Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

polarized views

I'm getting some new prescription sunglasses (Ray Ban) soon and wondering whether to go for polarized for the first time.
The main beneift of course is reducing glare and they seem to be widely recommended, although not universally popular with complaints that seem to be mainly around reading screens.
I would not be using them to read any screens including phone, I would be using them in normal outdoor situations and driving.

What has been your experience?

Comments

• Great for fishing, good for driving but don't bother with Head up Display option on your next car.
  • edited November 2019
    Totally thought this was a thread about peoples views on Dillon Phillips.
  • polarized dont work in the car as the light is filtered through the windscreen and doesn't make the lens react.
  • Opened this thinking it was thread about Naby. 
  • At least it's not a Brexit thread  :D
  • whichever pole you visit, a good pair of shades will be vital equipment .. snow blindness is a terrible affliction
  • MrOneLung said:
    polarized dont work in the car as the light is filtered through the windscreen and doesn't make the lens react.
    I got myself one of those prescription windscreens, glad I did, never looked back since
  • whichever pole you visit, a good pair of shades will be vital equipment .. snow blindness is a terrible affliction
    I thought he was pissed :wink:
  • probably will buy polarized tomorrow, just a nagging doubt I will regret it!