious title, will win a VIP trip to one of Hong Kong’s major meetings next year, courtesy of the Hong Kong Jockey Club. This year’s special guest is TV personality and racing fan Chris Hughes.

This is the culmination of a journey that began in the spring with the major companies nominating their best managers from each of the eight regions.

At the same time, independent managers from across Britain and Ireland were encouraged to enter the competition.

These managers answered a question paper before the judges selected the 48 who were then subjected to a mystery shopper visit, which further narrowed the list.

We then invited 24 managers to spend a day at the races with the judges at Doncaster last month.

Now we’ve reached the final eight and each manager has written a profile of themselves, explaining their careers and how they relax away from their jobs.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/betting-shop-manager-of-the-year-introducing-the-final-eight-contenders/407217

• No idea if he posts on here but good luck Robert
    4-1 to win were best odds I could get

And if you don't win, you could always try your luck with Becky or Jayne.
  • They all seem to work for different companies. Nothing fishy going on there then!
    Robert if you do post on here any chance i can get a little bit more than a fiver on a 1/2 shot online 
  • Stig said:
    They all seem to work for different companies. Nothing fishy going on there then!
    Have a look at the companies that have won it over the last 2-3 years - you can eliminate them as it isn't their turn this year!
  • Sandra Gilmartin of Paddy Power in Cross Cheaping, Coventry, was on Monday announced as the new Racing Post/SIS Betting Shop Manager of the Year.
  • Seen him about. Hope he enjoyed his experience despite not winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Know him well, a good lad and certainly a character. Often seen in a suit in the pubs pre-game as he frequents boxes due to contacts. Did Gibraltar away with him and a few others a few years back.