Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth

I vaguely recall, some 20 years ago of watching Bournemouth play in the 4th Tier with a car park behind one of their goals, and with miniscule crowds.

Yet today they beat Man U 1-0. And Southampton lost 30-0 at home to Leicester and Pompey fester in the 3rd Tier. 

Well done to everyone at Bournemouth.

Comments

• Yeah. Pretty impressive.
    That club crest is rank though.
  • Used to go there for our family holidays when I was a young lad and ever since have had a soft spot for them.
  • Eddie Howe has done an incredible job there.

Some comments on him here:   https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86863/eddie-howe

• edited November 2019
    Theres something a bit "smellly" about Bournemouth, isnt there?

You look at the crowds, stadium and infrastructure and it's all a bit 3rd division.  Sure the PL money is huge these days, but that cant be the whole story.

I do like Eddie Howe though. And the way they try to play.
  • Do you remember when we were close to securing Eddie Howe in 2011?
  • Matty Holland club captain  :)
  • Not that impressive, they were bank
    rolled by Russians to the prem. Bought their way to the top. 
  • Championship club Bournemouth have recorded pre-tax losses of more than £60m for the year ending 30 June 2020.

The Cherries, who were relegated from the Premier League last July, saw their losses almost double from £32.4m the previous year due to Covid-19.

Turnover dropped by £35.7m due to a fall in final league position in 2019 and the effect of Covid-19 on income.

The figures do not include more than £50m in transfer fees earned after the end of last season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56563968

• Won’t be long until the owner is trying to flog it for a £1 
  • Russian Oligarch team, relied on the ridiculous amounts of money in the Prem, didn't bother upgrading the stadium as they thought the TV money would pull them through, and now Covid and relegation has screwed it up for them.
    They've seemed to get away with being tarred with the same brush as other teams that are run by shady money men, but after the piss taking of them in the West Stand I'm glad they're struggling, petty as that may seem
  • Sponsored links:

• I went right off them the day they were promoted at the Valley, all this 'were Bournemouth, we do what we want' nonsense, it was quite bizarre. 

I know it was the biggest day in their history to date but the percentage of dickhead per supporter was, well quite simply staggering. 

I don't know or have never met a real Bournemouth fan so have no yardstick to set that day by.     
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    I went right off them the day they were promoted at the Valley, all this 'were Bournemouth, we do what we want' nonsense, it was quite bizarre. 

I know it was the biggest day in their history to date but the percentage of dickhead per supporter was, well quite simply staggering. 

I don't know or have never met a real Bournemouth fan so have no yardstick to set that day by.     
    I got to know two Bournemouth fans when Rhoys Wiggins signed for us and they were embarrassed by the same glory seekers that you speak about. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    I went right off them the day they were promoted at the Valley, all this 'were Bournemouth, we do what we want' nonsense, it was quite bizarre. 

Would we not have the same problem SE7 if given thousands of tickets.
  • edited March 2021
    clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

To a point yes.... but some of our worse ever crap league 1 attendances are still some way ahead of their record attendance . Our dickhead to fan ratio is far lower. 
  • clb74 said:
    SE7toSG3 said:

To a point yes.... but some of our worse ever crap league 1 attendances are still some way ahead of their record attendance . Our dickhead to fan ratio is far lower. 
    Not if you go on twitter it isn't 🤣
  • Maybe @clb74 but not sure that came across at Carlise with theirs or at Wembley with Sunderland fans?