Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking for Millwall

Anyone got any suggestions as to where I can park for the game tomorrow? NCP or something like that would be fine

Comments

• Trading estate off of Ilderton Road is your best bet.  It's safe and quite close to the ground.
  • Surrey Quays shopping centre.

or

Queens Road, Peckham. Then one stop to South Bermondsey.

• Are these pay as you go?  or is it a shopping centre with parking restrictions on matchdays?

Happy to pay to park - I just can't walk for with my dodgy knee
  • Swisdom said:
    Are these pay as you go?  or is it a shopping centre with parking restrictions on matchdays?

Happy to pay to park - I just can't walk for with my dodgy knee

Surrey Quays shopping centre is free for 4hrs. There's then a fine imposed for overstaying.
  • edited November 2019
    Probably best not to drive, they are playing Charlton so the roads will be packed with Millwall bandwagons...it’s their cup final 
  • There are a number of ways of getting to the ground, but the most straightforward, if not the shortest in distance is to follow the A2 into London from Junction 2 of the M25. The A2 actually passes the ground. Once you go past New Cross Gate tube station on your right the ground is about a mile further on. The only awkward bit is about half way in-between New Cross Gate and the ground where the road splits into two. Keep to the right following the signs A2 City/Westminster. You will come to the ground on your right. Street parking can be found on the small estate on your left just past the ground, otherwise, be wary of on street parking restrictions around the area of the ground so check lamp posts for signage. There are no sizeable car parks around the ground (typical British Planning!). There is also the option of renting a private driveway near the Den via YourParkingSpace.co.uk.
    this is curtsey of the Footbal Ground Guide, looks like very little parking near the ground.
  • make sure you leave your charlton flag in the window
    Probably safer if you swap it for a West Ham flag
  • Driving wouldn't even enter my mind, that area is absolute carnage on a Saturday afternoon / evening, and that's without the football. 
  • Usually always spaces in New Cross in the roads in the area behind the five bells, either on or just off Camplin Street. Then it’s just a ten minute walk down Cold Blow Lane, and Mercury Way (you can cut through the estate where the old ground used to be to save a few minutes, just follow the crowds) then across Surrey Canal Road and the grounds there. piece of piss. 
  • Sponsored links:

• And there’s no permits or tickets needed there 
  • ...be like Alan the Anorak -

• ...be like Alan the Anorak -

Oi! I never gave you permission to print a picture of me - it's copyright!
  • Please tell me thats either photoshop or fancy dress?
  • Driving wouldn't even enter my mind, that area is absolute carnage on a Saturday afternoon / evening, and that's without the football. 
    No true Charlton fan would ever consider anything other than a train when visiting the Toolbox.
  • Please tell me thats either photoshop or fancy dress?
    Millwank getting excited on Lion TV mate
  • Image result for tin foil fa cup
    Make sure you leave one of these on show so they think your a spanner
  • make sure you leave your charlton flag in the window

An alternative to driving to a Ford or Vauxhall garage to take advantage of their scrappage scheme :-)
  • I've always gone along Deptford & when gry to the one way bit by Macdonald's take a left & park around the housing estate. Just a short (less than 10 min walk) to the ground. The only problem is that it does bring you out by the home end & have to walk all the way around the ground to get to the away end.

This time I'm going by train. Hopefully might break my jinx......
  • MillwallFan said: then across Surrey Canal Road and the grounds there. Smells of piss
    Fixed it for you