Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton match tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• The point system we use is not all wrong. From the first 4 tiers, it's fine. The only wrong thing is putting 'any' VG member regardless of the number of points high up at tier 5. They should be put in at the stage it comes down to their number of points. If it were like that the system would be not entirely perfect (as you cannot ever in life please everyone) but it would be better.
    No-one seems to want to answer this question, but it is salient so I'll ask you too. 

If you'd paid for priority, what would your response be if you didn't get it? 
  • edited November 2019
    rikofold said:
    The point system we use is not all wrong. From the first 4 tiers, it's fine. The only wrong thing is putting 'any' VG member regardless of the number of points high up at tier 5. They should be put in at the stage it comes down to their number of points. If it were like that the system would be not entirely perfect (as you cannot ever in life please everyone) but it would be better.
    No-one seems to want to answer this question, but it is salient so I'll ask you too. 

I don't think anyone disputes that Valley gold should get priority tickets but to come straight into the 4th phase is wrong imo, especially for the people who have only joined in the last few months, personally think Valley gold should start with same points as season ticket holders and earn points the same as everyone else so they are still getting an advantage if they are regular travellers. 
  • rikofold said:
    The point system we use is not all wrong. From the first 4 tiers, it's fine. The only wrong thing is putting 'any' VG member regardless of the number of points high up at tier 5. They should be put in at the stage it comes down to their number of points. If it were like that the system would be not entirely perfect (as you cannot ever in life please everyone) but it would be better.

I don't think anyone disputes that Valley gold should get priority tickets but to come straight into the 4th phase is wrong imo, especially for the people who have only joined in the last few months, personally think Valley gold should start with same points as season ticket holders and earn points the same as everyone else so they are still getting an advantage if they are regular travellers. 
    But that's not priority then is it? If most VG are also season ticket holders then what incentive would that give them to remain a part of VG
  • clive said:
    rikofold said:

As i've mentioned previously the 'priority' 30 years ago cost the same money as now,as prices have risen considerably since then,people should not expect the same priorities unless they are prepared a higher price.
    I am a valley Gold 'member'.
    That's not the deal though is it.  If you're asked for £120 and are promised ticket priority in return, you would rightly baulk at being told that you wouldn't actually get it.  The price is the price, regardless of what it was 30 years ago. 
  • rikofold said:

As a season ticket holder for over 20 years I'll put the question back to you.
    I might be being dense, but I'm not quite sure what point you're making.  I do note that yet again I don't get an answer to it - perhaps because the answer's obvious really, isn't it.

The loyalty scheme affords season ticket holders points for the last 2 years, so those who bought a season ticket for the first time last year are, for the purposes of the scheme, considered as loyal as you.  Priority is afforded under the loyalty scheme as a result of accumulated points.

Valley Gold isn't afforded any loyalty points.  It's not really part of the scheme in that way. Members get priority because it's one of the benefits for which they pay.  If they don't get that priority then that's not right, is it.  

The real point here though is that regardless of who holds what priority, it's pretty rare for tickets not to go to general sale.  That is everyone with priority almost always has the option to buy before it goes to general sale.  This argument mostly addresses who's first in the queue, not who gets tickets.  And for that the club gets credit as the tiering clearly does its job.
  • So a season ticket holder for 20 years has less priority than a valley gold member 
  • Sponsored links:

• Where does:

- 65 CAFC points;
    - 7,500 CL points and
    - £40 i spent on my boy and girls Junior Reds memberships

get me in the line...
  • My question would be why does a season ticket holder get priority over regular away followers?

I’d say a fair cut would be:

Class 1: away tickets 20 points each over last 2 seasons (max 23x2x20 = 920 for league games but as we aren’t 2 years in yet this doesn’t work yet and may need scaling.

Class 2: season tickets: 300 points a year over 2 years max 600 points

Class 3 valley gold:

immediate priority below 600 points and maybe additional priority in classes 1 and 3 but really this is worth nothing as no way those classes will sell out

Class 4: 

other points based stuff. 

• edited November 2019
    Using 2 seasons always when we are only part way through the season does not work.

should use last seasons and then add (away games to date/ away games to come)*points this season.

oh bugger that’s a very numbers way of writing it. 

Edit: and also wrong as it should be 

(away games to be played in 2019/2020 season/away games played to date in 2019/2020 season) x current away points

I’m going to stop now 😫
  • Surely the top tier should have been those who attended the infamous 7-1 at Kenilworth Road? As long as you had a ticket stub to prove it.
  • Surely the top tier should have been those who attended the infamous 7-1 at Kenilworth Road? As long as you had a ticket stub to prove it.
    Nah top tier should be those of us who went to the 4-0 defeat at Millwall a few years ago
  • rikofold said:

As a season ticket holder for over 20 years I'll put the question back to you.
    Bingo.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    rikofold said:
    clive said:
    rikofold said:

As i've mentioned previously the 'priority' 30 years ago cost the same money as now,as prices have risen considerably since then,people should not expect the same priorities unless they are prepared a higher price.
    I am a valley Gold 'member'.
    That's not the deal though is it.  If you're asked for £120 and are promised ticket priority in return, you would rightly baulk at being told that you wouldn't actually get it.  The price is the price, regardless of what it was 30 years ago. 
    Im Valley gold and i think its a joke that my priority for a luton ticket is not the fact ive done 18 aways last season and this season but its because ive got Valley gold
    Nail on head mate.
  • rikofold said:

It should not have been offered in the first place.

COUNTLESS times I have met VG members who have not done an away all season at the expense of the away game regulars.

My money says there would be a drastic reduction in VG members if they were not able to get priority for the rare away they want to do.

• So a season ticket holder for 20 years has less priority than a valley gold member 
    It's not VG's fault that the club have a loyalty scheme covering 2 seasons only. I've had a season ticket for 27 years, for the points system the first 25 don't count. Nor does being a VIP anymore. What about if you've been in VG for the 30 years?

Is it possible for the club to offer Away Season Tickets? I'm sure we used to.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think rikofold sums it up really in (my words) VG members signed up to a scheme that gives ticket priority so that's what they get and the club look to be deciding game by game (i guess based on expected sales to the differing points groups) where that needs to sit so that they maintain their priority. If we were playing away to a team that gave us 10,000 tickets I suspect VG would we considerably lower down the points list.
  • Can we have a show of hands of those on here who are valley gold and signed up for ticket priority.
    I didnt.
  • Scrap ticket priority for Valley Gold and have it as a fundraiser for the academy only. 
  • Of course, we have not started on the fact the higher priced season tickets should get more points than say the Covered End lower.... 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    So a season ticket holder for 20 years has less priority than a valley gold member 
    It's not VG's fault that the club have a loyalty scheme covering 2 seasons only. I've had a season ticket for 27 years, for the points system the first 25 don't count. Nor does being a VIP anymore. What about if you've been in VG for the 30 years?

Is it possible for the club to offer Away Season Tickets? I'm sure we used to.

I can see both sides of the argument, but I think rikofold sums it up really in (my words) VG members signed up to a scheme that gives ticket priority so that's what they get and the club look to be deciding game by game (i guess based on expected sales to the differing points groups) where that needs to sit so that they maintain their priority. If we were playing away to a team that gave us 10,000 tickets I suspect VG would we considerably lower down the points list.
    So wtf was there no priority sale for West Brom?  
  • MrOneLung said:
    Of course, we have not started on the fact the higher priced season tickets should get more points than say the Covered End lower.... 
    And so it goes on.
  • rikofold said:
    No, I meant  what I said, or do you not sit on the board of VG?  What you do with your money is your own business.

No one is disputing VG should get priority for tickets, almost everyone who does not work for VG seems to think current VG priority is too high, including current VG members.

At what point might you consider the fact you've got this wrong? IMO VG should give as many points as a season ticket, the fact it gives essentially double is, imo, ridiculous.
    As I said to JH2 above, it is essentially a different priority scheme. I understand why people draw comparisons but it doesn't make them valid.

Edit:  by everyone, you mean everyone who expressed an opinion on this thread - which even with that qualifier isn't true. Not sure even then you can extrapolate that to 1900 VG members, at least some of whom joined for ticket priority. 

Let me ask you a simple question, interested in your reply. If you paid £120 and was promised ticket priority, what would your response be if you didn't receive it? 
    Who is suggesting removing priority, just lowering it to a more reasonable level.