Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England cricket winter tour

T20 v NZ starts tonight I believe. 
I've set the recorder,to watch tomorrow. 

Comments

• Live replay on TMS from midday too
  • I anticipate watching the first over only as I’ve just got home and had an M&S pina colada can. Guaranteed pass out. 
  • Just waiting for the programme to start now. Probably wont stay up to watch it all....depends on the toss I suppose.
  • We won the toss & will bowl. No point staying up to watch us get flogged around the park.....I'm off to bed.
  • edited November 2019
    England win the toss and will BOWL first.

Bairstow
    Malan
    Vince
    Morgan (c)
    Billings
    S.Curran
    Gregory
    T.Curran
    Jordan
    Rashid
    Brown
  • Correction, England will bowl first.
  • NZ 153-5 from 20 overs.

Ross Taylor 44 from 35 balls
    Chris Jordan 2-28 from 4 overs
  • England win by seven wickets with nine balls to spare.

James Vince 59 from 38
    Mitchell Santner 3-23 from 4 overs
  • Very smart knock from Vince, shame he didnt take us over the line, but a comfortable win.
  • We could do without James Vince having a good series. We have so many better top order players. Don't know how he is still in consideration.
  • Sponsored links:

• We could do without James Vince having a good series. We have so many better top order players. Don't know how he is still in consideration.

I think plenty of completion is good, and Chris Silverwood will want to see as many players as he can
  • edited November 2019
    We could do without James Vince having a good series. We have so many better top order players. Don't know how he is still in consideration.
    A tad unfair.
    Clearly, the selectors believe he is in the second level of players after the likes of Buttler,Stokes,Roy etc, and his performance today will have done him no harm, getting a 50 against the likes of Southee,Ferguson,Santner is not shabby - thought he played quite nicely tbh.
  • I hear that Denly didn't play as he got injured in the warm up. Anyone know what he has done or whether he will be out for long? 
    Also please don't tell me he did it playing football!
  • redman said:
    I hear that Denly didn't play as he got injured in the warm up. Anyone know what he has done or whether he will be out for long? 
    Apparently, he fell over. Do what it didnt elaborate.
    A tad unfair.
    Clearly, the selectors believe he is in the second level of players after the likes of Buttler,Stokes,Roy etc, and his performance today will have done him no harm, getting a 50 against the likes of Southee,Ferguson,Santner is not shabby - thought he played quite nicely tbh.
    Maybe slightly unfair but in terms of players in the top 3 in T20 for England he has to be behind Buttler Roy Bairstow Banton and Hales. We have a whole host more in the 4-6 slots too: Morgan Root Malan Stokes Billings who are ahead of him and then Denly who offers an option with the ball too. 

Realistically cant see him anywhere near the T20 world cup squad so would rather try the young players.
  • edited November 2019
    We could do without James Vince having a good series. We have so many better top order players. Don't know how he is still in consideration.
    A tad unfair.
    Maybe slightly unfair but in terms of players in the top 3 in T20 for England he has to be behind Buttler Roy Bairstow Banton and Hales. We have a whole host more in the 4-6 slots too: Morgan Root Malan Stokes Billings who are ahead of him and then Denly who offers an option with the ball too. 

Realistically cant see him anywhere near the T20 world cup squad so would rather try the young players.
    And the 'young players' are? (aside from Banton who you've already mentioned, who is a fantastic prospect btw)

Was impressed with Brown in his debut.
  • Just watched it. We bowled well and appeared in charge from start to finish.
  • redman said:
    I hear that Denly didn't play as he got injured in the warm up. Anyone know what he has done or whether he will be out for long? 
    I think I listened to the TMS preview yesterday when walking home where they said he was practicing fielding and twisted ankle or knee on or around the boundary rope? Think it was Aggers that said it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• redman said:
    Trying to lean on the bar just after the hatch had been opened I heard. 
  • Are New Zealand sick of us yet?
  • Denly out for whole T20 series 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Denly out for whole T20 series 
    YESS ....
  • MrOneLung said:
    Denly out for whole T20 series 
    YESS ....
    Just a joke before someone comes on and starts bashing me again.
  • When is the next one?
  • Rudders22 said:
    When is the next one?
    Tonight, 12:30am on Sky so presumably a 1am kick off?
  • Thanks for that... may watch it but then we have a game tomorrow lunchtime and I have an interview Monday morning so may just not watch it. 
    He should be dropped for his fielding alone - two absolutely shocking drops today
  • Jordan and Sam Curran have bowled very well