Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton match tickets to go on restricted sale (SOLD OUT)

Comments

• GRAY9 said:
    Why is it 2 per fan ID?

could have 500 people who haven’t been to 1 game.
    Because that's always been the case 
  • edited November 2019
    rikofold said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    The Valley Gold priority is taking the mick now. As a one off £60 member (or maybe it's still £30 from before the new amendment) you have a higher priority than the following:-

Season Ticket Holder for the last 2 seasons who has been to 11 away games.

They have the same level of priority than the following:

Season Ticket Holder for the last 2 seasons who has been to 15 away games.

How anyone can justify this is simply staggering and unfortunately the supporters Trust have not picked this up

There's a whole thread on this, but I will just say:
    • Valley Gold membership alone has afforded second tier ticket priority for 30 years
    • Even so the vast majority of games go to general sale
    • The argument about 'one off members' (and it is £60 now) refers to a handful of people among its membership
    • Even so the vast majority of games go to general sale
    • The vast majority of games go to general sale. 
    IMPORTANT
    Please note that anyone joining Valley Gold now won't be processed in time to take advantage of ticket priority for Luton. 
    You refer to Valley Gold having 2nd tier priority for 30 years. So what tier is on front of them?

Also due to the changes that have occurred after the Reading game Valley Gold now has a greater priority than a season ticket (and with the points based system now 2 seasons). Could you please tell me at least ONCE this had occurred in the last 30 years before this season?
  • JaShea99 said:
    We literally have the same discussion/moaning on every away tickets thread.
    Which would all be solved by purchasing VG. 
  • The team are in a better league and a better place demand goes up I remember millwall going to general a few times now we’re squabbling over Luton Away - for the record wont be going so if an away regular such as @clb74 is going to struggle I would gladly help out. 
  • The team are in a better league and a better place demand goes up I remember millwall going to general a few times now we’re squabbling over Luton Away - for the record wont be going so if an away regular such as @clb74 is going to struggle I would gladly help out. 
    I may need help if you could get one please.
  • Does seem all a little misaligned. My Dad and I have had season tickets for 28 consecutive seasons (plus a handful of away games each year), yet we're only eligible to apply at the 7th phase!! So expect they'll be sold out by then.
  • As I  suspected, it's not true, here's one of many examples:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60845/brighton-tickets-12th-april-2014
    That literally says VG in the second phase. 

I'm sure there has been the odd exception to prove the rule. 

• Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    We literally have the same discussion/moaning on every away tickets thread.
    If someone can honestly tell me that someone with just Valley gold should have the same priority as someone with whose held a season ticket for 2 seasons been to 15 away games and also has Valley gold I will shut up.
    I'm in the same boat, have 605 points, after Millwall game it will be 615 but someone who has joined Valley gold this season will have the same chance as myself on Monday afternoon.
    The 1st four stages are fair but Valley gold should have 230 points for joining or 460 for two seasons worth and then accumulate points the same way as everyone else, ie 10 for away games and whatever it is for home matches.
  • It should just be

650+VG

600+VG

500+VG

so on and so forth.

ValleyGold still get their ticket priority whilst not effecting some of the supporters further down the points loyalty scheme.

simple solution, is it not?

I've seen countless views on what it should be. The bottom line is that as part of membership you get ticket priority. It's literally one of the reasons for joining. 

It's not as if it's news. It's always been this way. And as I say every thread, it's extremely rare that games don't go to general sale regardless of priority tiers. You're basically saying for most games, it's not that I'll miss out, I just don't want to be behind that lot in the queue.

But it is, after all, what members pay for. 
    Palarsehater cheers 
    For the record though I have 465 points and Valley gold.
    As @Covered End points out it's my own fault as I decided not to buy a season ticket this season.
    I'm talking about fans like South West and Charlton Stu 
  • @Charlton_Stu
     drop me a pm and ill be glad to help out, trust @clb74 judgement that you are one of the faithful and not a west ham fan fancying a day out :wink:
  • Got my 8. 
  • @Charlton_Stu
     drop me a pm and ill be glad to help out, trust @clb74 judgement that you are one of the faithful and not a west ham fan fancying a day out :wink:
    Would be very much appreciated could think of better places for a day out.
  • What I don’t get is when Millwall tickets went on sale 3 weeks ago VG was at the equivalent mark of 500pts. Think there have been 2 away games since then and it’s leaped up to 550.

I had 545 three weeks ago and was 45 points above the Valley Gold cut off. I’ve since done a midweek away (Bristol City)  25 points BELOW Valley Gold. So even though someone like me is accruing points by doing less attractive aways, my possibilitiy of going to certain more attractive / local aways is actually reducing. Not right, is it?

Irrelevent in my case as I do have Valley Gold, so can leap up the priority roster. So I’m not on the outside pissing in, even as a Valley Golder I don’t think it is being marked fairly.

I know there are 516 fans more deserving to buy away tickets before I should get a pop at it. 
    Maybe I can explain the difference this way. 

When planning the tiering, clearly there will be a certain number of people in each grouping. Because each person can buy 2 tickets, once the total eligible reaches 50pc of the allocation, the club can no longer guarantee tickets to anyone.

However, clearly the club can judge, based on historic practice, how many people are likely to buy in each tier for each game. For Luton, for example, it's a midweek game, Luton aren't the greatest attraction abd we played them last year, so fewer people are likely to buy. However there is a small allocation that needs to be taken into account.

So what's happening game to game is that the club is tiering according to the allocation, the likelihood to sell, the attractiveness of the match, and the commitment to Valley Gold members that they will have the ticket priority they paid for.

But it still remains a fact that the vast majority of games go to general sale, which shows how well this is managed overall. Most of the arguments here are about who should go first before they get sold to the great unwashed. I accept Luton may be an exception, but I wonder if anyone here with a strong loyalty case missed out on Millwall tickets because VG members who didn't otherwise qualify?

It's not as if VG members are a group of people who never go to games. 
  • What I don’t get is when Millwall tickets went on sale 3 weeks ago VG was at the equivalent mark of 500pts. Think there have been 2 away games since then and it’s leaped up to 550.

I had 545 three weeks ago and was 45 points above the Valley Gold cut off. I’ve since done a midweek away (Bristol City)  25 points BELOW Valley Gold. So even though someone like me is accruing points by doing less attractive aways, my possibilitiy of going to certain more attractive / local aways is actually reducing. Not right, is it?

Irrelevent in my case as I do have Valley Gold, so can leap up the priority roster. So I’m not on the outside pissing in, even as a Valley Golder I don’t think it is being marked fairly.

I know there are 516 fans more deserving to buy away tickets before I should get a pop at it. 
    If you can name the 516 you deserve a luton ticket
  • Sponsored links:

• The system isn't perfect and it never will be. The bigger issue for me is teams not giving us the full allocation of the away stand when it is obvious we are going to sell out the initial allocation. 

Dont see why Luton cant announce 1500 available and sell them block by block so that if we were to only sell 1000 the same 500 seats would be free. 

People see the allocation and give up. Would be much more optimistic about chances of getting one if they gave us the full allocation.

I am genuinely tempted to get VG next season in order to jump up the list!
    Surely that's all we're getting. For example Luton played Forest on Saturday, and they only got 2/3 of the stand, and Forest have a bigger away following than we do
  • I don't see an issue with Valley Gold adding loyalty points, although maybe this needs re-thinking in terms of the weight it gives, i.e. maybe the loyalty points it provides increases over time so you're rewarded more heavily if you're a long-term VG member?

Also feel that the 2 year loyalty point cycle is no way long enough. I've had a season ticket consistently from going back to the Valley, PL days, right up to the League 1 period. Yet continuing to buy a season ticket (and attend some away games) throughout the recent years of dross in League 1 has put me in no better position in terms of 'loyalty' points than someone who has started going in the last couple of seasons as we've picked up.
  • The system isn't perfect and it never will be. The bigger issue for me is teams not giving us the full allocation of the away stand when it is obvious we are going to sell out the initial allocation. 

Dont see why Luton cant announce 1500 available and sell them block by block so that if we were to only sell 1000 the same 500 seats would be free. 

People see the allocation and give up. Would be much more optimistic about chances of getting one if they gave us the full allocation.

Surely that's all we're getting. For example Luton played Forest on Saturday, and they only got 2/3 of the stand, and Forest have a bigger away following than we do
    Precisely my point. Why don't they give the full allocation. So many clubs now are simply giving 2/3 of the away stand as their usual allocation for no reason at all!

Precisely my point. Why don't they give the full allocation. So many clubs now are simply giving 2/3 of the away stand as their usual allocation for no reason at all!
    1032 is the full away allocation given to all clubs this season & has been the case for the past few seasons,the ground only holds 10,356.Luton plan to move to a new stadium where the capacity will be 17,500.
  • clive said:
    The system isn't perfect and it never will be. The bigger issue for me is teams not giving us the full allocation of the away stand when it is obvious we are going to sell out the initial allocation. 

1032 is the full away allocation given to all clubs this season & has been the case for the past few seasons,the ground only holds 10,356.Luton plan to move to a new stadium where the capacity will be 17,500.
    Luton have given 1 club the full end this season. 
  • clive said:
    The system isn't perfect and it never will be. The bigger issue for me is teams not giving us the full allocation of the away stand when it is obvious we are going to sell out the initial allocation. 

Its the standard allocation. Capacity of the stand is 1500. No reason why they cant give full allocation every week.
  • This priority sale is a complete mess.

What a f*** up there would be on promotion to the money league.

West Ham away in '99, I had been to 90% of the aways and my two buddies had been to about two games.  Guess who did not get a ticket until wondering around a West Ham boozer before the game.

Still f****** things up 20 years later.
  • clive said:

Its the standard allocation. Capacity of the stand is 1500. No reason why they cant give full allocation every week.
    Because they basically sell out every week, and would rather 500 more home fans can get in?
    Well dont Luton know our away support is growing and growing and we should be intitled to these extra 500 tickets.
  • Any predictions how soon this one will sell out ?

Our group of 5 that travels to 90% or more of away games each season & attends all home matches, with season tickets purchased again this term , will be able to purchase just 4 up to & inc Friday afternoon.

That leaves 1 of our number unable to purchase until Monday after 2pm even though she also has VG .