Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall v Charlton | Sat 9 Nov | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I have a feeling we won't win this one either, but we'll get a point .. I've stated my favoured team in the 'Team for the Toolbox' post

Millwall 1 v CAFC 1 .. whatever the score, whatever the circumstance, THIS is always a very special game .. pity is, I can't make it this time round ((:<)
  • "[Lyle Taylor] has just had another injection the other day. So now it’s just a case of letting that settle down and building him up over the next couple of weeks. I was just speaking to the physio; we’ll be looking to have him training with us in the lead up to the Millwall game. The target was Preston and that didn’t happen. So, we’ve just got to be careful. If you try to rush him back too soon then he could break down and be out for another six weeks and you don’t want that."

Still think that middle sentence about him training with the team in the lead up to Millwall is promising??... With Hemed and Aneke out would be tempted to have him on the bench, even if he can only play 10 mins.
  • "[Lyle Taylor] has just had another injection the other day. So now it’s just a case of letting that settle down and building him up over the next couple of weeks. I was just speaking to the physio; we’ll be looking to have him training with us in the lead up to the Millwall game. The target was Preston and that didn’t happen. So, we’ve just got to be careful. If you try to rush him back too soon then he could break down and be out for another six weeks and you don’t want that."

Still think that middle sentence about him training with the team in the lead up to Millwall is promising??... With Hemed and Aneke out would be tempted to have him on the bench, even if he can only play 10 mins.
    Definitely no unless he is 100%+ .. I've said this is a special game BUT essentially it is just another game with 6 months left in the season and a lot more important games to come .. to bring Taylor back as a 'chance' as a 'risk' is simply not worth the aforesaid risk

Definitely no unless he is 100%+ .. I've said this is a special game BUT essentially it is just another game with 6 months left in the season and a lot more important games to come .. to bring Taylor back as a 'chance' as a 'risk' is simply not worth the aforesaid risk
    You're absolutely right and I had resigned myself to that fact until I read that line and my heart got the better of my head!
  • With LT I'd have been fairly confident of some kind of result, but even without I think CG and Leko could make it a great result 1-2.
  • A big game for Cullen, as a West Ham player and fan! An interesting interview with him in the Preston Programme, as he was a ballboy at Upton Park during the infamous cup tie 10 years against Millwall, the one with riots outside and pitch invasions during the game.

After that game, Saturday will be a piece of cake!
  •  Gallagher makes himself a Charlton legend mom performance and a winner to cap it off
  • What on earth is wrong with Hemed?  Don’t know why we bothered. 
  •  Gallagher makes himself a Charlton legend mom performance and a winner to cap it off
    In the words of another Gallagher, “ & after all, you’re are shit millwall.”
  • Never seen us win at Millwall (either ground) and quite expecting that trend to continue.

Expect us to be bullied by their team & their fans & for us to maintain our usual binary score against them. 

2-0 & we will spend more time waiting to get out than our team did attacking.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-0 to the Addicks, Gallagher and Bonne.

• 1-1 Draw Aneke
  • Got no confidence of winning this, Millwall are the sort of "no nonsense" team we struggle against. 

Looking at our recent record, amongst the dispiriting defeats, there have been a number of 0-0s. Indeed after the madness of 09/10 (4-4 and 0-4), 4 of the next 8 matches have been goalless. Most depressingly, in those 8 games we've scored TWO goals
    Since the 4-4
    we went 6 games without scoring against them
    Thats 2 goals in the last 9 fixtures against them 
    That’s beyond pathetic 
    Law of averages... we were saving them all up for this season.

As @happyvalley said: comfortable away win 4-0.

Gallagher x2, Pratley and Oztumer with his first Addicks goal.
  • any specific away pub we have been allocated (assuming in the LDN bridge area?
    Don't think any team gets allocated an away pub at Millwall 
  • Named the First 11 already. 
  • Scoham said:
    We’ll take a 1-0 lead. They’ll hit the post and the bar. Minute by minute more of us will think “this is our year”.

Once too many think that way things will turn. We’ll get a red card, an injury and concede an equaliser.

Late on we’ll go through on goal, certain to score but it’ll be incorrectly given as offside.

We’ll then give away a late penalty and have to listen to “you’ll never beat Millwall” for the remaining 4 minutes. Those watching online will spot the ref blew the final whistle with 4 seconds remaining (we had just taken a throw in our own half with no chance of scoring).

Post match views will be all about the referee and the “trouble at Millwall” thread will reach 30+ pages.

You forgot about the tales of how families were attacked, spat at and subjected to an onslaught of profanities by grown men with no teeth.

There'll then be a support group set up to help traumatised fans who struggle to deal with words they don't like and hand gestures that die the moment they're ignored.

These tales will go down in folklore for many future generations to laud over and regale to wide eyed listeners.

• I really do hope we beat them, i dont think i can take anymore abuse off of my plastic millwall mates anymore..... all in all, another loss to these & more abuse coming my way!
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think I've ever been so uninterested in the derby.

I feel in recent weeks we've run out of legs and rotation options meaning we have lost our edge just in time for this game.

Them 3-0
  • edited November 2019
    We could be Manchester City and them Bath City and i’d still be confident of it going down the plug hole.

anyone who confidently thinks we’ll win this fixture is either very young bless em or needs their bumps felt.

they have been absolute toilet in a few games over the last few years yet we’ve still never managed to capitalise. 

Normally this game dominates my head for the whole week beforehand. Got a huge amount going on at the mo and it’s barely been on my radar.  Been a strange muted feeling. 

Good luck to all those going. 
  • Good piece of history on the fixture by moody, s charlton obsessed millwall fan  on millwall board - shame he chooses to ignore one of our golden periods pre 1958 in all his stats -whether in crowds or league positions -  no point going to the lengths he does and not coming up with the answers u want I guess 
  • The travelling Addicks have sold out the North Stand at one end of the ground, with only the top tier made available to fans. The view of the action is good with decent leg room. Supporters should exercise caution if wearing colours in areas close to the ground, while fans travelling by train can access the ground via a dedicated walkway for away supporters which takes you directly to and from the away end from South Bermondsey Station.

Supporters should be prepared for the possibility that they may be held back inside the ground after the game. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5dc521ee54ee6/away-day-guide-the-den

• Got no confidence of winning this, Millwall are the sort of "no nonsense" team we struggle against. 

Looking at our recent record, amongst the dispiriting defeats, there have been a number of 0-0s. Indeed after the madness of 09/10 (4-4 and 0-4), 4 of the next 8 matches have been goalless. Most depressingly, in those 8 games we've scored TWO goals
    Since the 4-4
    we went 6 games without scoring against them
    Thats 2 goals in the last 9 fixtures against them 
    That’s beyond pathetic 
    Law of averages... we were saving them all up for this season.

As @happyvalley said: comfortable away win 4-0.

Gallagher x2, Pratley and Oztumer with his first Addicks goal.
    To make up for all the previous defeats, we'd need to win 30-0...
  • We could be Manchester City and them Bath City and i’d still be confident of it going down the plug hole.

anyone who confidently thinks we’ll win this fixture is either very young bless em or needs their bumps felt.

they have been absolute toilet in a few games over the last few years yet we’ve still never managed to capitalise. 

Normally this game dominates my head for the whole week beforehand. Got a huge amount going on at the mo and it’s barely been on my radar.  Been a strange muted feeling. 

Good luck to all those going. 
    is that an offer? asking for a friend
  • 1-1 late equaliser for us.
  • if we win tomorrow i am going to get the winning goal scorers name tatoo'd on my arse