Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• cafctom said:
    Absolutely deserves a hero’s welcome. He gave us arguably the greatest Charlton moment many of us would have ever experienced.

All this “as soon as that whistle blows, he is the enemy” blood and thunder stuff isn’t really us to be honest. I’ll sing his name loud and proud!
    Exactly , if we weren’t a madhouse , he’d have been offered a contract commensurate to
    his value and would have stayed .
    luckily for us Lockyer has come in and we haven’t really missed him 

• Stats from his Wikipedia page shows games played for us over the 4 seasons he was with Charlton as:

the first being the Championship and the last three being in L1

Given a season is 46 league games plus at least 2 cup matches, plus the check a trade and for the last two seasons the playoffs then there must have been 50+ first team games. I can’t recall him being dropped so injury and suspensions must have used up over a third of each season in L1.

He has already played 13 games for Preston this season so they may have him available for a remaining 20+ games if he follows that pattern

• And it’s forced in by Patrick Bauer.

Scored the winner at Wembley and scored a fine goal against Millwall. Paddy will get a great applause before the match.
  • Looking fit!
  • All far too easy for PB today 
  • edited November 2019
    It's criminal that we gave him such an easy ride today.
  • Both CBs were commanding and made Bonne look non-league any time the ball was pumped long. We sorely missed having Lyle drag them around the pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• The perfect return for Patrick, an easy game and his new side goes top
  • Pretty sure PB had a cigar on the go today. Won’t have many easier afternoons 
  • I was thinking at the end of the match with that slight goalmouth scramble, we needed Bauer to score again...
  • He gets away with a lot of hugging..... funny how I only find it annoying now!!
  • I think the best bit of Bonnes game is his heading , I think he gets up well for flick ons .
    hes fresh aired in the last two home games , luckily the last home one was called offside to save his blushes .
    hes in more than enough credit for us and is a work in progress , will he be able to do the business over a longer stretch of time in this division , who knows , the jury is still out for me .

He’s learning all the time and games against Preston can only help him learn wants required at this level 
  • When Bonne does get a flick on there are none of our players running past him. Everyone time Stockley got a flick there seemed to be one of their players about.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    When Bonne does get a flick on there are none of our players running past him. Everyone time Stockley got a flick there seemed to be one of their players about.
    That was true for every second ball, all across the park, for us yesterday.
  • mendonca said:
    He gets away with a lot of hugging..... funny how I only find it annoying now!!
    He never got away with it when he wore our shirt!
  • edited November 2019
    Both CBs were commanding and made Bonne look non-league any time the ball was pumped long. We sorely missed having Lyle drag them around the pitch.
    Total insult to Bonne.
    We have had ex premier players for the opposition this season who have been totally inept.
    He laid the ball off well but not having a striker like Taylor or a clever player like Williams it was near on impossible for him yesterday.
    He scores four in a row in the Championship and when he doesn't win headers again a 6ft 4in centre back his a non League striker !
    An utter shite comment.
    Bloody hell. Everyone has totally overreacted. 

They made him LOOK non-league - look being the key word. I was paying their centre back pairing a compliment on how well they handled an in form striker.

From my memory he was outmuscled a number of times (despite winning a couple of duels) and as a pair the CBs were rarely turned. We never truly got in behind them and made them face their own goal.
  • I like PB a lot. I know he used to go out of his way a lot to speak to and help the German Addicks. A very humble man, and someone who's career i will follow with affection.
    Imagine if his Dad were at Wembley that day in May 2019 .!
  • Absolute class fella.
  • Wonder how soon after the Final he held talks with Alex Neil

Have no grudge towards him in the slightest as he gave every indication long before the end of the season that he'd be leaving - Proves I dont think there was a chance of him remaining at the club even when we were talking aboutt him potentially staying