Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Yeah stats don't bode well and I'm not confident of a win but law of averages and all that? Really hope we win this one. Think it will be quite lively. COYRs!!
  • FUCK all the negativity. 
    We will beat the spanners tomorrow. 
    Done Deal 
    I am with you in the minority. Surely its about time. Didnt realise Bowyer scored in our last win against them. Its fate
    3 comments in a row. We have the majority.

Charlton Charlton we will boss them technically and we ain't short of graft 
  • robroy said:
    Is that stat true that we have only won 12/75 meetings. That’s shocking. 

Has to be the most one sided derby in England 
    Against little old smallwall
  • 23yrs! That has made me feel old remembering that. Euro 96 and all that El Tel with England
  • Valley11 said:
    Here we go again. We’re dipping in form, they’ve got a new manager. Millwall win, as standard.
    But we’re in the Championship. We won’t get relegated. Happy days. 
    A lot of people could learn a thing or two from this outlook. Highly commendable.
    Jeez fella

"Millwall win, as standard"

We've always been a class above ;) you tend to be more motivated in the league...

BUT

We usually only play you when we are on a downward slope cause you lot play at an inferior level of the football pyramid.

Now we got lee bowyer, the reds are going up.

(Smiley face, etc etc, all in the best spirit of sporting rivalry nothing more!)

We gonna win tomorrow. The only advantage you have is the home support. Bowyer hasn't assembled a squad that will crumble in the face of the Lions Roar 

• 23yrs! That has made me feel old remembering that. Euro 96 and all that El Tel with England
    Euro Final being held in England again next time

Its a sign
  • Looking forward (I think) to my first visit to the new Den tomorrow.

Amazingly, my record against Millwall isn’t too bad - but I have been living away for 25 years or so:

- unbeaten away (W1, D1)
    - undefeated in 40 years (since 2-4 at home in 1978/79 season)
    - up on wins overall since 1971 (W3, L2, lots of draws).

Did I miss anything while I was away?

• Visions of Lapslie away at Portsmouth are inexplicably floating around me, so I predict he will be involved in something because of that!
    Rule one, if we win the toss kick the 'wrong' way for them.
    Rule two, don't melt.
  • Valley11 said:
    Here we go again. We’re dipping in form, they’ve got a new manager. Millwall win, as standard.
    A lot of people could learn a thing or two from this outlook. Highly commendable.
    Jeez fella

We've always been a class above ;) you tend to be more motivated in the league...

BUT

We usually only play you when we are on a downward slope cause you lot play at an inferior level of the football pyramid.

(Smiley face, etc etc, all in the best spirit of sporting rivalry nothing more!)

We gonna win tomorrow. The only advantage you have is the home support. Bowyer hasn't assembled a squad that will crumble in the face of the Lions Roar 

In all honesty I was supposed to highlight the last paragraph only. That's the reason it's turned in to the monster it has ;)
    Done Deal 
    No ifs or buts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Buzzing for this 2mo.  Last time I went was in Dec 95 when we won 2-0.  Bowyer will have done his homework and have them fired up.  WBA and Fulham were quality away days with sell out away ends, expect the same tomorrow.  

Can’t wait 
  • Valley11 said:
    Jeez fella

BUT

In all honesty I was supposed to highlight the last paragraph only. That's the reason it's turned in to the monster it has ;)
    Given your usual excellent ability to write in the correct way, I believe you 100%. 

No irony there.

I am well excited about tomorrow. What's been going on with yous mob recently is lovely.

I have to admire yous mob as regards challenging Regen Cayman Island thieves that tried to cream money intended for homes and amenities for working people in Bermondsey. The one thing that makes oh oh charlton special is the fight for the ground. That's GOAT for fans and therefore makes Charlton the greatest football team there has ever been. On the pitch, we won a cup and only the Nazis denied us the bread and butter Div 1 title.

Show a better example? Not possible. Nothing compares to the Valley Party.

Except now 'king Millwall. You done something similar. Collectivised and fought hard in a very intelligent way. Fought the political establishment and Stone Island don't help with that. Neither do Thermos 

Please god let the money we have as a society now be spent well in bermondsey and isle of dogs. Your chairman is an asset and welcome guest in SE London, he has done well for Lewisham. Props.

I never really criticise Millwall for being the most violent of football environments because there is a valid reason associated with the environment and history the club followed. I do give allowances that a club formed by dockers and stevedores may be more confrontational than most. That's intrinsic but the subsequent neglect of that part of london is an even better justification why 100 years of history is still relevant today.

In the modern era, similar malarkey appeared on TV in the Cup Final of all places. A cheeky happy nicked a coppers hat and it transpired he lived with his mum. The audacity of starting trouble at Wembley post-2000 is striking.

Charlton Woolwich Lewisham Thamesmead Catford Bermondsey etc etc are not comparable to Blackheath & Greenwich.

This part of SE has been split like this for several generations and therefore will have a demonstrable effect on human behaviour.  Good people, good Charlton people cant fathom some of the naughtiness that people can make the mistake of romanticising. The difference in the average make up of the fans of the two clubs is huge and this just doesn't make sense until you look at the wealth and opportunity issues. 

Interested if it's just me that thinks the crowd at the Valley is ridiculously more diverse than the Den? 

Diversity where I use here means class and wealth in this example cause it's now 2019 and we've evolved to realise all other discrimination is pretty ducking pointless. :)

I certainly see a huge difference in the crowd at the Den. You got put a hoop over 70ish% of the crowd and their wealth opportunities would be very similar. In SE london it is wealth that best measures the reason social stereotypes ring true.

Violence is shit end of. Going to war in trenches is shit end of. Don't judge a man who has grown up in a more hostile environment because you may find him coarse. We all have a responsibility to be more accepting of everyone else we share the planet with. Be a geek and boast amongst fellas about how accepting and tolerant we's all can be
    them. You know... Nice things like trainspotting ;)

Well excited about tomorrow hence the essay. Complete ramble but my point is everyone that is going, don't start beef. Let's watch the football and no violence between fans please. 

Don't nobody trash the away end. Millwall and Charlton fans have no reason to fight, we can do all that nicely on the pitch. You Lions - don't be goading away fans about anything but the football in and around the ground.

It will all go off nicely. 2-0.Charlton and none of the nonsense from last time. 

• Valley11 said:
    Jeez fella

BUT

Given your usual excellent ability to write in the correct way, I believe you 100%. 

No irony there.

I am well excited about tomorrow. What's been going on with yous mob recently is lovely.

I have to admire yous mob as regards challenging Regen Cayman Island thieves that tried to cream money intended for homes and amenities for working people in Bermondsey. The one thing that makes oh oh charlton special is the fight for the ground. That's GOAT for fans and therefore makes Charlton the greatest football team there has ever been. On the pitch, we won a cup and only the Nazis denied us the bread and butter Div 1 title.

Except now 'king Millwall. You done something similar. Collectivised and fought hard in a very intelligent way. Fought the political establishment and Stone Island don't help with that. Neither do Thermos 

Please god let the money we have as a society now be spent well in bermondsey and isle of dogs. Your chairman is an asset and welcome guest in SE London, he has done well for Lewisham. Props.

I never really criticise Millwall for being the most violent of football environments because there is a valid reason associated with the environment and history the club followed. I do give allowances that a club formed by dockers and stevedores may be more confrontational than most. That's intrinsic but the subsequent neglect of that part of london is an even better justification why 100 years of history is still relevant today.

In the modern era, similar malarkey appeared on TV in the Cup Final of all places. A cheeky happy nicked a coppers hat and it transpired he lived with his mum. The audacity of starting trouble at Wembley post-2000 is striking.

Charlton Woolwich Lewisham Thamesmead Catford Bermondsey etc etc are not comparable to Blackheath & Greenwich.

This part of SE has been split like this for several generations and therefore will have a demonstrable effect on human behaviour.  Good people, good Charlton people cant fathom some of the naughtiness that people can make the mistake of romanticising. The difference in the average make up of the fans of the two clubs is huge and this just doesn't make sense until you look at the wealth and opportunity issues. 

Interested if it's just me that thinks the crowd at the Valley is ridiculously more diverse than the Den? 

Diversity where I use here means class and wealth in this example cause it's now 2019 and we've evolved to realise all other discrimination is pretty ducking pointless. :)

I certainly see a huge difference in the crowd at the Den. You got put a hoop over 70ish% of the crowd and their wealth opportunities would be very similar. In SE london it is wealth that best measures the reason social stereotypes ring true.

Violence is shit end of. Going to war in trenches is shit end of. Don't judge a man who has grown up in a more hostile environment because you may find him coarse. We all have a responsibility to be more accepting of everyone else we share the planet with. Be a geek and boast amongst fellas about how accepting and tolerant we's all can be

Well excited about tomorrow hence the essay. Complete ramble but my point is everyone that is going, don't start beef. Let's watch the football and no violence between fans please. 

Don't nobody trash the away end. Millwall and Charlton fans have no reason to fight, we can do all that nicely on the pitch. You Lions - don't be goading away fans about anything but the football in and around the ground.

It will all go off nicely. 2-0.Charlton and none of the nonsense from last time. 

Love it. Pass the joint
    Done Deal 
    Imminently?
  • Valley11 said:
    Jeez fella

BUT

No irony there.

WTAF.
  • Would trade 2 5-0 losses for the Cardiff and Luton games for a win against Millwall
  • edited November 2019
    Valley11 said:
    Jeez fella

BUT

No irony there.

No one likes them.

For a reason.
  • robroy said:
    Is that stat true that we have only won 12/75 meetings. That’s shocking. 

Has to be the most one sided derby in England 
    Against little old smallwall
    Small clubs always raise their game in their cup final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bunch of 14 year olds in the home end spend the entire game 'giving it' to the away fans.
    A few seats are ripped out in the away end and thrown.
    At least 1 red flare is chucked from the upper tier.
    Away toilets are smashed up.
    Scrappy game on the pitch, ends 1-1.
  • Already depressed. 3-0 spanners.  
  • well, because of all you johnny come latelys i wasn't able to purchase a ticket. which gives me hope that maybe, just maybe, we will beat the bastards. 
  • Just getting over nasty stomach bug, was not gonna come. But thought if I stayed at home we would win. 

So I’m on a 4hr train down (we love trains). With the fear of farting. 

I was there when it snowed! But also for all the bottled times. 

I just hope we finally turn up to one of these games!!! Gutted to be without Williams and Taylor 
  • I've ever seen us lose away from home, and I'll be there this afternoon. COYA.
  • It’s the day of reckoning...n I reckon it’s gonna be that day,we finally turn the Wall over 2-1 with a Gallagher thunder bolt & a deflection off Aneke’s  backside in the final minutes...then we manage to hang on...Bowyer then does the SCP crossbar swing...

SIMPLES...🤞🏻

Cmon U Addicks
  • enjoy it all ye who enter the lions den, if ye can .. I'm sure this time we will be rewarded with at least a point .. come on youse Addicksaaaaaa !!
  • if we win tomorrow i am going to get the winning goal scorers name tatoo'd on my arse
    For your sake I hope it's not an own goal by a Spanner.

For all other CAFC fans I hope it is.
  • Well if this is Millwall's Cup Final,

Let this be Cafc play-off Final.

• edited November 2019
    I trust any team Bowyer picks over mine, but I'd like to see us try to go out and beat them. Trying to out battle them will play into their hands I fear. I'd like to see Sarr and Oztumer starting.