Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Varney deal is done deal, Christiansen released (or not...)

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Chris Parkes quoted in KM that Varney definately gone. SSN report Christiansen released, the 250k fee quoted was I believe only payable once he made a first team appearance.

Comments

• still paid his wages for the past, what 2 years ??
  • Never, ever saw him. Are you sure he really existed and wasn't the footballing equivalent of the ghosting the print unions used to operate in Fleet Street where somebody signed on in a fictitious name and drew a pay cheque for an equally fictitious shift?

Or perhaps he was just Corey Gibbs in disguise?
  • didn't he play at Welling?
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]didn't he play at Welling?

yes
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]didn't he play at Welling?

yes

He played pretty bloody well too!
  • i think we need a good clearout of players who will never get their chance,Dean Sinclair next for me.
  • It must have been a fair few quid AFKA

His car was the bollox NLJR spotted it on its way down floyd road before Barnsley and asked who he was when i told him he had not and will not ever play for us he was amazed that he got paid at all let alone enough for his White well fast extreemly noisey Convertable Beemer
  • edited December 2008
    I thought he played very well against Welling too.

Perhaps Dickson has a similar clause in his contract - nothing paid until he starts a League game!!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]didn't he play at Welling?

yes

And at Ebbsfleet
  • maybe parky should have one you wont get paid until we win a game then see how much he wants the job if he dont take it let him resign
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I thought he played very well against Welling too.

Perhaps Dickson has a similar clause in his contract - nothing paid until he starts a League game!!

Dickson could have a league goals clause and we are worried he will socre them and we'll have to fork out. could make sense. shame if so
  • dont be daft, 50k to dulwich... and not alot else.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]dont be daft, 50k to dulwich... and not alot else.

Given his record at Gillingham probably now worth anything between 5 and 10 times that figure. Still not worth enough to get a League start with us though - we have to pay at least a million for that to happen.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]I thought he played very well against Welling too.

For Dickson it was £35k plus £15k after he makes a league appearance, so it's all been paid now.

And a 5% sell on clause to Dulwich.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]still paid his wages for the past, what 2 years ??

Saw him parking his car outside the ground at one evening game a couple of months back, very nice convertible mercedes it was too. Not bad for a player who failed to even make the bench!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Nug[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]still paid his wages for the past, what 2 years ??

Saw him parking his car outside the ground at one evening game a couple of months back, very nice convertible mercedes it was too. Not bad for a player who failed to even make the bench!!!!!

who?
  • edited December 2008
    Talking about Christensen isn't he?

Looking back he joined in March 2007, so has been here longer than most players.
  • is it a sad state of affairs that Fortune has been at our club the longest? Why oh why did we let Bougherra go?
  • Selling Bougherra was just as big a mistake as selling Reid.
  • The same reason M Bent and Faye went. They were on Prem wages and couldn't afford them anymore. Although Bougherra did perform much better than the aforementioned flops.
  • Sponsored links:

• All this "we can't afford Prem wages" is total bollox in my opinion.

Ist season in Championship we should have kept all the players we could - unless they requested to leave. Parachute paymnets would have covered some/most of the costs and any thing else would be covered by Sky money should we get promted (which would have been a damn site easier with Bougy, Reid, Bent (jnr) etc) than the crap we have now.

shortsightedness & panic has led is to this.
  • edited December 2008
    I actually agree with Golfie

Imagine it

Weaver
    Young--Bougherra--Fortune--Thatcher
    Ambrose-Holland---Reid--- Thomas
    D.Bent
    Varney

I seriously believe we could of gone up with that team --- Even under Pardew

;o) there ya go ;o)
  • ha ha you forgot to put a winky thing after that post mate..
  • Is this a fantasy football thread?
  • Christensen looked the business in the open training session held before the seasons opener- he actually looked like he could kick a ball and looked a lot fitter than most of the others- can't believe that was never given a chance
  • I think the fact that we appear to only be liable for the £250k explains why he hasn't been given any chance, even on the bench or in the Carling Cup.
  • [cite]Posted By: stubs1310[/cite]Christensen looked the business in the open training session held before the seasons opener- he actually looked like he could kick a ball and looked a lot fitter than most of the others- can't believe that was never given a chance

He looked lazy and disinterested when he came on in the Braga game
  • Chrisensen also played against Aldershot - looked poor, fast with no end product
  • He did go on loan to a Dutch team then was one of the several players that picked up a bad injury, so to be fair he was only around for the first half of last season, and has only played a few reserve games this year. He's already 21 though so if he hasn't developed from when we first signed him, he's getting too old to be waiting in the reserves.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]still paid his wages for the past, what 2 years ??[/quote]

Yet our board's not to blame for anything is it? (rolling eyes emoticon)