Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aneke

Not quite working out is it. He was subbed at half time during the U23 game due to injury. 

Comments

• Options
    I know we've signed him, unfortunately?
  • Options
    I linked to the previous thread as I don't believe you have come up with a title or post that warrants a whole new discussion around Aneke, especially when there is a perfectly viable post on the forum already.

• Options
    Wasnt there the element of risk when we signed him that he was a bit injury prone?

i.e. Didnt he fail a medical at Queens Park Rangers just before signing for us
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Sounds like he could do with a change of career by travelling the country in a blue, elongated converted horse transporter whilst undertaking community based schemes.

A name for it escapes me, though.

• Options
    Mobile Librarian?
  • Options
    He's flashed quality but I haven't seen anything positive from him for a couple of months. I'd prefer to recall Morgan and have his direct running coming off the bench as Aneke looks totally off the pace.
  • Options

Sounds like he could do with a change of career by travelling the country in a blue, elongated converted horse transporter whilst undertaking community based schemes.

There is a part of me that thinks we should call him Challenge, though I haven't the faintest idea why...

Old age, I think.
  • Options
    Loads of talent but he isn't good enough to get away with how unfit he is. 

He needs to lose a stone, get lean and then he could push on. 

That is why he hasn't yet fulfilled the potential he showed as a youth. Was the hottest prospect in the Country at 15.

Bit like gazza. The XS timber doesn't mean he cant perform over 90, but it does mean he cant string more than 7 games together.

• Options
    Loads of talent but he isn't good enough to get away with how unfit he is. 

He needs to lose a stone, get lean and then he could push on. 

That is why he hasn't yet fulfilled the potential he showed as a youth. Was the hottest prospect in the Country at 15.

Bit like gazza. The XS timber doesn't mean he cant perform over 90, but it does mean he cant string more than 7 games together.

Agree but then who else could we afford? We we're trying to attract Championship-quality players whilst paying them third tier wages. What did you expect?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the copycat Taylor hairdo is just so not him ((:>) .. and he hasn't improved at all during his Valley stay (so far I hope)
  • Options
    the copycat Taylor hairdo is just so not him ((:>) .. and he hasn't improved at all during his Valley stay (so far I hope)
    In his defense, he's been unfit and hasn't started a game for us yet. Plus, it's only been a few months
  • Options

He's so strong and wins pretty much all of his aerial battles, seems to provide a lot of flick ons. Because we haven't been as direct this season, we aren't really playing to his strengths.

Also as others have stated, when he's constantly coming on when we're behind with 10mins to go, it's difficult to fully judge him I'd say.

I like him, and think he will be useful to us throughout the season.

this
  • Options
    He looked good when he came on at Reading and won us the penalty.
  • Options
    Have complete faith he will come good, very good in fact.  May take a season or more but once he is fit he will do very well
  • Options
    Have complete faith he will come good, very good in fact.  May take a season or more but once he is fit he will do very well

Knowing our luck , he'll probably be playing for someone else by then.

(Do agree by the way )

• Options
    Watching Aneke early on he was the signing I was most confident about - not worked out so far.
  • Options

He's so strong and wins pretty much all of his aerial battles, seems to provide a lot of flick ons. Because we haven't been as direct this season, we aren't really playing to his strengths.

Also as others have stated, when he's constantly coming on when we're behind with 10mins to go, it's difficult to fully judge him I'd say.

I like him, and think he will be useful to us throughout the season.

Whilst this has been true of his appearances for us, Bowyer stated during the transfer window that he was brought in to play as an attacking midfielder - that his strengths lay with the ball at his feet as a creator and a goal scorer. I agree he needs time but based on Bowyer's comments, playing directly wouldn't necessarily be playing to his strengths.
  • Options

Is that your team bus?