Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I can imagine me saying aloud tomorrow afternoon, 'Of course we're 1-0 down. OF COURSE WE ARE!' then kicking the washing machine. Then hurting my toe after kicking the washing machine just as the second Millwall goal goes in.
  • I like Bowyer and the team but even without all the injuries, i would be expecting to go over there and see a defeat. With the injuries, i'm virtually certain of defeat but you just never know, hence why i keep going
  • I don't think I've ever been so uninterested in the derby.

I feel in recent weeks we've run out of legs and rotation options meaning we have lost our edge just in time for this game.

Them 3-0
    Sadly have to agree with this. Young players like Gallagher should not have to play 90m every game. He has looked a bit off it recently. Bonne is still adjusting and a few bad games could knock him back a lot. We have been lucky so far with injuries to the defence, otherwise we would be further down the table. The chronic lack of fitness of Hemed and Aneke have been exposed, given Taylor's injury. Bowyer has no striking options on the bench, and without Williams too much is falling on Gallagher and an unconvincing Oztumer in the attacking midfield.

If not for the injuries we should have been looking to a good run against sides lower in the division after a tough run. But injuries have made that less likely-and we could have a bunch  of suspensions coming up.

A good owner would be looking to strengthen the attack in January. Just saying.
  • you say unconvincing but 2 games ago we played better or equal to west brom, the league leaders at their place. Oztumer had a cracking game there. We were only suspect at the back and the wingbacks not getting back (as millwall fans have pointed out), baggies had worked us out.  Plus Kayal is back to fitness and the young striker made his debut v baggies so could be an option!
  • Will Stuwall be there or did someone else buy his seat?
  • Millwall vs Charlton also selected for super 6 this weekend.
  • Never seen us win at Millwall (either ground) and quite expecting that trend to continue.

Expect us to be bullied by their team & their fans & for us to maintain our usual binary score against them. 

2-0 & we will spend more time waiting to get out than our team did attacking.

Sadly, I have the same expectation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope none of the players are reading this thread,it will hardly give them confidence so im going for a 5-1 win for us,COYR
  • edited November 2019
    Hope none of the players are reading this thread,it will hardly give them confidence so im going for a 5-1 win for us,COYR
    Well they should pull their fucking finger out then!

If most of us as fans had not been totally embarrassed by successive "no shows" over countless years...

C'mon lads carve a footnote in the history of Addickdom.
  • Sod it...i'm positive about this.

3-1 Charlton (Gallagher, Bonnex2)
  • BBC preview: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50271674.  Stats don’t make for pleasant reading...especially the last one.
  • cafc-west said:
    BBC preview: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50271674.  Stats don’t make for pleasant reading...especially the last one.
    f f s .. I knew it was bad, but nowhere near that bad
  • Gary Rowett interview

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-boss-gary-rowett-charlton-was-the-most-frustrating-spell-of-my-playing-career-injury-forced-me-to-retire-as-i-hit-my-prime/

“It’s probably my biggest frustration, in truth. It was frustrating for Charlton fans, because you’ve signed a player you think is going to play and looking from the outside they think that he is just injury prone. But I’d hardly been injured before then.”

“It was tough. You almost feel guilty in that situation – because you’ve signed for a club who have wanted you for so long. Curbs had signed me to play with Richard Rufus – quite a good combination.The two of us retired with the same injury within the space of a couple of weeks."

Owes us a favour then... :)

In all honesty Rowett is someone I've always liked when he was a player with us and as a Manager - Would happily have him in charge here one day
    I wouldn't.
  • bobmunro said:
    Gary Rowett interview

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-boss-gary-rowett-charlton-was-the-most-frustrating-spell-of-my-playing-career-injury-forced-me-to-retire-as-i-hit-my-prime/

“It’s probably my biggest frustration, in truth. It was frustrating for Charlton fans, because you’ve signed a player you think is going to play and looking from the outside they think that he is just injury prone. But I’d hardly been injured before then.”

“It was tough. You almost feel guilty in that situation – because you’ve signed for a club who have wanted you for so long. Curbs had signed me to play with Richard Rufus – quite a good combination.The two of us retired with the same injury within the space of a couple of weeks."

Owes us a favour then... :)

In all honesty Rowett is someone I've always liked when he was a player with us and as a Manager - Would happily have him in charge here one day
    I wouldn't.
    Knowing our luck the coach would get injured!
  • Bonne will be raring to go and make amends for that air shot against Preston. He'll grab the opener and we'll win 3-0.
  • I was positive a month ago, but not now.
    2-1 to Millwall.

The good news is I'm usually wrong.
  • Here we go again. We’re dipping in form, they’ve got a new manager. Millwall win, as standard.
    But we’re in the Championship. We won’t get relegated. Happy days. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Here we go again. We’re dipping in form, they’ve got a new manager. Millwall win, as standard.
    But we’re in the Championship. We won’t get relegated. Happy days. 
    A lot of people could learn a thing or two from this outlook. Highly commendable.
  • Is that stat true that we have only won 12/75 meetings. That’s shocking. 

Has to be the most one sided derby in England 
  • El SuperPie&Mash-io

23 years of hurt.

One constant. Lee Bowyer  

2-0 Charlton (Bonne, Gallagher)
  • v Millwall

Games won:12
    Games drawn:27
    Games lost:35

• Lets just be honest here. 4-0 Millwall. We again do not turn up. We then watch the flat cap brigade dancing to Status Quo for an hour before they finally leave the ground for the police to then let us leave.
  • FUCK all the negativity. 
    We will beat the spanners tomorrow. 
    Done Deal 
    I am with you in the minority. Surely its about time. Didnt realise Bowyer scored in our last win against them. Its fate