Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Broadband advice

So after 10 years with TalkTalk it looks like I am finally leaving them, my contract is over in December just done a live chat to see what they can offer.

I am currently paying £39.95 a month

£17.95 for Broadband
£4 for talktalk tv
£18 for Skysports(thats only because it was on offer for 6 months normaly get rid after the 6 months)

Anyway on the livechat the best they could offer was

£25 for Broadband
£4 for talktalk tv
£18 for skysports for 6 months

Not really keen on taking out a new contract with the same provider and paying more, so any recomendations for good value, virgin are not availble in my area so thats out already

Comments

• edited November 2019
    I tether data from my phone to my laptop, sometimes connected by HDMI to my tv, and pay £16 a month, covering all my needs (football included) and with calls & texts. (Granted that is a cheap lifestyle choice for the single guy, so probably not what you are looking for!) 
  • Use a comparison site to see what the best option is. Then use Topcashback or Quidco to sign up so you get some cashback. 
  • Use a comparison site to see what the best option is. Then use Topcashback or Quidco to sign up so you get some cashback. 
    100% this. Have managed to get hundreds back over years... Especially first time customer deals. 
  • Someone was offering free broadband last week, think it's too late now.
  • edited December 2019
    You'll get much better offers over the phone than 'live chat'. Talk to the retention team, works EVERY time.....
  • I’ve just left TalkTalk after many years and joined EE.

So far so good.
  • We get £5/mth off the b/b subscription cos one of our mobile phone contracts is with EE, they gave us an extra dunno how much data on that phone contract cos they (thought they had) messed up the booking for the install and the bank gives us 3% back on all "communications" DDr's, the EE wireless hub doesn't seem to have massive range but we're miles from any exchanges and the bandwidth is adequate for HD telly streaming, job's a good'un for about £20/mth
  • This forum is hilarious at times. Some fella posts asking advice for the interior of a house he is having built. Paulie comments ‘first world problems’ presumably meaning it must be nice if these are the things you’re concerned about as some of us are living in bedsits/hostels etc. First fella then misses the point (unless I have) and responds by bringing up a thread Paulie started asking for Broadband help. Paulie’s original thread then gets resurrected and people continue to give him advice and answers to a question he posed about 6 weeks ago. Unbelievable.

• edited December 2019
    JaShea99 said:

This forum is hilarious at times. Some fella posts asking advice for the interior of a house he is having built. Paulie comments ‘first world problems’ presumably meaning it must be nice if these are the things you’re concerned about as some of us are living in bedsits/hostels etc. First fella then misses the point (unless I have) and responds by bringing up a thread Paulie started asking for Broadband help. Paulie’s original thread then gets resurrected and people continue to give him advice and answers to a question he posed about 6 weeks ago. Unbelievable.

Not sure why it’s Unbelievable?

Folk just trying to be helpful
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    JaShea99 said:

This forum is hilarious at times. Some fella posts asking advice for the interior of a house he is having built. Paulie comments ‘first world problems’ presumably meaning it must be nice if these are the things you’re concerned about as some of us are living in bedsits/hostels etc. First fella then misses the point (unless I have) and responds by bringing up a thread Paulie started asking for Broadband help. Paulie’s original thread then gets resurrected and people continue to give him advice and answers to a question he posed about 6 weeks ago. Unbelievable.

That and the fact this thread will show up in searches when people think to look for similar advice. 
  • JaShea99 said:

No one’s knocking anyone for giving advice. It’s just funny how it came about.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    JaShea99 said:

That and the fact this thread will show up in searches when people think to look for similar advice. 
    Because everyone uses the search function correctly.
  • The search function's working?